Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:58 am 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

For Immediate Release:
March 20, 2014

Jennae Piper and JP3 Racing debut Mastersbilt Gen-X at Hagerstown’s opener; Winchester next up…

Most high school students excitedly await their seventeenth birthday and revel in the time they get to spend with their friends and classmates, all the while being treated with extra importance for that 24 hour period. For James Buchanan High School Junior, Jennae Piper, her seventeenth birthday fell on Saturday, March 15th, which this year, happened to coincide with the opening race at Maryland’s Hagerstown Speedway. For the Mercersburg, Pennsylvania teenager, there is no better way to spend her birthday then to be strapped behind the wheel of her family owned crate late model.

After spending her early years behind the wheel of a quarter midget, recording victories to numerous to mention, Jennae made the jump in 2013 to the newly formed crate late model division that runs semi-weekly at Winchester Speedway. Learning the ropes of a full bodied late model was sometimes challenging but very rewarding for the then sixteen year old. Over the year, a vast improvement was evident and it culminated in an outstanding 4th place finish in the season long point standings at the Winchester, Virginia speedway. A horrific wreck during the season ending Fall Classic at the Natural Bridge Speedway this past October meant the team would be looking for a new car. Over the off season the team purchased a complete turn-key operation from fellow racer Glen Elliott and eagerly anticipated the start of the 2014 season.

Fast forward to this past Saturday, when the birthday girl unloaded her blue & white, Mastersbilt race car at the Hagerstown Speedway ready to get the 2014 season under way. Jennae would roll off third in her competitive heat race and hold her own against some of the best limited late model drivers in the area. When the checkered flag fell, she had finished a fine 6th place but more importantly, she transferred directly into the night’s feature event. The crew went to work with help from Glen Elliott to prepare the car for the tricky Hagerstown Surface. Rolling off, 16th in the 22 car field, Jennae would spend the 20 lap feature getting use to her new car. After an early spin, she settled in and found her groove turning some great lap times over the 2nd half of the race. Once the checkered waved, she had brought the JWP Environment, Inc./Outdoor Contracting, Inc./Simmons Home Improvement, sponsored mount home with a respectable 13th place finish.

“I was really excited to get the season going” said Jennae, when reached at the team’s Mercersburg, Pennsylvania’s race shop Tuesday evening. “The new car is so much more advanced than what we started with last year. The big difference is the shocks. My last car did not have the double adjustable shocks and you can certainly feel the difference right away. I just need to get used to everything but just having this equipment gives me so much more confidence. I am just so grateful for my parents and family who put their time and money into this deal to go along with my brothers Quarters Midgets racing. My crew has worked hard in the garage this winter and they donate all their time and I cannot give them enough credit for all they do. Glenn (Elliott) spent last Saturday helping us out, not only with car’s set-up but gave me some great insight on driving and my lines around the race track, it meant a lot that he took the time to help. Huey (Wilcoxon) from MBH has been offering great advice on the car. He really knows these Mastersbilt cars and I appreciate all the help we get from him. I have some great sponsors and companies behind me and I will try hard to represent them the best I can both on and off the track” stated Piper.

The team is going to take things week by week as far as where they are racing. The plan is to get Jennae as much exposure and seat time at different tracks and on different surfaces as possible. The team will travel south this coming Saturday to compete in Winchester’s opener. Tentative plans have the team heading to Western Pennsylvania in a few weeks where Jennae’s cousin and Super Late Model driver Tyler Hershey will shake the car down and compete in the crate portion of the “Chiller Thriller” event at Mercer Raceway Park.

Jennae and the team are huge supporters of The Victory Junction Camp started in by NASCAR star Kyle Petty and his wife in memory of their son Adam. The mission of Victory Junction is to enrich the lives of children with chronic medical conditions or serious illnesses by providing life-changing camping experiences that are exciting, fun and empowering, in a safe and medically-sound environment, at no cost to campers and their families. Look for exciting news in the future from Jennae and her JP3 Racing Team about an event they will be hosting to benefit the Victory Junction Camp and how you can get involved and win some great prizes while doing so.

Keep up-to-date on all official Jennae Piper news on twitter @jp3racing.

Jennae would like to thank all of her Sponsors:
JWP Environmental Inc., Outdoor Contracting, Inc., Simmons Home Improvement, Advance Auto Parts, ALH Accounting Services, Fastrax Excavating, First Class Construction, Liberty Auto & Tire and Myers Diesel & Equipment Repair,

Tentative Schedule: (Subject to Change)
March 22nd - Winchester Speedway
March 29th - Mercer Raceway Park

Prepared & distributed by KRS Graphics Motorsports Media