Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:38 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:03 pm 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

For Immediate Release:
October 22, 2013

Tanner Kerr Racing to make final 2013 start this weekend at Winchester. Already preparing for 2014…

When the Mid-Atlantic calendar rolls over to the fall months, it brings along a chill in the air and turns the leaves to gorgeous vibrant colors, signifying the start of what is a beautiful season in the area. For drivers, crew members and fans alike, it also signals the end of a long racing season. Some are relieved, knowing it gives them time to catch their breath and spend some much needed time in the shop re-building and re-stocking. Others are disappointed the season has reached its final destination. Winchester, Virginia’s Tanner Kerr falls into the second category. 2013 has been Tanner’s freshman year in a full blown Super Late Model and after getting a late start, he is just getting comfortable to the more powerful full bodied cars and to say he is disappointed that the season is ending is an understatement.

“The year has had its ups and downs but I am not ready to stop racing yet” said Tanner Kerr when reached at the TKR Shop Monday night. “We got a late start getting the new equipment ready then jumped in the fire with both feet. You’d think going from a limited car to a super would be an easy transition but it’s not. We had to figure out different set-ups and I had to adjust my driving style a little to make sure I could get the larger power from the car on to the race track. At times the car has been really good and we have some decent finishes to show for it. We just lacked a little in the consistency department and that is a big area we will work on over the winter months” added Kerr.

“We are already making preparations for 2014. It will be a busy off season” stated Kerr. “We are working on proposals with some great companies to get that added help to put us over the top. I have some great sponsors on the car right now with the majority of them being product help. I could not be in a Super Late Model, let alone a race car without their generous support but we are always looking for more. It is so expensive to race now days and I feel I can offer a lot to a company in return. We offer sponsor packages for everyone’s budget so please do not be afraid to come up and say hello. My family and sponsors stand by me whether I run top 5 or I don’t make the show and for that I am so grateful. We will come out of the box prepared and ready to contend week in and week out in 2014” added Tanner.

The team will end their season close to home this coming weekend as they will enter Winchester Speedway’s first ever Gunter’s Honey Fall Classic. The two day show will include a feature event both Friday and Saturday night paying $3,000 and $5,000 to win respectively. Come out and cheer on the team as tanner straps in the Sabine Heating & Air/Jim Stutzman Chevrolet & Cadillac Rocket for the last time in 2013.Stop by and say hello and pick up one of the teams custom racing shirt. It would make a great gift for the upcoming Holiday Season.

Tanner Kerr Racing would like to thank all the team’s sponsors for their continued support:
Jim Stutzman Chevrolet/Cadillac, Sabine Heating & Air Conditioning, Coffelt Graphics, TC Race Cars, HTMA, Leggett Engine Research, Schaeffer’s Oil & Lubricants by Alan Bradley, Penske racing Shocks by JDS & KRS Graphics Motorsports Media.

Upcoming Races: Tentative, Subject to change without notice
October 25th – Winchester Speedway
October 26th – Winchester Speedway

Prepared & distributed by KRS Graphics Motorsports Media