Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:00 pm 
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

i think the modified race is going to be awesome. times for the first hot lap session were 20.something. not bad for 2500lb cars on their first 5 hotlaps. the roc talked to the drivers after the first hot lap session and they were already excited about tomorrow

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:33 pm 
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

john pursell, jesse kline, chad brachmann, les gillette, ray bliss, jerry higbie, jesse kline's dad(sorry don't remember the name), dave zona don't remember the other 3. just before the rain fell 3 more entered the pits for a total of 14. one of those was either willy ir billie decker.
according to RoC officials they are expecting 50+ modifieds tomorrow. brett hearn, billy decker and jeff strunk are three of the big names i recognize on the list of verbal committments. also announced that both billy pauch sr and jr will be in attendance

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:04 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Dallan G wrote:
Just wondering how many people are going to skip a day of sprint car racing to see the busses fly on the big half mile. Or, are any of you going to Lincoln, & then gonna high tail it to Selinsgrove after the sprint race is over? I'll be at Selinsgrove.

Are you aware that the starting time is 4:00 at Selinsgrove tommorow? There won't be any high-tailing fron Lincoln to Selinsgrove. I'm about 33/33/33 myself; 33% chance of Lincoln, 33% chance of Selinsgrove and 33% chance of just staying home because I don't care for daytime racing. The busses did look pretty good at Selinsgrove tonight, sailing through the turns carrying the left front.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:43 pm 
watched the whole show @ Lincoln which was a good race Fred and Chad put on a show...then made it to Selinsgrove to watch the 50 lap mod. race...Billy THE KID looked good but broke around lap 35....track looked terrible, did Heimbach plow it for them? :dontknow: they should come to Lincoln and take notes from Fred Putney :thumbright: ...yeah Lincoln got dry today but it was smooth.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:17 pm 
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Nice bash on Selinsgrove :roll: They got a lot of rain, and Modifieds tear up a track a hell of a lot more than a Sprint car does. The track was very wet.

Williamsgrove - 15
Port Royal - 3
Path Valley - 1
Hagerstown - 1
McKean County - 1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:12 am 
Pit Member
Pit Member

Like you never bashed port royal.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:36 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

How was the crowd?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:42 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

I spoke with a driver that was there Saturday night. He told me that was the roughest he has ever seen that place. I was not there, but that must have been rough. It does not look too promising this week with the forcasted rain/snow.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:26 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

No Rookie wrote:
I spoke with a driver that was there Saturday night. He told me that was the roughest he has ever seen that place. I was not there, but that must have been rough. It does not look too promising this week with the forcasted rain/snow.

psn tag: thefurb1593