Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:37 am 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

August 9, 2012

Tanner Kerr Racing Turns Night Around and Wins Second Career Feature in Front of Hometown Family & Friends…

Back on may 5th, Tanner Kerr parked his self-owned, Sabine Heating & Air Conditioning/Schaeffer Oil sponsored, Rocket in victory lane for the very first time in late model competition. That win was both satisfying and emotionally draining for the 20 year old late model upstart. Tears flowed, while standing in victory lane, celebrating a career first and dedicating the win to his father, who had passed away in an accident a couple years earlier. That Saturday at Winchester Speedway is a night that those in attendance will not easily forget. Fast forward almost 3 months to the day and Tanner proved to everyone, especially himself that he’s a force to reckon with at the Virginia Speedway. Once again, Tanner held off the best in the division and found himself in victory lane surrounded by family & friends.

The night started off pretty poorly for the TKR team. At the start of the heat race, Tanner got turned around, with the 41* coming to rest, up against the outside concrete retaining wall facing the wrong direction. Heavy damage could be seen on the spoiler and rear deck area of the car. That little incident only made the driver more focused and with having to restart in the 10th position, Kerr got up on the wheel and marched through the field to get a hard earned 4th place finish. The crew went right to work repairing the heat race damage and by feature time everything was ready to go. When the green flag waved Tanner raced pole sitter Andy Anderson to turn one and took the lead from his 2nd starting position and never looked back holding off J.T. Spence, point leader Brad Ritter & Tyler Hershey to claim career Late Model win number 2.

“I just can’t believe it” said Kerr from the Forty-One Star, Inc. shop Monday evening. “Racing with, let alone beating Andy (Anderson) & J.T. (Spence) is a dream come true. Once again my Dad was right there with me. This win is for Mom, Amanda and my family. They never stop believing in me, even when I doubt myself a little. I have the best crew around; we have been good lately, but not great. There is no quit though, we worked really hard on adjusting the set-up and this week the car was awesome. Maybe all it took to get the car right was to back into a concrete wall early in the night” added Tanner with a laugh.

The updated Winchester Speedway points find Tanner and the TKR Team sitting 3rd with a few races remaining. This Saturday finds Tanner back at Winchester Speedway for the Tony Armel Memorial, which pays $2500 to the winner of the 40 lap feature. Fans will notice a slightly different look to the 41* as Tanner will be running orange on his rear spoiler in honor of Tony.

Look for all new, Speedwrapz produced, Tanner Kerr Racing Apparel to be available in the next week. Stop by the trailer to pick yours up.

Tanner Kerr Racing would like to thank all the team’s sponsors:
Sabine Heating & Air Conditioning, Penske Racing Shocks by JDS, Schaeffer Racing Oil, Shearer Custom Speed, Leggett Engine Research, Boyce Racing Supplies, Speedwrapz, WRT Speedwerx, HTMA & K.R.S. Motorsports Media.

Upcoming Races:
August 11th – Winchester Speedway
August 18th – TBA
August 25th – TBA
September 1st – Winchester Speedway

Prepared & distributed by KRS Graphics Motorsports Media