Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:39 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:36 pm 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

For Immediate Release
November 5, 2013

Tyler Bare closes out rookie campaign with 10 feature wins and the 2013 NBS Track Championship.

For a normal 19 year rookie race car driver, his or her inaugural season is usually full of trials and tribulations as they struggle to try to navigate the learning curve that comes with a first year of wrestling high powered equipment around a circle of unforgiving clay & dirt. Rockbridge Baths, Virginia’s Tyler Bare is not your normal rookie. The third generation driver from the beautiful Shenandoah Valley showed the smoothness and car control of a 10 year veteran almost from the moment he rolled onto the speedway in an early March practice day. What transpired over the course of a season is what dreams are made of for all those young people inspiring to be race car drivers. Early on, racing at both Natural Bridge & Eastside Speedway, Tyler started the season with four straight runner-up finishes. Race number five got a little better as in front of family and friends, the younger Bare scored his first career victory at Natural Bridge. Tyler would go on to visit victory lane nine more times during 2013 behind the wheel of the JTB Motorsports owned, Rocket Chassis #30. The most important win for the team came on the next to last race as Tyler won his division’s portion of the big Sunoco Fall Classic weekend at NBS. Picking up win number ten and the $1,000 that went a long with it was great but not near as important as winning the race that was put together as a memorial and tribute to Col. Ken Walters. Col. Waters was the brother of long time Booper Bare crew member and family friend Randy Walters and this race was the one the team wanted to win the most. The team would close out a season that saw Tyler compete at four different speedways, garner ten feature wins and well over a dozen fast times all culminating in the 2013 Natural Bridge Speedway Track Championship.

“This was an awesome year” said Bare. “There are so many people to thank for all their help. First, there would be no way I could do this without my whole family’s support. My dad took a break from his racing to make sure he could be at all my races, giving me the best possible car every night. My mom and my sister are my biggest supporters. To get to share victory lane with all my family including my grandparents will be something I will cherish all my life. Winning the race that honored Randy’s brother meant so much. I grew up with Randy as he was always around racing with dad. I can never remember a time he was not at the house. Randy and his whole family are a lot closer to being family to me then they are just friends. I would have raced The Col. Walters memorial race if it only paid a penny to win. Winning ten races this year was incredible and I know we were doing something right by the amount of times we were taken to the barn to be torn down this year only to be found legal every time” added Tyler with a laugh.

Sponsorship for the red and black Rocket came from a number of different people and companies. Everyone, no matter how big or little played an important role in securing such a great season.

“Every one of these sponsors on this car stepped up and helped make sure I had everything I needed this year” stated Bare. “A couple of the companies that have had long relationships with dad took a chance on me without thinking twice and I am so grateful for each one of them. My dad taught me a long time ago that nine times out of ten you can win a race during the week with your preparation. Our goal was to unload the best prepared car each time we rolled into a track. With the help of a great crew we accomplished that, as we fell out of only one race with mechanical issues. I cannot wait for these winter months to pass, I’m ready to get back behind the wheel already” added Tyler with great enthusiasm.

2014 plans are up in the air as the JTB Motorsports team is looking to secure additional sponsorship that would let the team travel to the bigger crate races on the east coast. After racing for points this year the team would like to not worry about points and venture to new venues and races to gain valuable experience on all types of surfaces. You can keep up on the teams 2014 plans by checking out Tyler’s twitter account at @tylerbareracing.

JTB Motorsports would like to thank all of the team’s sponsors:
Bill Weeks Garage, Bluegrass Farm, Conner’s Produce, Designs, Lee-Hi Travel Plaza, JD Clemmer, JTB Excavating & Hauling, Keyser Manufacturing, K.R.S. Graphics, L.E. Wood Equipment, Messick On Site Farm Repair, Poske’s Performance Parts, Rhodenizer Heating & Air, LLC, VA Trailer Sales & World Wide Racing Fuels.
Product Sponsors:
Abshire’s Handyman Service, Davis Auto Electric, Hendren Racing Engines, HTMA/Hoosier Racing Tire, Integra Shocks, Quarter Master, Rocket Chassis, Schaeffer’s Racing Oil, Sunoco Race Fuels, Weld Racing, Wiles Drive Shafts &Wrisco Aluminum.

Prepared & distributed by KRS Graphics Motorsports Media