Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:26 pm 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

For Immediate Release:
November 4, 2013

Jake Jones Racing visits victory lane twice this year; Preparations under way for 2014.

For Shermans Dale, Pennsylvania 358 late model chauffeur Jake Jones, the season has been over less than a month and he is already chomping at the bit to get back behind the wheel. Driving his self owned, Millers Racing Parts sponsored Lazer Chassis again in 2013, Jake and the team set goals to try to regain the consistency they had a few years ago. Plans had the team running weekly at Williams Grove Speedway with trips to additional speedways when Jake’s busy work schedule allowed.

From night one at “The Grove”, the team served notice that they were going to run upfront week in and week out at the historic Mechanicsburg half mile. After couple second place runs and numerous top 5 finishes, Jake finally parked the Insinger Performance Fuels/HTMA/Blazers Body Shop #43 in victory lane on August 3rd. The victory came during Williams Grove’s annual kid’s night in front of a packed house. The following week, by track rules because of his win, Jake would need to start from the 12th position and once again he did not disappoint as he rallied from deep in the field, only to come up one position short. Although not a win, his 2nd place finish that night earned another trip to the front stretch to accept a special hard charger award. As the season progressed Jake and the team headed to other speedways on off nights and the KRS Graphics/ Terry Hyser’s Hair Salon/Andy Grove Insurance sponsored late model was just as fast. August 31st the team towed to Hill Valley Speedway in Orbisonia, Pennsylvania where Jake made his first ever start at the track labeled “The Baddest Bull Ring in the East”. Having never raced at the Speedway before, the 30 year old adapted quickly and by the end of the night Jake and the team were on the front stretch having victory lane photos taken. In September, the team made starts at both Bedford and Selinsgrove Speedway, while continuing to race for points at Williams Grove with much success. Selinsgrove was a heart breaker as after a heat race win, Jake was out front cruising in the feature when mechanical issues forced the #43 pit side, retiring for the night. When the dust settled and the Williams Grove Season came to a close Jake and the team would finish a hard fought and very satisfying 2nd in the season long point battle.

A late season offer from Ron Coleman put Jake in the potent Colman Racing #72 rocket for races at Susquehanna Speedway Park and Trail Ways Speedway. Having been years since Jake sat behind the wheel of a rocket chassis race car, it did not take long for his crew to get the feel out of the car Jake wanted. In his two starts for the Coleman’s Jake finished 6th and 3rd respectively.

“It was a great season” Said Jake. “I really need to thank all my sponsors, without them I could not do what I love to do, that’s for sure. My crew deserves a lot of the credit. Brian (White), Scott (Lupher), Brandon (Whitsel) and everyone put in a lot of time all year to do what we all love to do. I know I probably need to say thank you more than I do, but those guys along with their families help in more ways that I can even list. As much as they help me on the car, their friendship with me and my family is what means the most. I wish we could race more but owning Millers (Racing Parts) and having to make sure I have a parts trucks stocked and at all the speedways takes priority. Steph, Jax & Dillon put up with me working late nights and racing all the time. I love it when they are by my side at the track or just a quiet evening at home. I hope they realize just how much they mean to me. The one person I sometimes forget to thank is (Jason) Covert. During my whole racing career, Jason has always spent hours on the phone helping me with set-ups or just my driving style at different speedway. This team really is a team effort and I would be a little lost without each and everyone. We had two wins this year but we were so close on a few others. That Selinsgrove race is going to haunt me all winter” added Jones with a laugh.

Time to reflect on a great season has come to a close and the team will now set their sights on spending the upcoming holidays with friends and family and on a busy off-season in the shop as they prepared the Dana Smith Racing Engines/Axel Surgeons of Central PA/Millers Racing Parts equipment for the 2014 season. As of now schedule and how much they are going to race is undecided. If addition sponsorship can be found the team would like to travel more and hit some of the larger paying races. Whatever they do, they will do it as a team and have fun doing it.

You can keep up to date with all the Jake Jones news as the team races prepares for 2014 and beyond at his official home on the web http://www.jakejonesracing.com or you can now find them on Facebook @ Jake Jones Racing.

Jake Jones Racing would like to thank of the team’s sponsors:
Andy Grove Insurance & Financial Service, Axel Surgeons of Central PA, Blazers Body Shop, Dana Smith Racing Engines, HTMA/Hoosier Racing Tires, Insinger Performance Fuels, Jims Garage, K.R.S. Graphics, Lazer Chassis, Millers Racing Parts, Steve’s Studebakers & Terry Hyser’s Hair Salon.

Prepared & distributed by KRS Graphics Motorsports Media