Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:27 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Anyone know what car count might be expected, or who might come for the limited late model 358 race on the 1st of september?
Supposedly the rules will be identical to the steel block bandits rule book.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:48 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

The #21 that won at Hagerstown last week will be there if weather is ok , prolly be a full field

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:55 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Anyone know the payout for the limited race?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:16 pm 
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

i'll see if i can find out

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:47 pm 
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

not a full payout but

20 laps, $1,000 to win, $100 to start

saturday pro stocks is $500 to win

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:04 pm 
Racer
Racer

At $35 for a pit pass and a grand to win, I think I would take a pass if I we're running a 358.

A little math shows that they're should be making a mint on this deal. JMO

Susquehanna Speedway Park pictures are available for purchase at http://luckyshotphotography.net/
All other race photos on zepprox personal site- http://zepplinrox.smugmug.com

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:02 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

The purse for Sunday nite Supers is over $39,000! The Outlaw sanction fee.. Plus track Insurance, pay the help, pay track prep, yes they pay for the water, utilities...oh yea , Charlie has to pay a yearly lease... Plus the limited purse. Some people just don't know what all it takes. Last year Charlie lost $ on the special 360 sprint shows, so Iam just glad we get this chance for the late models. Sit back and ENJOY.. ENJOY..

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:39 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

zepplinrox wrote:
At $35 for a pit pass and a grand to win, I think I would take a pass if I we're running a 358.

A little math shows that they're should be making a mint on this deal. JMO

Did you forget the 358 LM aren't the headlining division? It IS a World of Outlaw race...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:23 pm 
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

:cwm4: Charlie lost money on the 360/358 Open? Thats hilarious place was packed not to mention Scandel pays part of th purse. Oh yeah just so u know Charlie didnt pay that whole Outlaw sanction fee either.

Williamsgrove - 15
Port Royal - 3
Path Valley - 1
Hagerstown - 1
McKean County - 1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:41 pm 
Racer
Racer

Show me a promoter that said he ever made a profit!... don't worry I'll wait!

Let's see... I hope these are conserative estmates for crowd...Friday night if you get 2700 fans at $30 a head that's 81 grand..Saturday you get 4000 fans at $32 ahead that 128 grand and you haven't even started count pit gate. Say 400 for Friday at $35 a head that's another 14 grand and Saturday night gets another 500 at $35 a head that's $17 grand. (I know I see a ton of fans who fork out the extra cash to go into the pits at WoO show.)

GRAND TOTAL $208,000

Total purse $75,000 for supers + $25,000 sanction fee still leaves more than $100k.

Opps, I missed the title sponsor for the feature too....cha-ching.

I'm all for a guy making a profit and I hope he gets even a bigger crowd. But if I were a 358 LLM team paying $35 bucks a head I would like at least enough to cover a tire if I start the feature. JMO

Susquehanna Speedway Park pictures are available for purchase at http://luckyshotphotography.net/

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:06 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

If memory serves me right, I believe there was 4 or 5 of those special 360 shows last year. None had a full feild and not many fans in the stands, except the finally. But, the full purse was paid in each show. So those few GOOD nites help those night that are not SO good. ALSO, PENN township gets 10% of gate sales, that is $3-$3.50 each ticket to the township. If you all think it is that easy to run a track, we should have about 500 more track to choose from each week.

Last edited by racer5 on Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:14 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

It cost around $10,000 or more to run a show once that first car hits the track.
And that's not including any sanction fees.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:13 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Hey Zepp, For each photo you sell how much $ does the car owner get from you? The owner is the one who puts out the $ so the car can get to the track so you can take the picture so you can MAKE $$. I know a top 410 car owner that puts reflective #'s on his car so photographers can't make money off of him.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:45 pm 
Racer
Racer

bleachercreature wrote:
Hey Zepp, For each photo you sell how much $ does the car owner get from you? The owner is the one who puts out the $ so the car can get to the track so you can take the picture so you can MAKE $$. I know a top 410 car owner that puts reflective #'s on his car so photographers can't make money off of him.

If you or anyone else is delusional enough to think that the photographers are rolling in $$$$$$$, boy you haven't got a clue.

A lot of us have full time jobs (or are retired from full time employment) that help subsidize the cost of $2400 lenses, $2000 cameras and $500 flashes and this is the low end of the price range. You aren't going to shoot in these conditions with a D3000 or a Digital Rebel with a kit lens and a popup flash you got from some simpleton at Best Buy. Gee I have to sell 6500 $1- 4x6s to break even on gear cost alone. I only sell work from SSP- everything else is shot on my dime.

Until last year, I PAID for ALL my pit passes...in 2011 it about 55 races. In 2012, even after shooting at SSP, I paid for another 27 or so pit passes. It takes a lot of time to edit 350 shots per night and get them posted to the internet. And let's not bother to with the "Its on the net it must be OK to ignore their copyright!" carp too.

I do it cause I can enjoy two of my favorite hobbies at the same time.

You want to get rich by working as racing photographer- have at it my friend :camera:. Hell, I even carry the bag for you!

And since there is only one "top" 410 that pulls the 'I'm oh so clever' reflective numbers/stickers shtick, it ain't hard to figure it out... You can afford $46,000 dollar engines but you want bitc# and complain cause some sold a $1- 4 x 6 and made 75 cents PROFIT. WOW :handoverhead:

What do the tracks? We supply all there imaging needs for FREE, coverage for AARN for FREE, internet publicity for FREE. My work goes on two separate websites (one for SSP sales and one for everything else)...from March 1 till now- total hits from those two sites over one million. What do the teams get? A place to race.... Remember Reading, Silver Spring et al....

If it cost $10k to put on a show, it would be an unsustainable business model. SSP and the SNS at Williams Grove would be out of business.

If there wasn't a full field of cars, then there wasn't a full purse paid either. Wasn't there sponsors for the challenge races too?

WoO Sprints don't need a support division why does the WoO Late Models? I was just making the point that the guys on the undercard could use a little more love too.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:11 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

zepplinrox wrote:
Show me a promoter that said he ever made a profit!... don't worry I'll wait!

Let's see... I hope these are conserative estmates for crowd...Friday night if you get 2700 fans at $30 a head that's 81 grand..Saturday you get 4000 fans at $32 ahead that 128 grand and you haven't even started count pit gate. Say 400 for Friday at $35 a head that's another 14 grand and Saturday night gets another 500 at $35 a head that's $17 grand. (I know I see a ton of fans who fork out the extra cash to go into the pits at WoO show.)

GRAND TOTAL $208,000

Total purse $75,000 for supers + $25,000 sanction fee still leaves more than $100k.

Opps, I missed the title sponsor for the feature too....cha-ching.

I'm all for a guy making a profit and I hope he gets even a bigger crowd. But if I were a 358 LLM team paying $35 bucks a head I would like at least enough to cover a tire if I start the feature. JMO

I think your fan estimates are more than a little high. Selinsgrove holds what 5000 max and that's if people are sitting shoulder to shoulder. A crowd of half that spread out in normal spacing would look packed. I don't know how this purse compares to what the 358's normally race for but I guess if they want to race for more money, they need to get a bigger motor. :dontknow: