Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:52 am 
[size=150]SINCE THEIR SUN. JULY 20 SHOW FELL TO RAIN THE 358/LIMITED LATE MODELS WILL BE BACK AT THE BIG DIAMOND RACEWAY THIS FRI. NIGHT JULY 25 AT 7:15PM. THE RAINED OUT PROGRAM WAS SPONSORED BY BRINCKMAN COINS OF SOUDERTON, PA., WINK MOTORSPORTS AND NAPA AUTO STORES OF MAHANOY CITY, POTTSVILLE, MINERSVILLE AND SCHUYLKILL HAVENAND IT WILL CARRY OVER INTO THIS FRIDAY'S PROGRAM WHICH WILL BE BROUGHT TO YOU BY KEN'S TIRE OF CRESSONA, FRACKVILLE AND POTTSVILLE. SINCE THE LATE MODEL HEATS WERE NOT RUN ALL 358/LIMITED LATE MODEL TEAMS ARE WELCOME AND WILL RACE FOR A $5000 PURSE, $100 TO START, $800 TO WIN PLUS HEAT WINNER MONEY. THE FRI. 7/25 SHOW WILL BE AT IT'S REGULAR FRONT GATE ADMISSION PRICE OF $12 WHICH MEANS IF YOU HAVE A $8 RAIN CHECK FROM SUNDAY'S SHOW JUST TURN IT IN AND PAY THE EXTRA $4 ADMISSION. ALL $25 SUNDAY PIT PASSES WILL BE HONORED AT NO ADDITIONAL COST BUT FOR THOSE CHOSING NOT TO USE THEIR SUN. TICKETS OR PASSES, THEY MAY BE USED FOR ANY BIG DIAMOND EVENT UP TO AND INCLUDING THE AUG. 22 SHOW. ALSO ON TAP FOR FRIDAY'S JULY 25TH KEN'S TIRE SPONSORED SHOW WILL BE THE REMAINING ROADRUNNER FEATURE FROM SUNDAY'S RAINOUT AS WELL AS THE REMAINING QUAILIFIERS AND FEATURE RACE FOR THE SPORTSMAN MODIFIEDS. BDR'S HEADLINE DIVISION OF 358 MODIFIEDS WILL ALSO BE IN ACTION AS WELL AS AN APPEARANCE OF "BIG FOOT" THE MONSTER TRUCK COURTESY OF BRIDGESTONE AND FIRESTONE TIRES AND BOBBY GERHART JR. AND HIS DAYTONA WINNING ARCA/REMAX SERIES #5. SEVERAL TICKETS FOR THE AUG. 2 ARCA/REMAX RACE AT THE POCONO INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY WILL BE GIVEN AWAY AS WELL AS PROGRAM BOOK PRIZES, SHEETZ GAS CARDS, FRONT GATE GIVE-A-WAYS FOR THE KIDS AND ADULTS AND SOME OTHER FUN AND GAMES. THROW IN THE FACT THAT BDR HAS SOME OF THE BEST AND MOST REASONABLY PRICED TRACK FOOD ANYWHERE AND IT SHOULD MAKE FOR ANOTHER FUN FILLED NIGHT AT THE RACES AT BIG DIAMOND. CHILDREN 10 AND UNDER WILL BE ADMITTED FOR FREE, ADULT ADMISSION IS THE REGULAR $12 AND THERE IS A MILITARY AND SENIOR CITIZEN DISCOUNT. TRACK CONTACT NUMBERS ARE: 570-544-1410 OR 570-527-1802.
PS - FOR LATE MODEL TEAMS, THE TRACK WILL RUN YOU WARM UPS LAST TO GIVE YOU ENOUGH TIME TO MAKE IT TO THE SPEEDWAY. IF YOU ARE THERE AROUND 7PM YOU SHOULD BE OK.size]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:45 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

So are they going to have a redraw for the cars that didnt come up on sunday?

psn tag: thefurb1593

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:47 pm 
THEY WILL FILL IN AT THE BACK OF EACH HEAT RACE. WE HAD 26 CARS AND DECIDED THAT ALL WOULD QUALIFY AND GET PAID AT LEAST $100

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:56 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

How will they decide on the starting line up for the feature heads up?

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:35 am 
[size=150]I THINK THAT THE FEATURE LINE-UP WILL BE DETERMINED BY A HEAT RACE FINISH POSITION HANDICAP. FOR EXAMPLE IF WE HAVE THREE HEATS AND ALL OF THE CARS QUALIFY THEY "MAY" TAKE THE TOP FOUR FINISHERS OUT OF EACH HEAT (12 CARS) AND THOSE DRIVERS WILL DRAW FOR THE FIRST 12 STARTING SPOTS IN THE FEATURE AND THE REST WILL FALL IN ACCORDINGLY. SINCE THE 358/LIMITED LATE MODELS ARE NOT A REGULAR DIVISION AT BIG DIAMOND THEY FEEL THAT THIS MAY BE THE FAIREST WAY TO LINE-UP THE FEATURE/size]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:21 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

Fairness :poking: Then why wouldn't they just redraw for all the cars (the ones that were there and the new cars that couldn't make it on sunday.) that come to the track tonight since they didn't run any heat races or anything. That would make more sense to do that wouldn't it?

Should be a good show been 10 years since I've seen a modified show and latemodel show p there :pinkelephant:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:14 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

it was gonna rain on sunday regardless, why waste all the fuel to drive up there and not race

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:00 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

It should be a complete wash out! Hot laps does nothing to set the field for the main. Why should it do anything for the qualifiers then. Re-draw everyone.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:14 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

apparentally I'm just a tool :doh: With myself going to about 150+ races per year. I've seen one track try and say that there not going to redraw after we got rained out and decided the line up was going to stay and any new cars that came in would have to start at the rear of the heat races you know what the next day 25 more cars showed up and guess what everybody redrawed. That just makes racers not come to this race knowing that they have to start in the back.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:12 am 
Crew Member
Crew Member

:ahhh: Wow what can I say about the racing at big diamond tonight.
First of all they hit me for 35 dollars to get in the pits. I couldn't believe it thats nuts. I paid $35 to get in for the USAC show and $35 for the WOOLMS show but for a regular show you have to be kidding me maybe $25 at max. Second of all the fairness you might as well throw out the window. :poking: 25 laps and they had about 30+ under yellow and when the 2nd place car went across the scales he was 15lbs light 2335. When the 4th place car went acrossed he made weight(2350+) the 3rd place guy made weight also but when the winner went acrossed he was 10 lbs light(2340) and they left him go but nailed all the other guys that were light to me that doesn't sound fair at all am I right? :thumbright: :thumbleft: :handoverhead: I mean if you dq this guy because he broke the rules do it for everyone else that does to! I guess they didn't know that cars lose weight as they burn fuel. :doh: The funny thing is I was planning on making that my new friday night track. Now I'd rather go to the pink hair palace or somewhere else on friday nights because I'll never go back to Big Diamond ever again. I spoke my peace and now I'm done but what a joke! :cwm4: :cwm4:

Last edited by Ted on Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:48 am 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

With all of "SCREAMING" promotion in the wrong forums, how many cars did they have Jeffy?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:01 am 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Thanks... :thumbright:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:45 am 
Pit Member
Pit Member

I don't know cause I was not there nor do I know the rules they were following if they were following any. Maybe they were allowing a burn off percentage? Wow $35 for the pits is way out of line!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:19 am 
Crew Member
Crew Member

NINETeam wrote:
The rule was 2350. I was told that Brian was weighed twice and both times it weighed exactly 2350.

You were told incorrectly and they only weighed him once and it was 2340. I stood there and watched as they crossed the scales because of the reason of runing 40+ laps under yellow

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:13 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

i dont know what the rules are at big diamond, but the grove gives 25 lbs. after any event.