#3 Tim Wilson flip at Port Royal

Discuss Miscellaneous Fendered Car Racing
U1LAYTONFan
Rookie
Rookie

#3 Tim Wilson flip at Port Royal

Post by U1LAYTONFan » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:36 am

That was one of the wildest looking flips,rollovers that I have ever seen a late model take.It was in a heat race on the last lap and took place coming out of turn four heading down the frontstretch.I was very happy to see him get out of what was left of his car and with some help walk to the ambulance. Did anyone get any video of it?

paposse_gettin_it_done
Crew Member
Crew Member

Re: #3 Tim Wilson flip at Port Royal

Post by paposse_gettin_it_done » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:33 pm

That was a terrifying wreck. Thank goodness seems he will be ok. I heard his helmet was cracked pretty bad. In deed a very scary time.
There's nothing in the world as demoralizing as money.

bobrepair34
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bobrepair34 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:58 pm

Black Sunshine wrote:That was ugly, what was Casner thinking just turning left into him in the middle of the straightaway, then wanting to fight with Wilson's crew?? They made contact coming out of 4 but Wilson lifted and let him straighten out and Casner just drilled him then even though he probably would've beat him.

where were you at another track.. because I was behind them..........I do like tim alot but he was driving way over his head ..

WolfeFan4
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Post by WolfeFan4 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:46 pm

It was a very ugly wreck for sure, i didnt think Wilson would walk away from that one under his own power! I was very happy to see him climb out to the car and walk to the ambulance with some help!!!

Has anyone heard or got an update on how Tim is doing????

paposse_gettin_it_done
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by paposse_gettin_it_done » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:48 pm

Those antics were soooooo uncalled for during that horrible incident. It was a serious situation and who ever "they" were was acting VERY inappropriately. "They" should actually be ashamed of their actions and words. Disgusting!
There's nothing in the world as demoralizing as money.

U1LAYTONFan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by U1LAYTONFan » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:16 pm

Totally agree with you.Pretty amazing site on the front stretch.Debris scattered everywhere, only the lead car actually crossed the finish line. At first you could have probably heard a pin drop as the entire front stretch went silent. The first track official on the scene looked into Tim's car and started to wave frantically for the emergency crew to get to the car.While Tim was still in the car and the emergency crew was working to get him out, Crasner had to be held back several times from going after someone.People yelling "f-ck you "to each other ,finger pointing,Crasner being held back several times, emergency crew around the 3 car, definitly something I hope we don't see happen again.Great work by the emergency crew getting Tim out and into the ambulance :clap: and also great job by the security folks and track workers in keeping things from turning into a nasty brawl. :thumbleft: There was one person in the middle of things with a security shirt on that had a clean shaven head and was a BIG dude.Didn't seem to be anybody that wanted to mess with him :)

dry and slick
Rookie
Rookie

Post by dry and slick » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:48 pm

Unfortunate situation that took place,glad Tim is going to be ok.I was supprised after the feature's last caution somebody actually had the _alls to make a call for an aggressive incident.I can't remember the last time that's happened(a call).I don't think the 33 tried to fence the 19 but I feel you have to be responsible for your actions.If it's your fault,be prepared to get called on it.Anxious to see if any actions are taken on the 41.You can't fight anymore without getting a fine, suspension or both. So we'll see if it's ok to destroy somebody's equipment,jepordize their health, then get away with it.Might open an ugly can of worms.In that case one (or two) may want to consider going on down rt. 35.

bigbrad115
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bigbrad115 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:41 pm

If anybody was driving over their head, it was Cassner. For two or three laps before making contact with Wilson, coming out of turn four, he had the rear of his car hanging out(loose race car), almost to the verge of loosing control. He was doing the same thing when Wilson tried to pass him. Wilson's momentum caused him to get into Cassner. But he felt that he needed to retaliate and turn into Wilson. Result, one hurt driver and one destroyed late model. And hopefully a suspension for Cassner.
As for the Haus incident, I feel that was the result of hard racing. Not an attempt to take Beward out. I don't feel that Haus should of been sent to the rear. BTW, I'm not a Haus fan or a Beward fan. Although I would of liked to have seen Beward get the win. Always refreshing to see a new face in Victory Lane.

bobh_17044
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bobh_17044 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:01 pm

the big guy you are talking about his name is big dave glad to here that tim is ok ..from were we were setting in the stands it look like haus was going to drive right into the side of bewards car for a few laps .... some tracks would have put beward back up front and put haus to the rear like they did.... it was a good night of racing beside the accident and the rain

psu 12
Rookie
Rookie

Post by psu 12 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:20 am

The comment about going down Rt. 35? What is that supposed to mean? :thinking:

Speedwrapz
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Speedwrapz » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:09 pm

maybe dry and slick meant 75. hagerstown??? :dontknow:

Brent Leach
Legend
Legend

Post by Brent Leach » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:45 pm

"down" North? :thinking: , although we do say "up" 75 when we are headed to Path Valley / Hagerstown from Port Royal. :thinking: :dontknow:
Tilton Hilton
2 Speedway Drive
Mechanicsburg , PA 17055

2015 races : 37

Port Royal 12
Williams Grove 14
Lincoln. 5
Path Valley 2
Hagerstown 1
Selinsgrove 2.
Susquehanna 1

buster