Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:39 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
 Post subject: Re: Port 6/17/08
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:53 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

I don't think he would have punted him. The Outlaws are more politicly correct.... It probably would have been a feild goal. :laughing7:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:57 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

racingmidget wrote:
The provisional Port Royal put in the show was bull, nothing against Zembower. He is 5th in points and there were 3 other cars ahead of him in points that were not offered a provisional. Port made a bad decision on this one and made alot of other drivers very upset with that choice.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Zembower was the 1st Port regular that didn't qualify for the feature in the B-Main results. Had Tim Wilson passed the 49, then Wilson would've been Port's provisional....At least thats what I was thinking.

I'm a sprint car guy, so I don't how these LM only shows work. The only thing I know from last night is that its very hard for a track to hold up when there is 99 LM's in the pits, and as I said 2 pages ago, the 358's shouldn't have been there. But when the track is 10 minutes from my house, I'm going to go see racing on a Tuesday night!

Lincoln - 3
Selinsgrove - 2
Eldora - 1
Path Valley - 1
Grandview - 1

"If it don't have a wing, it don't mean a thing!"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:00 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

Each of the last two years this was the worst late model race of year. When you start all races heads up by time trials you will have follow leader races most of the time. As for how the show was run keep in mind when you have a sanctioned race they run the show not the regular track personel.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:32 pm 
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

The only exciting part of the race was when Smith just about ruined his night and hit I believe it was Danny Johnson while he was trying to lap him late in the race. That could have ended up bad.

Williamsgrove - 15
Port Royal - 8
Path Valley - 1
Hagerstown - 1
McKean County - 1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:45 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

longtimefan wrote:
When you start all races heads up by time trials you will have follow leader races most of the time. As for how the show was run keep in mind when you have a sanctioned race they run the show not the regular track personel.

The Wizzard wrote:
You would be correct on both accounts...

psn tag: thefurb1593

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:24 pm 
to correct you fast freddy, tim gray was the first port non qualifier.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:49 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

buster wrote:
to correct you fast freddy, tim gray was the first port non qualifier.

Hmmm...well then I'm confused. I thought I knew why Zembower got the provisional....but now, not so much! :weee:

Lincoln - 3
Selinsgrove - 2
Eldora - 1
Path Valley - 1
Grandview - 1

"If it don't have a wing, it don't mean a thing!"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:59 pm 
did some looking, fastest port reg= kerstetter, high point guy not in =mitch hack, and as befor, gray ahead of him in b main. all the races iv'e been to for time trial shows put in the fastest non qualifier, meaning kerstetter should have been in? this blunder just goes with the intelligence that TRIES to run the track.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:07 pm 
I can tell you Honest to God I was at Port checking out the track at 2:00 pm Tuesday and as usual, just like last year nothing was touched, I am not sure they even prepared it for last Sat. night. I was not there Sat. so I don`t know what it looked like, but HTG it was never touched before the time to go Racin last night. This is 2 years in a row it`s been like that. Only because Port doesn`t want to have a good late model show. .I wonder why the outlaws agree to come back. I can only hope the track looks the same for these up and coming sprint shows. . Port doesn`t need to fire the track crew, What they need to do is get one .!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can`t fire what you never hired!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can tell you that when I was there checking out the track conditions that the speedway office was full,what they were doing Who knows not getting the track ready for sure.

I truely believe that if Selinsgrove didn`t have a tire rule they could double their car count.American Racers were the tire choice last night. But then maybe Selinsgrove doesnt need more cars.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:14 pm 
So how was this any difernt then any other boring World of Outlaws races. Sprints or Late Models??

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:09 pm 
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Just for the record 55 lates and 46 (358) lates totals 101 cars by my math!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:25 pm 
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

Here's my two cents on last night.....

Where to start? I know, THANKS to the wreckers that showed up, I believe there were only two or three there. They had to have left the track with empty gas tanks and tired bodies.

I'm a sprint car fan, late models have been filler at the tracks between the sprint cars for me for years now but I've got to say, fifty five of them, a great turn out! Both the LM and LLM classes look healthy.

As already written before this post, 101 cars, time trials for 55 of them, not much they could have done without totally tearing the track up and re-doing it after qualifying (ever been to Haubstadt, IN?). At least the wind kept the dust out of the grandstand where I was at.

We left at 11:30 when they piled twelve up between one and two on the second start. With an early morning and a 1-1/2 hour drive home it was time to go home.

Typical Outlaw race, sprint cars or late models, those guys can qualify. They time good, qualify in their heat and then draw for the first eight spots - race over. You could see it in their reactions when they were drawing pills for the start, if they drew anything lower than a four they looked upset, like they were starting in the last row.

I didn't see much difference from last years WoO race. The track was the same, no passing, and from what I read we didn't miss much by leaving.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:42 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

chubfan wrote:
I wonder why the outlaws agree to come back. I can only hope the track looks the same for these up and coming sprint shows.

Why wouldn't they? They're great time trialers, so they will start up front on a rubbered up racetrack. Sounds like a good deal to them!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:56 pm 
Legend
Legend

The reason for the 358's was to add a support division . Pro stocks are now a losing $$$$ class so Port added 358's . They were NOT expecting 55 LM's . If it happens again , the 358's won't be added I'm sure. It was actually a pleasant surprise that turned out bad. I'm sure glad I didn't go though . :laughing7: I was at the track Sunday afternoon , and they were grading and packing it down then , but I agree , it needs dug up again .

They sure do a reMARKable job with the track though . :cwm4:

I don't beleive it that there were stones in the surface . Many on here say there are no stones. :cwm4: :cwm4: :cwm4:

2014 races : 46

Port Royal 19
Williams Grove 19
Lincoln. 4
Trailway 1
Path Valley 1
Grandveiw 1
Hagerstown 1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:29 pm 
There may be some stones but their is in all dirt tracks! How many flat tires did the stones cause last night?? So the stones in the track made this a bad race last night???? Sorry stones or no stones that many cars and that many laps will dry the track out. Thats a World of Outlaws race. Everyone ******* about the outlaws at the Grove being a shitty race. The outlaw officials like a dry track and they make sure that it is that way. Everyone that knows anything about racing knows that the outlaws sprints or late models run on a dry track!!! I doubt Williams Grove would have been a better show last night if they were there instead of Port. After all the outlaw sprint shows at the Grove are the same way. Lincoln would not have been a better track last night either. Thats right we will never know that cause they don't schedule the world of outlaw sprints or late models. :dontknow: Maybe thats cause they know the World of Outlaws are not worth it. Reason1: WoO is over priced and over rated! Reason 2: They have to have a dry track! Reason 3: They make their own rules at our tracks!?! Reason 4: You guys are stupid enough to keep paying big dollars to watch their shows. When you know it don't even compare to a regular show in PA at any of our tracks. JMO :bananadance:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next