Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:10 pm 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Tim Bainey, father of Hooters Pro Cup driver Tim Bainey Jr. has announced that he is the new owner of Central Pa Speedway in Clearfield. You can check out the new web site at http://www.thebigtrack.com

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:00 pm 
Legend
Legend

From the Web Site - Sounds GOOD:

"Latest News...

Tim Bainey Purchases Central PA Speedway

February 18th 2007

It was announced today that one of the most well known racing personalities in Central Pennsylvania - Tim Bainey - has purchased the Central PA Speedway.

“We are pleased to announce that we have finalized the deal,” said Bainey. “We have a lot of planning to do from here – but #1 - I want all the teams, drivers, and race fans to know that they will have a place to enjoy themselves year after year, long into the future.”

Bainey, a former dirt racer, businessman, and current team owner of a USAR Hooter's ProCup Series Team - said his plans for the track are "to build upon the already strong foundation the track has going and take it to a new level over the next few years."

“This is going back to what I’ve always loved - - dirt track racing. I grew up around it, was fortunate enough to do it myself, and over the last few years have really enjoyed just being a part of it any chance that I get.”

“We want our track to be the MOST Fan, Driver, Team, and Sponsor Friendly place in the country… Provide a venue where everyone can benefit from increasing the interactions between these groups.”

“Our goal is to bring bigger and better racing to the fans, higher payouts to the drivers and teams, and produce a highly attractive atmosphere for participating sponsors.”

"I've looked into buying the place several times over the last 10 years," said Bainey. "The timing was right, and we were finally able to put the right deal together. It's something that I've always wanted to do, and I plan to have a lot of fun running this place as what I think will be one of the premier tracks in the country."

As far as those plans for the famed track…

“We plan to have a schedule released soon, the dates will be very close to what was ran last season, Memorial Day weekend, the Annual July 3rd Yankee Doodle, and 2 or 3 others, all big shows – and all sure to be exciting for everyone.”

“Right now we are pretty much organizing things. There is a lot to look over, but we are getting a good gameplan together.”

There will be several announcements, press releases, and other information coming in the next few weeks. We are asking that everyone follow things through our NEW track website (http://www.thebigtrack.com) while we go through this process of getting things in place.

Phone #’s, email addresses, and contact info will also be coming soon."

SAVE Our Farmland, Forrests and Dirt Tracks!

Freedom Is NOT Free!

RIP Billy Kimmel - Gone but not forgotten!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:51 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

This is real good news. I hope they open it back up to a full half mile.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:49 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

It sure would be nice to see a decent paying 410 race that could attract both the central & western PA cars.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:15 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

:cheerleader: :20wave: :thankyou:

I Challenge anyone to give an example of a program that the government has managed efficiently and/or cheaper than the private sector. Please no enactments, laws or statutes.