Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:07 pm 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

For Immediate Release:
March 25, 2014

DJ Myers and Team 70J take the green on their2014 season at Hagerstown Speedway this past Saturday…

Greencastle, Pennsylvania’s DJ Myers kicked off his 2014 season this past Saturday, when the team unloaded their immaculately prepared PPM Chassis at the Hagerstown Speedway. With the sun shining and the snow a distant memory, a fine field of 33 Super Late Models were signed in to compete for the $2,000 winner’s share awarded to the victor of the 25 lap feature event.

The night would kick off with three 10 lap qualifying heat races. DJ would draw the 4th starting position in heat two. The PPM Racing Products/Hershey Racing Engines 70J was good from the start, unfortunately disaster struck early in the event. While battling for the lead in the outside groove, the competitor on the inside slide out into the 70J breaking the left front suspension and DJ brought the car pit side, knowing that with such a great field of cars on hand the team would have a big hole to climb out of. With the suspension fixed, the K.R.S. Graphics/Farmers Union Co-op mount would roll off deep in the competitive consolation event vying for one of the six remaining qualifying spots. The PPM Chassis performed great and when the checkered fell, DJ would advance 11 spots to finish third, earning the 21st starting spot in the nights feature event.

With little time, the team went to work preparing the car for the feature event. When the green flag waved over the 24 car starting field, Myers immediately got up on the wheel using the track’s second groove to advance forward. By halfway he was sitting 13th and the car was working great. Running 10th, a caution with a few laps remaining would bunch the field back up. On the ensuing restart, the 3rd place car would have trouble getting back up to speed, leaving the field all try to inadvertently miss the slower car. When the dust settled the 70J was shuffled back to the 14th spot. DJ spent the remaining laps making up the ground he lost and brought home a hard fought 11th place finish.

“That was the hardest I think I have ever worked for an eleventh place” said Myers with a laugh. “We were off a little, but I was happy with how good this car was tonight. We have struggled at this place in recent years, but tonight was the best I have felt here in a long time. It has been a long winter and it felt good to be back at the track. We spent a few days down at the PPM shop in Tennessee and had the car ready for last week, but the trailer was night quite ready so we stayed home until everything was right. I have some great guys that put in a lot of time working on this car and they had it real good all night. There are some great sponsors on this car and I appreciate every one of them. We are going to work real hard so we get a chance to represent them in victory lane” added DJ.

This coming weekend has the team back at Hagerstown to improve on last week’s finish. The following week, plans are to compete at Williams Grove Speedway on Friday and back at Hagerstown on Saturday. After that the team will race where it makes the best economical sense.

Team apparel and souvenirs will be available towards the end of April. You can keep up-to-date on all the official DJ Myers Motorsports news and where and when they are going to race on twitter @djmyers70j.

DJ Myers Motorsports would like to thank all of their Sponsors:
PPM Racing Products, Hershey’s Racing Engines, Myers Construction, Farmers Union Co-op, K.R.S. Graphics, Honey Fly Farms and Walls Wallpapering & Painting along with product sponsorship from ATI Super Damper, Baker Carburetion, Beyea Custom Headers, C-Line Products, Callies Performance Products, Cometic Gaskets, CP Pistons, CV Products, Dyers Top Rods, Falcon Racing Transmissions, Fast Shafts, HTMA, ISKY Cams, Ohlins, PBM Products, SignDesign/Bill Funk, Total Seal Piston Rings, Wilwood Disc Brakes, Winters Performance and Wix Filters.

Upcoming Schedule (Subject to Change)
March 29th - Hagerstown Speedway
April 4th – Williams Grove Speedway
March 5th – Hagerstown Speedway

[i]Prepared & distributed by KRS Graphics Motorsports Media[/i]