Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Juiniata R/c Speedway
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:35 am 
http://www.jrcspeedway.com/

:thinking: infield?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:56 am 
they are putting it up in turns 1 and 2. supposed to look like a miniture model of port royal speedway. I raced 1/10 sprint cars a few years back every week. I am hoping to get back into it again this summer. at another local track that is 230ft driveline they are gettin around there in under 6 sec. really cool watching these cars fly around there. I believe that they are running sprints late models and modified's along with trucks.

here is some video from a few years ago. these things have sped up since then.
http://www.newvillercspeedway.com/video.html

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:57 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

I live near the Newville RC track. I've gone down there a few times to check it out. Those nitro cars are wicked fast. They've come a long way since I was into it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:12 pm 
Legend
Legend

I just bought my truck today . Look out Port ! I gotta make a rock guard for it though . :laughing7: Anyone else racing there?

2014 races : 46

Port Royal 19
Williams Grove 19
Lincoln. 4
Trailway 1
Path Valley 1
Grandveiw 1
Hagerstown 1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:28 pm 
those rocks are boulders to them lil thangs. I might make it up a few times runnin a nitro sprint. these things are extremly addictive though I do warn ya. and there is a lot of competition with these lil "toy" cars. very fast I remember when I first started I used to never blink while driving. things where that intense. it has only got faster since I stopped a year ago.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:34 pm 
Legend
Legend

I've been in and out of the game for 15 years now . I know what to expect . I'm just "part timing" it and racing if I feel like it. I also have a sprint car that I may race from time to time . Depends on how the track operates more than anything.

Port Royal 19
Williams Grove 19
Lincoln. 4
Trailway 1
Path Valley 1
Grandveiw 1
Hagerstown 1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:32 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Newville's track record for sprint is 4.69 seconds.

bigben wrote:
they are putting it up in turns 1 and 2. supposed to look like a miniture model of port royal speedway. I raced 1/10 sprint cars a few years back every week. I am hoping to get back into it again this summer. at another local track that is 230ft driveline they are gettin around there in under 6 sec. really cool watching these cars fly around there. I believe that they are running sprints late models and modified's along with trucks.

here is some video from a few years ago. these things have sped up since then.
http://www.newvillercspeedway.com/video.html

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:33 am 
Rookie
Rookie

I'll be there this Sunday with both my custom works sprint and late model.

Brent Leach wrote:
I just bought my truck today . Look out Port ! I gotta make a rock guard for it though . :laughing7: Anyone else racing there?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:35 am 
Rookie
Rookie

I was at coopers a few weeks ago. It was crazy fast. I blinked once in the 1st heat and over shot the corner.

bigben wrote:
those rocks are boulders to them lil thangs. I might make it up a few times runnin a nitro sprint. these things are extremly addictive though I do warn ya. and there is a lot of competition with these lil "toy" cars. very fast I remember when I first started I used to never blink while driving. things where that intense. it has only got faster since I stopped a year ago.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:34 pm 
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

what does it cost to get into something like this....i know how fast do you want to go.
how about how much for getting started as a hobby and how much to compete with the big dogs.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:34 pm 
I would say about a grand for the car turn key. here are a few places that sells kits for sprints latemodels and modifieds. there might be more but these seem to be the two big names. bms cars are based here in pa and the owners race at local tracks every week. custom works is owned by tony stewert but a good many run em around here.

http://www.bmsrcracing.com/
http://www.customworksrc.com/

if ya just want a truck go to your local hobby store. newville bumps or kranzels should have what ya need.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:29 pm 
Legend
Legend

You can get a Ready-To-Run Associated GT2 and everything you need to at least start it up and run for right around $400.

Port Royal 19
Williams Grove 19
Lincoln. 4
Trailway 1
Path Valley 1
Grandveiw 1
Hagerstown 1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:28 am 
Rookie
Rookie

depends what class you want to run. If your going to run truck go on ebay and buy an RC10gt. The new GT2 has a different gear ratio in the tranny, and can be difficult to get the right ratio with foam tires. I haven't seen a GT2 that handled right yet. Usually you can find a good GT on ebay for around $150. Till you get tools, starter box, etc. etc. $400-$500.

If you want to run sprint car, latemodel, or edm, its more then twice that. For a custom works sprint car your looking around $475 for just the roller. A bms sprint is $525. Late models and edm's use the same chassis, from custom works they are around $440, from BMS they are $510. Then you will need a radio, motor, etc.

you can go here and get more of an idea:
http://www.newvillercspeedway.com

sprint1 wrote:
what does it cost to get into something like this....i know how fast do you want to go.
how about how much for getting started as a hobby and how much to compete with the big dogs.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:12 pm 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Does anyone run electric dirt oval anymore??? I used to race at R@D Hobbies, Kranzels and down in Hanover.. Seems like everything now is gas.. Boy.. those were the days..

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:30 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

oh yea. There is a stock edm class all winter at bumps and jumps. The PA nitro tour has also added a 13.5 brushless / 2cell lipo edm class for this year.

pajamie wrote:
Does anyone run electric dirt oval anymore??? I used to race at R@D Hobbies, Kranzels and down in Hanover.. Seems like everything now is gas.. Boy.. those were the days..