Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: NDRL done already!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:54 am 
Offline
Head Wrench
Head Wrench
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:55 pm
Posts: 1587
Port will be fine, we have a great field of regulars anyhow.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NDRL done already!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:11 am 
Offline
Rookie
Rookie

Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:04 pm
Posts: 13
Port Royal moved the Renninger Memorial to the first Saturday of the fair in 2011, when there was no Paul Long Memorial or Outlaw race. So who did schedule against who?! I don't care who goes where, it is a big racing weekend. Just don't skew the facts to fit personal needs.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NDRL done already!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:12 am 
Offline
Rookie
Rookie
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:54 pm
Posts: 96
Location: Hampstead, MD
Its not so much that I'm worried about Selinsgrove. I will be at Selinsgrove, but if Port ran a different weekend I would also go to that race. I think a lot of regional cars that will run Selinsgrove (Lathroum, Covert, etc.) would likely run at Port if the race didn't conflict with anything else.

Thanks,
Jeff

_________________
2014 Race Count: 38
Oxford Plains Speedway: 1
Big Diamond: 1
Hagerstown: 6
Potomac: 4
Lincoln: 2
Path Valley: 1
Susquehanna Speedway Park: 3
Williams Grove: 6
Virginia Motor Speedway: 1
Winchester: 8
Trail Way: 4
Port Royal: 1


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NDRL done already!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:32 am 
Offline
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:31 pm
Posts: 465
They will most likely follow the 3 States Flyers races at Bedford(Friday) Winchester(Saturday) and Potomac(Sunday) that weekend.. Port will get their regulars on Saturday night.. Selinsgrove will get their regulars plus WoO drivers on Saturday.. Then add a few maybe from Port for sunday nights WoO race at Selinsgrove..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NDRL done already!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:05 pm 
Offline
Crew Member
Crew Member

Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:12 am
Posts: 1423
So who did what first? Port has been running special races for the fair since the mid 1800's, first horses then midgets to stock cars to super modifieds to sprints and late models. I think they had the date first. LOL


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NDRL done already!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:15 pm 
Offline
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:02 pm
Posts: 2564
pajamie wrote:
I forgot about the Paul Long race.. Wasn't even sure when it was raced.. We were running Hagerstown back then.. But anyway.. There are plenty of cars to go around and honestly.. How many Port cars would even go to Selinsgrove to race with WoO anyway?? Let alone even a regular show.. 2 or 3 at the most.. And those 3 missed races at Port anyway from either racing at Hagerstown or Selinsgrove..

Just gotta face the facts its a big racing weekend and everyone cant be pleased..


I agree, people get to worried about car counts everyone did just fine last season and they wll this season as well :thumbleft: The only Port regular that's been at SG shows when Port has off is Dustin Hoffman. I wouldn't consider Andy Haus or Wilson as Port regs anymore.

_________________
2014 Race Count: 47
Lincoln - 4
Selinsgrove - 22
Williamsgrove - 15
Port Royal - 3
Path Valley - 1
Hagerstown - 1
McKean County - 1


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NDRL done already!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:19 pm 
Offline
Rookie
Rookie
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:27 am
Posts: 172
Let's be real here. The 3 state flyers race will hurt Port and Selinsgrove more than Port vs. Selinsgrove. There would only be maybe 3 port "regulars" attempt to the WoO race anyhow. The 3 state races force regional guys like Covert, Lathroum, Stone, etc to choose.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NDRL done already!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:03 pm 
Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:44 pm
Posts: 4509
Location: 704 Houser St.
Shuey21 wrote:
pajamie wrote:
I forgot about the Paul Long race.. Wasn't even sure when it was raced.. We were running Hagerstown back then.. But anyway.. There are plenty of cars to go around and honestly.. How many Port cars would even go to Selinsgrove to race with WoO anyway?? Let alone even a regular show.. 2 or 3 at the most.. And those 3 missed races at Port anyway from either racing at Hagerstown or Selinsgrove..

Just gotta face the facts its a big racing weekend and everyone cant be pleased..


I agree, people get to worried about car counts everyone did just fine last season and they wll this season as well :thumbleft: The only Port regular that's been at SG shows when Port has off is Dustin Hoffman. I wouldn't consider Andy Haus or Wilson as Port regs anymore.


Wilson I'd still consider a Port regular, he only missed 1 race at Port this year. The Cassner's, Flickinger, Berry and Schmidt have also been at SG a lot this year. Andy runs at Port unless SG has a bigger paying show. Scotty's been there twice recently. Hack raced a lot at SG last year and had some good finishes. A lot more than 2-3 Port cars would come if Port wasn't running, unless the WOO would scare some off. Now I'm not saying Port should move the Butch Renninger memorial to appease Selinsgrove. They have every right to keep it on that same date. Yes there are enough cars that both will have full quality fields. SG will have the cream of the crop obviously with the WOO there, but Port will have 410's along with the LM's for a much lower admission price plus the fair so that's where I will be. If anything SG should look into moving the WOO date.

_________________
Stimulate the economy- buy made in the USA.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NDRL done already!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:14 pm 
Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:44 pm
Posts: 4509
Location: 704 Houser St.
LM Fan wrote:
Let's be real here. The 3 state flyers race will hurt Port and Selinsgrove more than Port vs. Selinsgrove. There would only be maybe 3 port "regulars" attempt to the WoO race anyhow. The 3 state races force regional guys like Covert, Lathroum, Stone, etc to choose.


Didn't know about the 3SF series, thought they were almost defunct with so few races on the schedule, but yeah that creates another option and decision for the race teams. Selinsgrove really needs took into alternative dates for the WOO show. It can't be billed as the best regional races vs. the WOO when the regional drivers will be split between 3 tracks. If I'm spending $32-$38 to see LM's, I want to see Covert, Lathroum, Stone, Satterlee, Frye and all the best area drivers vs. the WOO; not just Rine vs.the WOO.

_________________
Stimulate the economy- buy made in the USA.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NDRL done already!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:21 pm 
Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:44 pm
Posts: 4509
Location: 704 Houser St.
Scott Harro wrote:
pajamie wrote:
ironboss wrote:
They need to move the race to another date. It makes no sense at all for them to run it up against both the World of Outlaws at Selinsgrove and the Three State Flyers at Winchester. Too many tracks try to schedule against each other on the holiday weekend instead of working together!


You mean move the Outlaw date right?? Been running this race at Port since 2005.. So that must mean Selinsgrove added their race against Ports big race if I am reading it right.. :whistle:



Selinsgrove has held a significant Labor Day late model race since 2004 with a pretty good purse ($10,000 to win). Originally it was run as the Paul Long Memorial through 2008. There was a 3 year hiatus before again using the weekend in 2012 for the WoO late models (rained out). SOOOOOOOO who scheduled against who? :whistle:


The 1st PLM was ran in late August, not Labor day weekend, and drew 49 cars. The 1st scheduled WOO race was also in late August, not labor day, and it was rained out at about 5:30 PM with I believe 43 cars already signed into the pits and several more en route.

_________________
Stimulate the economy- buy made in the USA.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NDRL done already!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:26 am 
Offline
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:02 pm
Posts: 2564
hotrodney wrote:
LM Fan wrote:
Let's be real here. The 3 state flyers race will hurt Port and Selinsgrove more than Port vs. Selinsgrove. There would only be maybe 3 port "regulars" attempt to the WoO race anyhow. The 3 state races force regional guys like Covert, Lathroum, Stone, etc to choose.


Didn't know about the 3SF series, thought they were almost defunct with so few races on the schedule, but yeah that creates another option and decision for the race teams. Selinsgrove really needs took into alternative dates for the WOO show. It can't be billed as the best regional races vs. the WOO when the regional drivers will be split between 3 tracks. If I'm spending $32-$38 to see LM's, I want to see Covert, Lathroum, Stone, Satterlee, Frye and all the best area drivers vs. the WOO; not just Rine vs.the WOO.


You realize all those guys you named except for Covert were at both SG shows last year and probably will be again this year. Also Rine wasn't the best local against them it was Cochran.

_________________
2014 Race Count: 47
Lincoln - 4
Selinsgrove - 22
Williamsgrove - 15
Port Royal - 3
Path Valley - 1
Hagerstown - 1
McKean County - 1


Last edited by Shuey21 on Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NDRL done already!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:27 am 
Offline
Rookie
Rookie

Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:32 pm
Posts: 247
Location: Mt. Pleasant Mills, PA
[
hotrodney wrote:
Wilson I'd still consider a Port regular, he only missed 1 race at Port this year. The Cassner's, Flickinger, Berry and Schmidt have also been at SG a lot this year. Andy runs at Port unless SG has a bigger paying show. Scotty's been there twice recently. Hack raced a lot at SG last year and had some good finishes. A lot more than 2-3 Port cars would come if Port wasn't running, unless the WOO would scare some off. Now I'm not saying Port should move the Butch Renninger memorial to appease Selinsgrove. They have every right to keep it on that same date. Yes there are enough cars that both will have full quality fields. SG will have the cream of the crop obviously with the WOO there, but Port will have 410's along with the LM's for a much lower admission price plus the fair so that's where I will be. If anything SG should look into moving the WOO date.



Cassner's have been at Selinsgrove most weeks this year. They went to Lernerville one week and were there for most others. I agree with Berry and Schmidt. Andy Haus has actually been back and forth most of the year. Early on he was at Port, but lately he and Scott have been at SG. If you mean Mitch Hack, he never races at SG. Maybe once a year if that. As far as Selinsgrove changing the date, you take the dates they are available.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NDRL done already!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:59 am 
Offline
Rookie
Rookie
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:54 pm
Posts: 96
Location: Hampstead, MD
I would like to point out the car counts from 3SF at Winchester, and 3SF at Potomac last time they ran. I know Potomac had 16 cars, and if I remember correctly, Winchester had about the same, or less.

Two cars have thus far run every 3SF race this season, Covert and Pettyjohn.

I think Lathroum, Stone, Satterlee, Jackson and others would likely be at Selinsgrove.

Spence, Hollidge, Covert, and Pettyjohn will be at Winchester, with some other locals.

_________________
2014 Race Count: 38
Oxford Plains Speedway: 1
Big Diamond: 1
Hagerstown: 6
Potomac: 4
Lincoln: 2
Path Valley: 1
Susquehanna Speedway Park: 3
Williams Grove: 6
Virginia Motor Speedway: 1
Winchester: 8
Trail Way: 4
Port Royal: 1


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NDRL done already!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:52 pm 
Offline
Rookie
Rookie

Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 12:11 pm
Posts: 20
If things weren't messed up enough, Hagerstown plans to run Super Late Models on BOTH Saturday and Sunday nights. Looks like the best option and probably the strongest field of cars might well be the Three State Flyers at Bedford on Friday.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NDRL done already!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:56 am 
Offline
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:31 pm
Posts: 465
guys are starting to get checks from NDRL for the Port race..


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group