Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:19 pm 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Seen on Big Diamond FB tonight that Susky champ Billy Wampler will be running the LM shows at Big D this year...Sounds like the Big D LM field is shaping up very nicely.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:44 am 
Rookie
Rookie

who else will be there?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:13 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

It's a nice track for the late models , but after going there a couple times last year I'm not in any hurry to go back .With all of their "breaks in the action" and constant track work I could swear Teddy Rietz was running the place . They used to run a speedy show , not anymore .

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:08 pm 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

SERIOUSLY....Big D only had to bring the grader out maybe twice last year at intermission....95% of the races last year they just had to water and run the track in AT INTERMISSION, not before or after it, as it was almost table top smooth EVERY WEEK....Not sure what nights you were there, but the working on the track thing just wasn't true, and I'm there every week...An average Friday racin starts at 8:15 and was done by 11:15, 3 hr show for 3-4 divisions is NOT BAD, some nights a lil before that, some nights a lil later....This year Big D has an AWESOME schedule, something for just about everyone....And the LM field from what I hear is shaping up nicely for the 10 shows they will be there....Can't wait for the LM's first show of the year there which is Fri night April 4th, and that is the BIG Money In The Mountains show for the mods ( 40 laps $7500 to win $500 to start) big block/small block challenge, the late models, and the always exciting road runners will be on the card....An early season MUST SEE event for sure.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:34 am 
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Allen 1a wrote:
SERIOUSLY....Big D only had to bring the grader out maybe twice last year at intermission....95% of the races last year they just had to water and run the track in AT INTERMISSION, not before or after it, as it was almost table top smooth EVERY WEEK....Not sure what nights you were there, but the working on the track thing just wasn't true, and I'm there every week...An average Friday racin starts at 8:15 and was done by 11:15, 3 hr show for 3-4 divisions is NOT BAD, some nights a lil before that, some nights a lil later....This year Big D has an AWESOME schedule, something for just about everyone....And the LM field from what I hear is shaping up nicely for the 10 shows they will be there....Can't wait for the LM's first show of the year there which is Fri night April 4th, and that is the BIG Money In The Mountains show for the mods ( 40 laps $7500 to win $500 to start) big block/small block challenge, the late models, and the always exciting road runners will be on the card....An early season MUST SEE event for sure.

Must see if Mods are your cup of tea. For me no thanks I tried watching them just don't like them. Why did Big D lose their Speedweek show?

Williamsgrove - 14
Port Royal - 3
Path Valley - 1
Hagerstown - 1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:42 am 
Rookie
Rookie

I was there the night the 600 mods were there , they were the only reason i went and i didn't get to see the feature anyway . I left well after midnight . I feel they spent way to much time rebuilding the track and giving away useless junk at intermission time. sorry but that night was a bad experience for me .

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:40 pm 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

three wide, in your first post you said you were there a "couple of times last year", then ya said you were only there for the 600's night...The 600's night was BY FAR the worst night Big D had last year, it was a disaster that night....And mostly cuz the 600's couldn't run 2 laps without a caution, pile up, or someone flipping....I'm bummed that was your experience at Big D last year, because Like I said BDS had an AWESOME year last year for racing on Fri nights....Lots of great racing and races that came down to the very end....Because your one experience there last year wasn't very good, doesn't mean the racing and overall experience at Big D normally isn't, just saying....As for Shuey, I grew up going to the mod races, so yes that is my cup of tea first and foremost....But I love the winged sprints, midgets, late models, non wing sprints, street stocks, etc...I enjoy it all, I just love dirt track racing....As for Big D losing their Speedweek date, my guess would be cuz the greatest pa sprint car driver ever Mr. Rahmer wanted the show at Path Valley, and Freddie got what he wanted...Hopefully in the future they will get a Speedweek date back, or who knows, maybe something bigger and better than that for the 410's at BDS, never know what 2015 may bring.