Run What Ya Brung to end Williams Groves Season with a twist

Discuss anything related to Williams Grove
uncle geek
Crew Member
Crew Member

Re: Run What Ya Brung to end Williams Groves Season with a twist

Post by uncle geek » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:17 am

NEWBOMB TURK wrote:Weather plus high school football = a good business decision by the Grove. Anybody including the whiners on here would have made the same decision had they had the responsibility to see the bills got paid with the gate.

Gonna be hard to Pay the the Bills when you continue to p!ss off teams. Soon their wont be anyone willing to race there. How many full fields did they have this season?
2016, What a long strange trip.

BlueOnBlack21
Rookie
Rookie

Post by BlueOnBlack21 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:18 pm

The high school football deal is total BS. Whats the excuse for no crowds and no cars during the spring and summer? Ill tell ya why no one shows up because she is lazy and puts forth no effort and doesnt care at all about racing when she can just collect her insurance money.

sprintcars-4-life
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sprintcars-4-life » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:52 pm

In regards to their social media accounts, they need to find someone else to manage them. Especially on Twitter the person is routinely arguing with fans, myself included. Very unprofessional in my opinion. Hope this place turns around quick because a susky-Lincoln weekend combo is pretty enticing... :wellwaiting:
YCP student and die hard Sprint car fan. I like Rahmer, DD, and Budweiser

BlueOnBlack21
Rookie
Rookie

Post by BlueOnBlack21 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:02 pm

sprintcars-4-life wrote:In regards to their social media accounts, they need to find someone else to manage them. Especially on Twitter the person is routinely arguing with fans, myself included. Very unprofessional in my opinion. Hope this place turns around quick because a susky-Lincoln weekend combo is pretty enticing... :wellwaiting:
We talked about this on the way to path valley. Incredibly unprofessional with all the smartass comments and rude responses. No wonder no one likes her.

bmd5229
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by bmd5229 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:49 pm

sprintcars-4-life wrote:In regards to their social media accounts, they need to find someone else to manage them. Especially on Twitter the person is routinely arguing with fans, myself included. Very unprofessional in my opinion. Hope this place turns around quick because a susky-Lincoln weekend combo is pretty enticing... :wellwaiting:

Had the same issues. I asked him why he was talking badly about a driver on Twitter and he started trying to cover it up. I then asked a simple question about the purse for fall fest last year and he replied with "how did I know we would have problems with you, get a life. I was instantly blocked. Same went for Facebook, I asked them why they didn't promote the Friday night races like they used to the Saturday Night Series and it got me blocked. Stupid to block the people who spend their hard earned moneyed your track, from seeing what's happening at the place. I wish the reserved seating would be patrolled more as well, I know it would be slightly difficult. Just some thoughts for upcoming season.
"Believe deep down in your heart that you are destined to do great things." - JVP

Sprintcars100
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by Sprintcars100 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:40 pm

I'm also not aloud to post on there Facebook page. My comment got deleted on a picture of the track during the national open before warm ups when someone said the track looks great I replied and said actually it's hard as a rock and dry as a bone. The second time was because they posted a picture of a 4 cylinder mini stock advertising the run what you bring show and alls I said was that's actually a picture of a 4 cylinder not a latemodel. Most of my money has been spent supporting the Path Valley Wingless series anymore on Fridays.
2015 races:
5 Lincoln
2 Hagerstown
5 Williamsgrove
11 Port Royal
14 Path Valley
1 Selinsgrove
1 Susky
1 New Eygpt
1 Kutztown Action Track USA
1 Uttica Rome
1 Kokomo In.
1 Pittsburgh's Pennsylvania Motor Speedway
1 Gas City I 69 In.

CH_88
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by CH_88 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:43 pm

I got blocked on Twitter after the Kimmel Memorial got rained out last year. I'll be the first to admit, I really left them have it, but it was justified. You don't waste 45 minutes setting off fireworks when there's rain on the way. Move the fireworks to the end of the show and get the racing in. They could've easily got at least the 410 feature in and maybe had time to get the 358's in as well. I don't care what anyone says, she's running the place into the ground. What's going on there now reminds me of Port Royal circa 2000-2010 and I hope and pray that somehow, things can get changed for the better and Williams Grove can return to being what it should be again. The crowds and fields have been steadily on the decline and her attitude and the arrogant attitudes of many of the people who work there plus the bogus cancellations are what's driving people away. Nothing about the place has gotten better and just about everything has gotten worse. The surface is still about the same most of the time but that's about it. If another track decided to try running against the Grove, I'd support them all the way because what's going on there now isn't good.
Way she goes.............

BigRightRear
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

Post by BigRightRear » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:32 am

look at the grandstands...people are blocking themselves from attending!
Home of the OUTLAW A$$WHIPPERS
Lincoln = 1845 ft. = .35 mile T3=124 MPH
Eldora = 2287 ft. = .43 mile T3=135 MPH
Port = 2716 ft. = .51 mile T3=TBD
Grove = 2792 ft. = .53 mile T3=135 MPH
Selinsgrove = 2847 ft. = .54 mile T1=136 MPH

2015: 43 Races
Grove: 17 / Lincoln: 13 / Port: 4 / Susky: 5 / Path Valley: 2 / Trailway: 1 /. ISMA @ Waterford New London: 1