Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:24 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:23 pm 
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Management had a tough decision to make but your raincheck is not good for saturday! If the show would have been cancelled, race teams would have wasted all their fuel and tires for nothing! So over the next two shows (july 12th and 26th) fans will get a ton of extra racing for their buck! Starting this saturday you will get to see the conclusion of the super sportsman and street stocks from last time, and then a complete new 4 division show! Then on the 26th you will get to see the conclusion of the late models and 4 cyl's from last time plus a complete new 4 division show!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:55 pm 
If all the qualifying hadn't been completed then what is there to be discussed. Why not just honor the rain checks and still have the additional racing. Seems to make everyone happy that way. JMO :thinking:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:35 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

ummmm where's the money going to come from to pay for the second race?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:40 pm 
Legend
Legend

trust me i understand the whole being broke issue. but if you pay to get in again this week, you will see both races that you paid for. you are not loosing any $$$. tha's just how i always look at it any how. :dontknow:

2014 race count

Williams Grove-6
Lincoln- 21
Trail Way -15
Port - 1

40 races in 2013
50 races in 2012.
56 races in 2011.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm 
Legend
Legend

The thing about this that pisses me off is that tracks pretty much just make this stuff up as they go. One time its a rainout and rain checks are good, the next its not and you have to pay to see the race the following week(s). If qualifying isn't complete, sorry, rainchecks should be valid. Just be consistent with it. Besides, there is nothing I hate more than going to a race and the first thing I get to watch is a consi.

Pretty soon, fans will just stop going if they think they may get screwed by the weather. Then what will they pay the purse with?

BMOTB, You should say,"Fans who didn't go last week will get more for their buck."

420, This week, you only see 1/2 of the race you paid for last week, then you gotta go again two weeks later for the rest.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:32 pm 
Legend
Legend

i understand what you are saying, but if you go every week you will see everything eventually.

2014 race count

Williams Grove-6
Lincoln- 21
Trail Way -15
Port - 1

40 races in 2013
50 races in 2012.
56 races in 2011.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:35 pm 
420 wrote:
i understand what you are saying, but if you go every week you will see everything eventually.

Literally :laughing7:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:01 pm 
Legend
Legend

to elaborate on lefty's post, heres one for ya.....see if you can guess which race this was....
start 20th in the b main...taking 8.
run it up to 9th and on the outside of the 8th place car and it starts to rain :ahhh:
sit in the pits for a while till its obvious that it is rained out....cause they never announced it.....
a) did the b main count? dunno
b) is there a rain date? dunno
c) any refunds? no
d) any new info? no
e) rain check policy? dunno
on behalf of ___ ______ and _________ speedway...thanks for comin' and we'll see you again next year..... :roflmao:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:05 pm 
Legend
Legend

that wouldn't have been susky would it C4? :thinking:

2014 race count

Williams Grove-6
Lincoln- 21
Trail Way -15
Port - 1

40 races in 2013
50 races in 2012.
56 races in 2011.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:21 pm 
Legend
Legend

no. todd has always been good to us about make up races, ect.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:27 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

The rainchecks do say that 50% of the show has to be completed. IMO, 50% wasnt completed. There was 28 late models there, and there wasnt supposed to be a consi? were they actually going to run all 28 cars?

completed..
3 late model heats
3 sportsman heats
1 street stock heat

not completed..
1 street stock heat
2 sportsman consi
1 sportsman feature
1 late model feature
1 street stock feature
1 4 cylinder feature

which means that if they ran that extra late model consi, the show should not have been counted, and rain checks should be honored. To me its not a big deal, but its the principle, the fans should get what they paid for.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:36 pm 
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Back to the grove rainout situation, management was in a very tough spot when the rains came, they had to think outside the box and try to come up with an answer to make everyone happy! If the called the show, then the fans would have a raincheck for next time, however the racers that ran hot laps, completed a heat race would be stuck with a hefty bill and get nothing for their efforts! Racing fuel was used at how much per gallon? Tires were worn, fuel in the big rigs, and car wash fees really cost a race team per night. If the race teams can't afford to get to the track then there will be no show to present to the fans, so by counting the show race teams will not lose an event and will be able to get paid for what they have already raced, then they get to put on another show on the same night. The race fans will get to see the completion of the rained out show for two divisions, and a complete new show for the same regular price. I think it is a fair decision for todays economy.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:36 pm 
Legend
Legend

T Leonard wrote:
The rainchecks do say that 50% of the show has to be completed. IMO, 50% wasnt completed. There was 28 late models there, and there wasnt supposed to be a consi? were they actually going to run all 28 cars?

completed..
3 late model heats
3 sportsman heats
1 street stock heat

not completed..
1 street stock heat
2 sportsman consi
1 sportsman feature
1 late model feature
1 street stock feature
1 4 cylinder feature

which means that if they ran that extra late model consi, the show should not have been counted, and rain checks should be honored. To me its not a big deal, but its the principle, the fans should get what they paid for.

Features alone count for 50% IMO. If there is anything more than features left, rainchecks should be good.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:22 pm 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Would that be:

on behalf of Bob Miller and Grandview speedway...thanks for comin' and we'll see you again next year.....

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:46 pm 
so I take it that if you even get hot laps in that this will be the same policy?
-tires were worn
-cars are dirty
-fuel was burned
-pit passes were bought
-rigs were driven

Sounds like the same thing to me??

If I was a fan who paid to see a full night of racing and was told to pay again to see the other 75% I'm pretty sure I'd find another track to attend. That's the great part about central PA. Lots of choices!!