Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:54 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:21 am 
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

Pro Stocks will join the late models on August 30 in a 20-lap feature paying $500 to win and $75 to start.

Limited Late models will join the late models on August 31 in a 20-lap feature payint $1000 to win and $100 to start. Any 358 late model participate and will use an open tire rule.

<FIXED>

Last edited by Scott Harro on Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:30 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

is the addition of the LLM's the reason general admission is now $38?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:34 am 
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

not unless the LLM's were in the back of their mind since May. that's the last time admission fees were adjusted on the schedule page.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:04 am 
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

UPDATED INFORMATION

the limited late model race on august 31 is open to any 358 late model and it will be an open tire event.
20-laps, $1000 to win and $100 to start.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:28 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

When the promoter loses money on this deal he can look at the rediculous admission price as the reason why. $38 for 10k to win, or next week I'll gladly pay $40 to watch all the best dirt late models in the country for 47k to win, 2k to start. No brainer there.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:45 am 
Crew Member
Crew Member

Just a thought but the cost of everything's getting higher. Think about it the cost of milk , a loaf of bread I don't understand how people sit here and think that the racetrack owners and promoters are just supposed to eat the inflation. I've seen it before y'all keep complaining about Charlie and what he's doing and then when he gets rid of these races your next complaint is going to be that the world of outlaw latemodels don't come around anymore. Trust me I've seen worse prices for a 10k to win show. It just happen that this time it has finally found it's way to this area. Just think he's got the sanctioning fee to pay, the amusement tax, plus the cost for insurance, the employees, the emts, estimate of cost of fuel for his equipment, estimated cost of lighting for 2 days and the purse for both days and 2 classes.

psn tag: thefurb1593

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:06 am 
Rookie
Rookie

That's all true, but you forgot one major thing, The 16th Annual Late Model National Open sponsored by Jeff's Auto Body and Recycling Center. I'm not paying that kind of money to watch Darrell Lanigan stink the place up. Besides TMac the rest are field fillers and would only occasionally crack the top 5 on a normal show. Lucas is a much better option, IMHO.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:06 am 
Crew Member
Crew Member

And your assuming they're covering the whole purse. Maybe they are maybe they aren't that's infomation we don't have.

psn tag: thefurb1593

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:33 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Are they gonna run the pro-stocks first like every other week?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:34 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Ted wrote:
And your assuming they're covering the whole purse. Maybe they are maybe they aren't that's infomation we don't have.

Where in my post did it say that?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:40 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

Great show or not, we will support Selinsgrove in their attempt at bring the best to PA. It just may be that they should try for a weekend other than Labor Day with no other track trying to work with them on the schedule. One week later, or so, may be the difference. Bedford, Winchester Potomac, Port Royal and I-77 are all other tracks with big shows this weekend.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:57 pm 
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Price is fine with me bought both tickets last weekend. :yessss: And Eckert sure as he!! isn't a field filler at the track he got his start at.

Williamsgrove - 15
Port Royal - 8
Path Valley - 1
Hagerstown - 1
McKean County - 1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:14 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Yeah, he's been setting the world on fire this year. I forgot how many wins he has in rocket house car. Car looks like crap with him in the seat.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:59 am 
Crew Member
Crew Member

LM Fan wrote:
Yeah, he's been setting the world on fire this year. I forgot how many wins he has in rocket house car. Car looks like crap with him in the seat.

Just because he hasn't won a race yet this year doesn't mean he hasn't ran well, he's second in points to Lanigan who has ruled the WoO Late Models for the past few years.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:57 am 
Rookie
Rookie

JJMITCH wrote:
LM Fan wrote:

Just because he hasn't won a race yet this year doesn't mean he hasn't ran well, he's second in points to Lanigan who has ruled the WoO Late Models for the past few years.

Thanks for proving my point about how weak the WOO field really is. You shouldn't be able to be just mediocre and still be second in points. Shows how poor the rest are.