Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:51 am 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

For Immediate Release:
June 12, 2014

Jake Jones Racing Hitting Full Stride as Season Heats Up and Wins Become Plentiful…

The 2014 Mid-Atlantic racing season got off to a dismal start aided by rainy weather week in and week out. Now things are starting to look brighter as the calendar says goodbye to the wet springtime. The temperature is starting to get hotter heading towards the dog days of summer, but it is still cold in comparison to just how hot the Jake Jones Racing Team has been the last few weeks. The first few races for Jake and his Miller’s Racing Parts sponsored No.43 this season did not go as planned. Mechanical failures had the team loaded on the trailer, as the checkered flag was waiving over his competitors more often than not. The never give up attitude from the Shermansdale chauffer and his crew is very evident as the DNF’s immediately turned into trips to victory lane.

On May 31st, the team unloaded the immaculately prepared Lazer Chassis at Williams Grove Speedway for what was the first of three straight nights of racing for JJR. The prior trip to Williams Grove had not worked out to well for the team as a suspension part failure retired the No.43 on lap one of the feature. This time however, it was totally different as by the end of the night, Jake had led every lap to claim his first victory of the season at the Mechanicsburg half mile. The next night found Jake towing west on the Pennsylvania Turnpike to the historic Bedford Speedway for a Sunday companion show to the Late Model Speedweek. Jake would run second in his heat race and ran among the top 3 for most of the feature. An extended yellow flag late in the race proved to be the only stumbling point for JJR. During the yellow, the carburetor malfunctioned causing Jake to get shuffled back on the ensuing restart. Jones still hung on for a great 6th place finish. The third consecutive night of racing found Jones making a rare Port Royal Speedway start as part of their Monday Late Model Speedweek show. Brian and the team had the car perfect as Jake used every bit of his Dana Smith built power plant to lead every lap of his heat and the feature around the sweeping half mile known as the speed palace, to pick up his second victory in three nights. This victory was a lot harder then it looked as Jake caught a hole in the speedway surface early on and drove a flawless race despite a heavily damaged right front suspension.

This past weekend saw the team back in action at Williams Grove and after winning his competitive heat race by a straightaway, Jake because of his win the week before, would have to start the feature from row number six. On a tough, narrow, one lane track, Jones would power his self owned white/black/teal Lazer Chassis to a fine 7th place finish.

“It was such a great group of races” stated Jake when reached by telephone in-between customers at his self owned Miller’s Racing Parts. “My crew worked their tails off racing three straight nights and I cannot thank them enough. My car was great all three races, something broke within the carburetor at Bedford or we would have certainly been in the top 3 and maybe even battling for a win there also. Dana’s engines are just so strong. I ran it as hard as I could at Port Royal. I hit a hole on about lap 4 and killed the right front. I knew Singleton and Knaub would be coming so I had to run hard to get it to turn entering the corner with the suspension as bent up as it was. I was surprised it held on and was glad to see that checkered. That just shows you just how great of a car my crew had given me” added Jones.

Jake Jones Racing would like to send their sincere Thank you to Curtis Heath and his team. When the team went out for warm-ups at Port Royal, the carburetor was still not working properly. In a great act of sportsmanship, Heath lent the team his spare carburetor which ultimately allowed JJR to wind up in victory lane later that night.

Keep up-to-date on all Jake Jones Racing news at his official home on the web: www.jakejonesracing.com and look for new 2014 Jake Jones apparel in a few weeks.

Jake Jones Racing would like to thank all of their Sponsors:
Millers Racing Parts, Andy Grove Insurance & Financial Service, Blazers Body Shop, Dana Smith Racing Engines, HTMA/Hoosier Racing Tires, Insinger Performance Fuels, Jims Garage, K.R.S. Graphics, Lazer Chassis, Steve’s Studebakers & Terry Hyser’s Hair Salon.

Prepared & distributed by KRS Graphics Motorsports Media