NEVER buy JE Pistons!!! L@@K

Post your personal or favorite pictures of all other forms of racing.
CTtoPA
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

Re: NEVER buy JE Pistons!!! L@@K

Post by CTtoPA » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:20 am

The error made doesn't seem to me to warrant only paying half for custom pistons. It sounds like there was breakdown in communications somewhere along the line. It gets worse when more people are involved. I would think that the $150 restocking fee is a little hefty, but to suggest NEVER to buy from a reputable company like JE Pistons because of one error out of how many orders? That's just ignorant.
Better Living Through Chemistry

speed25

Post by speed25 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:04 pm

sorry you had this happen but i will tell you if you got the money and want the best JE is the only piston out there

Brent Leach
Legend
Legend

Post by Brent Leach » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:31 pm

FAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tilton Hilton
2 Speedway Drive
Mechanicsburg , PA 17055

2015 races : 37

Port Royal 12
Williams Grove 14
Lincoln. 5
Path Valley 2
Hagerstown 1
Selinsgrove 2.
Susquehanna 1

GOSHOW
Legend
Legend

Post by GOSHOW » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:41 pm

racer10 wrote:sorry you had this happen but i will tell you if you got the money and want the best JE is the only piston out there
MAHLE by far and away the best on the market. Expensive for the pro series box-n-box style around the wrist pin, but well worth it.

BigNugs87
Racer
Racer

Post by BigNugs87 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:49 pm

GOSHOW wrote:
racer10 wrote:sorry you had this happen but i will tell you if you got the money and want the best JE is the only piston out there
MAHLE by far and away the best on the market. Expensive for the pro series box-n-box style around the wrist pin, but well worth it.
Ditto GOSHOW!! We switched to Mahle this year after having JE and CP piston skirts cracking.
Beerhill, bottoms up!!!!

BigNugs87
Racer
Racer

Post by BigNugs87 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:48 pm

STBPERF wrote:If you are cracking pistons skirts look for a problem other than the make of the piston. Cracked skirts are the result of a problem somewhere in the building process.
Upon disassembly, NOTHING else was wrong inside the engine except where the skirt broke, it also broke part of the cylinder wall. Couldn't have been clearances cause they were checked 3 times before final assembly. I'll take your word on it though Mr. Baylor as you know more than I do. :thumbleft:
Beerhill, bottoms up!!!!

mystic1582
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by mystic1582 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:51 am

Was the motor up to temperature when the skirts broke? i.e. clearances at their operating dimensions?