Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:05 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 12 Next

Should the Bridge go?
YES 24%  24%  [ 47 ]
NO 76%  76%  [ 146 ]
Total votes: 193
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:23 am 
Michael Root wrote:
What about the "Family Guy" from the Infield that enjoys a good Consi Strecth everyonce and awhile :?: :mrgreen:

Ok.....move the bridge to turn 3 then! :laughing7:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:35 am 
Smitty wrote:
Michael Root wrote:
What about the "Family Guy" from the Infield that enjoys a good Consi Strecth everyonce and awhile :?: :mrgreen:

Ok.....move the bridge to turn 3 then! :laughing7:
Or OVER the Yellow Breeches! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:08 pm 
NO leave the bridge alllllonnnne

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:00 am 
Pit Member
Pit Member

I think the solution is simple. Build a second bridge on the frontstretch, right across from the one on the backstretch. That way, everything will be evened out!

*It will also let those of us who are unfortunate enough to not qualify on a certain night to cross from the pits to the main grandstands to watch the feature, without having to walk ALL THE WAY around to the tunnel!

:idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:38 am 
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

RamRod wrote:
I'm what is important. 8)

:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:05 pm 
Give the bridge to Latimore Valley, backstretch should have a tunnel instead, obstructs view and flow of pedestrian traffic. Monster trailers in the infield obstruct view worse however, time to move the pits outside of turn two.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:15 pm 
cubicdollars wrote:
Give the bridge to Latimore Valley, backstretch should have a tunnel instead, obstructs view and flow of pedestrian traffic. Monster trailers in the infield obstruct view worse however, time to move the pits outside of turn two.
That'd ALL be great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:48 am 
Pit Member
Pit Member

cubicdollars wrote:

That would be nice but just will not be the same going there and not seeing the bridge on the backstrech but it would be nice for a tunnel connecting the backstrech to the infield to the grandstands with no turns along the way.

R.I.P Billy Kimmel -you will be missed

http://www.wesirwinmotorsports.com/

Race Count 2013:
Grove-8
Lincoln-1
Linda's-19
Port-1
Susky-8
Big Diamond-1
Susky Outback Track-1
Amount paid: $508

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:11 pm 
KEEP THE BRIDGE!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:44 am 
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

Tear it downnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :ahhh:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:06 am 
Legend
Legend

I think it should go,but be preserved for nostalgic fans to walk across to their hearts desire.

A tunnel would be so much better. Do they have bridges at Indy? Not since the 1920s......

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Racing-ph ... 6874310329

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:41 am 
Buildy wrote:
I think it should go,but be preserved for nostalgic fans to walk across to their hearts desire.

A tunnel would be so much better. Do they have bridges at Indy? Not since the 1920s......

Good call, Buildy. It's passed it's time. It is a hazard, and is useless. It's uselessness was noted at the '07 National. I hope I'm not present the night (or day) it gets nailed and someone is seriousely or fatally injured. It'd look great in the infield, at grounds entrance, at EMMR, or even at Knoxville's NSCHoF. MSPN might even like to see it in Iowa, but it should stay local.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:52 pm 
no it is one of the things that makes williams grove so unique but a tunnel under the backstretch wouldnt be a bad idea though

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:27 pm 
no the bridge should stay..... but build a tunnel so we dont have to stay in the infield for time triales and we can get back to are seats whith out missing anything..... . then you dont have to pay a renta cop to stop people from going threw the tunnel...... even if the cars are on the track....... jmo!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:05 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

[bTaking the bridge down would be a nascar move,should name it the Jack Gunn Memorial Bridge.......and charge $2.00 to cross it, DURNING MEMORIAL RACE and give the money to american cancer fund..Jack died of cancer...... Just my opinion.........

Last edited by STEVE PATTERSON on Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 12 Next