Discuss anything related to Williams Grove
prodirtcar32
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Run What Ya Brung to end Williams Groves Season with a twist

Post by prodirtcar32 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:21 pm

For Immediate Release:
September 22, 2015

Williams Grove Speedway closes out 2015 with the October 9th “Run What Ya Brung” double header for Sprint Cars & Late Models.

Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania’s Williams Grove Speedway will close its 2015 season, just as it opened it back in March, with the Sprint Cars and Super Late Models set to do battle on the historic half mile oval. This time there will be a slight twist, which should provide excitement for the fans and competitors alike. The October 9th double header will be run under a “Run what you Brung” type format, meaning most of the rule book will be tossed out, leaving the competitors on their own to try some innovated designs and setups to find the quick way around the big half mile. Heats and a B-main will set the field for both divisions that will see the Sprint Cars battle in a 25 lap $3,800 to win feature with the Late Model winner being awarded $2,000 for his or her 20 laps of work.

Competitors are encouraged to be creative and unique with their innovative designs in both divisions but must maintain proper safety equipment and adhere to normally allowed noise levels. Absolutely no radios and mirrors will be allowed. Any modifications made may not hinder visibility or hand signals to following drivers in any way.

The Sprints Cars must follow Williams Grove Speedway engine rules but the tire rule will be open to any brand & compound and cockpit adjusters will be allowed. No need to worry about weight as the scales will be close on October 9th, leaving the cars to weight whatever the crew chief thinks is best. Any type of spoiler, wing and sideboard may be used to help propel the car around the speedway. As far as the Late Models go, Williams Grove has burned the rule book, any type of wing, sideboard or spoiler may be mounted to go along with an open tire rule. Have a 430ci or bigger engine sitting around? Throw it in and let’s see what it can do. As with the sprints, there is no need to worry about weight as the scale will be closed.

In an added extra twist, former car owner Brad Jumper through his BMJ Property Management Company will sweeten the pot, giving $250 to both the Sprint Car and late Model that has been deemed best appearing and within the spirit of the “Run what ya Brung” format.

Mechanicsburg’s KRS Graphics will provide the top 3 cars in each division that have modifications, each (2) boxes of pop rivets to help offset what is used to give your car that unique aero package.

Gates will open at 5:00 with a 7:00 start time. General Admission for the night is just $15.00 with Students paying $10.00. As is always the case, children under 12 are admitted free. So bring a child and let’s close out Williams Grove’s 2015 season with what plans to be a memorable night.

Prepared & distributed by KRS Graphics Motorsports Media

Bernie Lomax
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Re: Run What Ya Brung to end Williams Groves Season with a twist

Post by Bernie Lomax » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:45 pm

How many cars do we think will show up on Friday? I've already seen Dietrich and Marks won't be there....

Shuey21
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Post by Shuey21 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:50 pm

Had to laugh at the 430CI for Late Models. Im pretty sure many guys run over that already. Could be wrong though.
2015 Count: 50

2016: 20
Lincoln - 4
Port Royal - 5
Williamsgrove - 7
Selinsgrove - 3
Susquehanna - 1

jonboat15
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by jonboat15 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:12 pm

Are fuel additives allowed? :twisted:

Scott H
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by Scott H » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:42 pm

:car6: = :rain:
Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?

DavidM
Legend
Legend

Post by DavidM » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:06 am

Scott H wrote::car6: = :rain:
I know! I hope they have a rain date in mind for this. Who's going to what to make changes to a car for an event that may get rained out and never run.
If you don't do it this year, you'll be another year older when you do" Warren Miller

http://davidm.smugmug.com/

BigRightRear
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

Post by BigRightRear » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:01 pm

It appears rules that can be "broken" are limited to wings or exotic suspension experiments...

perhaps the car modified to wear the coolest boots and umbrella will win the "best appearing"...
Home of the OUTLAW A$$WHIPPERS
Lincoln = 1845 ft. = .35 mile T3=124 MPH
Eldora = 2287 ft. = .43 mile T3=135 MPH
Port = 2716 ft. = .51 mile T3=TBD
Grove = 2792 ft. = .53 mile T3=135 MPH
Selinsgrove = 2847 ft. = .54 mile T1=136 MPH

2015: 43 Races
Grove: 17 / Lincoln: 13 / Port: 4 / Susky: 5 / Path Valley: 2 / Trailway: 1 /. ISMA @ Waterford New London: 1

JTR13
Pit Member
Pit Member
Location: Friday- Grove infield Turn 3 Saturday- Susky infield pitstall #45

Post by JTR13 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:01 pm

BlueOnBlack21 wrote:5:45 and the sun is out in downtown mechanicsburg. Guess we will give our money to path valley tonight. Another bonehead move by that cunt. Id sure be ****** if i was an owner or team that spent a ton of money and time on tonights race. B.S. just close the place already
Made the same comment on their FB page about not caring enough about the teams that spent the time any money into creating cars for tonight, otherwise they would have rescheduled... Surprisingly enough I have been removed and banded from commenting on their page... Truth hurts I guess
All "FOUR" Fun!!!

NEWBOMB TURK
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by NEWBOMB TURK » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:44 am

Weather plus high school football = a good business decision by the Grove. Anybody including the whiners on here would have made the same decision had they had the responsibility to see the bills got paid with the gate.
This is the place where brilliant minds assemble to willfully pool ignorance with questionable logic in order to reach absurd conclusions.

The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all.
Gilbert K. Chesterton

Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.
Mark Twain

JTR13
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by JTR13 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:08 am

Never said it was a bad idea to cancel last night... Said it was a bad idea to not reschedule... And also childish to ban someone from their FB page for expressing their feelings on a social media sight simply cause it may have hurt your feelings to hear the truth...
All "FOUR" Fun!!!

Bernie Lomax
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by Bernie Lomax » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:31 am

BlueOnBlack21 wrote:5:45 and the sun is out in downtown mechanicsburg. Guess we will give our money to path valley tonight. Another bonehead move by that cunt. Id sure be ****** if i was an owner or team that spent a ton of money and time on tonights race. B.S. just close the place already
Interesting filter...

SLINKMASTERC
Racer
Racer

Post by SLINKMASTERC » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:02 pm

It was a good call....car count for 410's would've sucked. Not many would've spent a ton of money for one race anyhow ( that would be a bonehead move)...many fans wouldve stayed home because they spent 3 days last week waiting in the rain for a race to happen, plus high school football...... Quitcherbitchen.....
.....Grow up..
Racecar spelled backwards spells Racecar

SLINKMASTERC
Racer
Racer

Post by SLINKMASTERC » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:09 pm

JTR13 wrote:Never said it was a bad idea to cancel last night... Said it was a bad idea to not reschedule... And also childish to ban someone from their FB page for expressing their feelings on a social media sight simply cause it may have hurt your feelings to hear the truth...

Dont feel bad i cant post on their facebook page either. Say anything negitive and you get the boot. I can olny share thier post and don't even do that because i was booted for my opinion.
Racecar spelled backwards spells Racecar

jonboat15
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by jonboat15 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:23 pm

blueonblack21 I wasn't thrilled with the cancellation of last night's race and I'm not big fan of the speedway's owner but your one word description of her is pretty vulgar and just not needed to express your disappointment.

JTR13
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by JTR13 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:11 pm

SLINKMASTERC wrote:
JTR13 wrote:Never said it was a bad idea to cancel last night... Said it was a bad idea to not reschedule... And also childish to ban someone from their FB page for expressing their feelings on a social media sight simply cause it may have hurt your feelings to hear the truth...

Dont feel bad i cant post on their facebook page either. Say anything negitive and you get the boot. I can olny share thier post and don't even do that because i was booted for my opinion.
I thought it was funny reading through the reviews on their page, there are a lot worse comments made then what got me banned...
All "FOUR" Fun!!!