YES
24%
NO
76%

Total votes: 193

Mr. Excitement

Should the Bridge go?

Post by Mr. Excitement » Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:53 am

i say no, it is a land mark for the race track, what other track in the country has a bridge crossing over it?

Smitty

Post by Smitty » Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:58 am

The bridge can stay in my opinion. But give us a tunnel from the backstretch so fans can cross freely! :pray:

WRT Web Designs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Post by WRT Web Designs » Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:16 am

Smitty wrote:The bridge can stay in my opinion. But give us a tunnel from the backstretch so fans can cross freely! :pray:
AMEN! That's all that needs to be said. Talking about taking away the bridge is treasonous.

supertc88
Legend
Legend

Post by supertc88 » Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:59 am

NO :!:
Central PA - Home of the PA POSSE and the Best Dirt Track Racin' in America!

SAVE Our Farmland, Forrests and Dirt Tracks!

Freedom Is NOT Free!

RIP Billy Kimmel - Gone but not forgotten!

kitchen king
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Post by kitchen king » Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:23 am

WRT Web Designs wrote:
Smitty wrote:The bridge can stay in my opinion. But give us a tunnel from the backstretch so fans can cross freely! :pray:
AMEN! That's all that needs to be said. Talking about taking away the bridge is treasonous.
I agree.... Keep the bridge, but add a tunnel.... That bridge is one sweet piece of history that needs to stay......
To my loving Brother Mike Zeigler Sr.
April 28, 1958 - May 31, 2011 RIP Mike.....
I LOVE YOU and will never forget how great a brother you were.

http://www.rodneyzeigler.smugmug.com

DrakPak

Post by DrakPak » Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:45 am

WORD!! Keep the bridge and dig a tunnel that I can fit through!!!! I do plan to cut some lbs. this winter, so it doesn't have to be really BIG!! :mrgreen:

grove22

Post by grove22 » Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:14 pm

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When I worked there full time, there were always people coming in just to have their picture taken by that bridge. It just belongs and is the major symbol of the speedway. What next, asphalt?Image

Kamikazekid

Re: Should the Bridge go?

Post by Kamikazekid » Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:24 pm

Mr. Excitement wrote:i say no, it is a land mark for the race track, what other track in the country has a bridge crossing over it?
the rock aka Cumberland speedway down in Cumberland MD does

racer4

Post by racer4 » Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:50 pm

NO!!!!!!

DeckerFan91
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DeckerFan91 » Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:30 pm

No!! Keep the Bridge!!
Dirt Is For Racin' Asphalts For Gettin' You There!!

kinserfan11
Legend
Legend

Post by kinserfan11 » Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:36 pm

No way ! everyone knows about the bridage at the grove ever since they first put it up !!!

greggo69

Post by greggo69 » Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:44 pm

Hell no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bridge IS Williams Grove!!!!!!!
Add a tunnel!!

Tig88
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

Post by Tig88 » Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:41 pm

There is a bridge at the grove? :thinking: Driver safety first, its time for it to go..........JMO
I use to like Oreo Cookies and Chocolate milk.

CTtoPA
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

Post by CTtoPA » Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:44 pm

Stutts 88 wrote:There is a bridge at the grove? :thinking: Driver safety first, its time for it to go..........JMO
Then the guardrail needs to go too; so does the drop off turns 1&2. While you're at it, why not get rid of the 410? How many drivers have been injured by the bridge? How many have been injured by the stiff guardrails, the drop off 1&2, and the high speeds?
Better Living Through Chemistry

grove22

Post by grove22 » Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:22 pm

CTtoPA wrote:
Stutts 88 wrote:There is a bridge at the grove? :thinking: Driver safety first, its time for it to go..........JMO
Then the guardrail needs to go too; so does the drop off turns 1&2. While you're at it, why not get rid of the 410? How many drivers have been injured by the bridge? How many have been injured by the stiff guardrails, the drop off 1&2, and the high speeds?
Exactly CTtoPA, what next, pavement, only cars with fenders, bumpers, and crumple zones. Lets implement speed limits. While we're at it, lets not forget about the wooden "Williams Grove Speedway" sign in turn 3 cause a car might hit it and someone on the hill might get hit with a splinter. Replace the guardrails with a 7 tier guardrail system made of bumpers like you find at your local bowling alley. Lets post "No Bumping" signs around the track. I understand driver safety but the statistics speak for themselves and racing has always had and always will have its hazzards.