Saturday night series

Discuss anything related to Williams Grove
hotrodney
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Saturday night series

Post by hotrodney » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:10 pm

felix12 wrote:Just another nail in Williamsgrove's coffin.
Did they make any money off the SNS anyway? I doubt it or else it wouldn't be dropped.
Stimulate the economy- buy made in the USA.

hotrodney
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Post by hotrodney » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:15 pm

Duane wrote:It's all about having a regular division for Susky i believe. I don't think they would have left if the Susky deal wouldn't have happen. I also think in time, it will provide great racing for the Sportsman(hopefully less demanding on motors), and the Grove will once again be known for the 410's on a Friday!! I think it could be a win win! :dontknow: JMO
That's what I think. Susky's smaller size should make it a much better fit for the sportsmen and LLM's and it's still a short drive for most teams. Susky having a weekly headline division should be good thing for the future of the track. The Grove needs to concentrate on their Friday night shows.

hotrodney
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Post by hotrodney » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:27 pm

Radius Rod wrote:
NEWBOMB TURK wrote:One of the many rumors floating around Selinsgrove Speedway has Allen Kreitzer interested in taking over the track in 2016. Rumored holdup is current promoter wants to remove his improvements, lights, sound ect. So maybe Sportsmen will have a home in 2016. Of all the rumors I've heard, this seems to be the most believable. The cancellation of the Saturdat Night Series at the Grove was probably finalized long before this announcement. I guess we will find out the answers eventually. :dontknow:

In my opinion he cant take the lights or the sounds unless he puts the old system back together, I cant rent an apartment, replace the sink shower and kitchen appliances then insist im taking them with after my lease is up. I moved in with a sink shower and kitchen appliances the same ones or better need to be there when i leave....

I figured he'd torch the place on the way out to try to get an insurance check right when the lease is up........................
I don't know what he can legally take but he did sink a lot into the place and the rumor I heard is he is asking $400,000 from the next promoter(we know that ain't happening) or else he was removing all improvements and plowing over the infield track. I know he was upset with the fairboard after a meeting at the beginning of the season but removing everything would just cost a lot more work and money. He did his best to keep the place running for 15 years. That's no easy feat in todays racing climate. Fielding any type of car is more costly than ever and fans don't fill the bleachers every week like they used to. I appreciate the time and effort he put into the track. Hope the next promoter can keep it going another 15 years.

Radius Rod
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Radius Rod » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:33 pm

hotrodney wrote:
Radius Rod wrote:
NEWBOMB TURK wrote:One of the many rumors floating around Selinsgrove Speedway has Allen Kreitzer interested in taking over the track in 2016. Rumored holdup is current promoter wants to remove his improvements, lights, sound ect. So maybe Sportsmen will have a home in 2016. Of all the rumors I've heard, this seems to be the most believable. The cancellation of the Saturdat Night Series at the Grove was probably finalized long before this announcement. I guess we will find out the answers eventually. :dontknow:

In my opinion he cant take the lights or the sounds unless he puts the old system back together, I cant rent an apartment, replace the sink shower and kitchen appliances then insist im taking them with after my lease is up. I moved in with a sink shower and kitchen appliances the same ones or better need to be there when i leave....

I figured he'd torch the place on the way out to try to get an insurance check right when the lease is up........................
I don't know what he can legally take but he did sink a lot into the place and the rumor I heard is he is asking $400,000 from the next promoter(we know that ain't happening) or else he was removing all improvements and plowing over the infield track. I know he was upset with the fairboard after a meeting at the beginning of the season but removing everything would just cost a lot more work and money. He did his best to keep the place running for 15 years. That's no easy feat in todays racing climate. Fielding any type of car is more costly than ever and fans don't fill the bleachers every week like they used to. I appreciate the time and effort he put into the track. Hope the next promoter can keep it going another 15 years.

I hope they have a security deposit.....
Nobody in there right mind is going to hand this clown 400k to then rent the facility off the fair board. If you dont pay and his lease is up he's out. It sounds to me like before the improvements were made he should have went to the fair-board and asked for a split or reduced rate to compensate for the improvements. I also cant see him spending the money to remove his improvements then paying someone to put the old lights and other equipment back up (if there even still around) to bring the facility back to its state that it was when he leased it.

Of course the fair-board could always just keep an eye on the place and if someone shows up to have things removed they could have charlie and his group of jokers removed and just argue out in court that because charlie made the improvements his lease rate didnt double or triple therefor they paid for the improvements by not raising the lease rate.

In the end i predict he will get the John Hall mentality of if i cant have it nobody can and torch the place.
Or just run off with the point funds.....
Lower the price of the chicken strip combo!

racer5
Rookie
Rookie

Post by racer5 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:03 pm

Years, years ago, I think it was Tom Livelsberger, when he was done , he took most of the bleachers from the first turn. But I heard the amount was $40k that Charlie is asking for and the fair board will give him $25K.

three wide
Rookie
Rookie

Post by three wide » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:46 pm

i hope everyone can get out to selinsgrove tomorrow and take one more look around and show support, :cheerleader: i hope it's not the last time we see the place , If you get into selinsgrove early i think there is an airshow a few blocks away at the penn valley airport .

NEWBOMB TURK
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by NEWBOMB TURK » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:24 pm

three wide wrote:i hope everyone can get out to selinsgrove tomorrow and take one more look around and show support, :cheerleader: i hope it's not the last time we see the place , If you get into selinsgrove early i think there is an airshow a few blocks away at the penn valley airport .

Come real early! Susquehanna University has a home football game against Dickinson University of Carlisle Pa at 1 PM. Division 3 football, but should be a good game. Admission might be free. Was the first week. If not it's only 5 bucks. The air show is also in town. Should have a good field of sprints and late models with nobody else close running those two divisions.
This is the place where brilliant minds assemble to willfully pool ignorance with questionable logic in order to reach absurd conclusions.

The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all.
Gilbert K. Chesterton

Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.
Mark Twain

CH_88
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by CH_88 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:26 pm

hotrodney wrote:
Radius Rod wrote:

If he starts plowing, I hope he doesn't stop with the go kart track. I'd like to see the big building in the infield go right along with it so the view of the track is better. I love Selinsgrove but it has the worst sight lines of any track I've ever been to. Hopefully first and foremost someone takes over and keeps it going for years to come and with any luck, they'll figure something out to make the view of the action a little bit better for the fans who pay good money to see the show.
Way she goes.............

SLINKMASTERC
Racer
Racer

Post by SLINKMASTERC » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:28 pm

:dontknow:
Racecar spelled backwards spells Racecar

jonboat15
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by jonboat15 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:51 pm

This is just a rumor.. Saturday night I talked to a security guard who has worked at Selinsgrove for many years, he stated that the track will be running races next year under the promotion of a guy from Susquehanna. Take it for what its worth, remember this is just scuttlebut. :dontknow:

bschriver11
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by bschriver11 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:14 pm

The super sportsman will be a good fit for susky,the track size is a better fit for the cars.I'm sure Scott has his goals set high for susky,just give him some time and support. :yessss:

fenders27
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by fenders27 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:51 pm

There is no dout that Susky is the right track size for the SNS. Hope all the best for the SNS. So glade for the years at williams grove.

hotrodney
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Post by hotrodney » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:46 pm

racer5 wrote:Years, years ago, I think it was Tom Livelsberger, when he was done , he took most of the bleachers from the first turn. But I heard the amount was $40k that Charlie is asking for and the fair board will give him $25K.
Ah, 40k sounds a lot more realistic than 400k.