Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:11 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:10 am 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

April 2, 2008

MALCO Landscaping 358 Late Models roll onto the Lincoln Speedway for the first time in 2008.

The 358 Late Models presented by MALCO Landscaping make their first of 6 appearances at Lincoln Speedway this Saturday Night April 5th with a 20 lap feature paying $900.00 to win sponsored by Lawrence Chevrolet.

MALCO Landscaping located in Harrisburg is the title sponsor for the popular late models at Lincoln once again in 2008. “The Late models are my passion and I just love Lincoln Speedway” said MALCO’s Clay Russell. “I have been helping out with one Late Model team or another and I know all the drivers really get pumped to race at Lincoln. When Kurt and I talked about what we wanted to see happen for this division, I knew MALCO Landscaping wanted to be involved”. As in 2007 Lincoln Speedway will again keep points for the 358 Late Models with the top 5 receiving awards. In addition to the cash awards the champion will also receive a race wrap for 2009 valued at $800.00 from Sweeney Signs in Mechanicsburg. FRYECO Inc., Keizer Racing Wheels, & Weikel Racewear have also contributed to the awards that will be handed out to the top 5 in the point standings at the end of 2008.

“Not only has MALCO Landscaping stepped up big time, but Lawrence Chevrolet, Baker Door Company, K.R.S. Graphics, Weikel Racewear, Credit Connection Auto Sales, Sweeney Signs, Keizer Wheels & FRYECO Inc. have all come on board this year to help out” stated K.R.S. Graphic’s Kurt Smith. “All these guys put a lot of hard work into their cars and Clay and I just wanted to put something together to help give them a little something more back. Each race will pay the winner a minimum of $900.00 to win with half of the races paying at least $1,000.00 to the winner”. Smith also stated that the July 5th championship race sponsored by MALCO Landscaping will pay the winner $1.500.00 and feature a unique format for the competitors.

“The fans of Lincoln Speedway have been great towards the Late Models and the drivers jumped at chance to meet with the fans” said Smith. “At all six of the events a driver will have his car on display in front of the grandstands prior to the night activities and will be there to sign autographs and have photos taken. Bobby Beard will have the immaculately prepared #81s on display for the fans this week”. The sponsors have stepped up, the drivers are ready to go and the fans are excited. It’s going to be a great year for 358 Late Model racing at Lincoln Speedway.

Lincoln Speedway Late Model Schedule
April 5th 20 Laps $900 to win By Lawrence Chevrolet
April 19th 20 Laps $1,000 to win By Weikel Racewear
May 17th 20 Laps $900 to win By Baker Door Company
July 5th 25 Laps $1,500 to win By MALCO Landscaping
July 19th 20 Laps $900 to win By K.R.S. Graphics
Sept. 6th 20 laps $1,000 to win By Credit Connection Auto Sales

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:51 am 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Kurt Smith @ KRS deserves a lot of credit for all of the work of coordinating, and obtaining sponsors to promote this division. I really wish we could be there to support his efforts, but although we will be elsewhere, we still appreciate his hard work! It is great for the division no matter where you race...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:11 am 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

And to think I had decided to attend Lincoln this Saturday before reading this post. Now it officially sealed the deal!! :pinkelephant: :bananadance:

Good deal for all involved!!

(Proverbs 17:14)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:34 am 
Rookie
Rookie

there should be a lot of cars in attendance, most of the grove cars and a few from susky since their season hasnt started yet.