Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:52 am 
Does the Grove run 4 cylinders that look like little Late Models or a 4 cylinder that looks like a little Thundercar or Street Stock ? Thanks for any info or picture if have any.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:11 am 
Rookie
Rookie

They are kind of like a street stock.Most of them are Mustangs.They are far from stock though.We used to race them before we moved up to street stocks.Our car had about 300hp.They put on a good show.A lot of side by side racing.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:42 am 
Do they use racing tires or street tires ?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:14 am 
Does anyone know what gears to run ?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:03 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Yes they do run racing tires.These are the the souped up 4 cylinders not the stock thundercars.As far as gears it all depends what transmition you are running.I forget what gears we ran but I do know we ran a different gear than everybodyelse did and it was mad fast.We won the first ever 4 cylinder race held at the grove and the second race there we had trouble in the heat but started 21st in the feature and finished 6th.We were the fastest on the track but ran out of laps.I'll ask our driver tonight and see if he will give up his trade secret.There was only 1 other guy that knew the secret and he's the 1 that gave it to us.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:32 pm 
This is my first time on this particular board, so I hope this is right. I run in the 4 cyl. class at the Grove. Most drivers in this class use another board also.

http://fourcylinderfan.proboards21.com/

Some guys run a 2.14 second gear tranny with 2.73 rears. The cars are stock appearing, but as previously posted, they are anything but stock. Last year we were invited to Bug Day but run with the V-8 Street Stock Class. I was consistantly passing several of the cars in that class, but for the most part they are slightly faster due to larger tires. The 4 cyl. class has been a tight group for going on the second year. The guys WILL help you just ask.

The cars run on 13x8 Inch wheels with racing tires. Goodyear, Hoosier and McCreary are common distributors. Common engine builders are House, Bard, and Hershey. The rules as we understand are 500 cfm Holley, car must weight the same number of lbs as the engine displacement is in CCs. (2300cc car must weigh 2300 lbs) Stock chassis w/ racing suspension upgrades, No aluminum heads (Except Dodge 2.6) and No roller heads. But these rules are not posted.

The racing is fast and CLEAN! This class is commited to working with the track to secure a perminate home on Saturday Nights.

I just want to thank the Grove for the opportunity to run at their historic track. The win I got last year will be one I will never forget!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:07 am 
slider who is this driver?

AND CHERRY IN MY PIC AT THE BOTTOM IS OUR 4 CYLINDER THAT WE RACE

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:21 pm 
Just another example

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:46 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Bigzie...I thought you would have figured that out by the number behind my name.Afterall you do sponser us.LOL.Did you see our car since it was lettered.Car looks great.If your looking for that gear combo I think Dustin already told you last year when we brought the street stock down for paint.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:56 pm 
HELL I DIDNT EVEN THINK ABOUT THAT AND NO I DIDNT EVEN SEE THE CAR AFTER IT WAS PAINTED IM SURE I WILL SEE IT SOONER OR LATER I THINK THE SPRINT CAR THREW ME OFF

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:51 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Bigzie...How do you paste the pictures like you did on your profile.I have pictures on my computer that I took before we loaded up for Lincoln.But I'm not very good on computers.LOL