Tim Brown - Burt Myers blow up at Bowman gray

Discuss Miscellaneous Fendered Car Racing
RT88
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Tim Brown - Burt Myers blow up at Bowman gray

Post by RT88 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:26 pm

Last week they had 17,000 folks at Bowman Gray despite it raining. When the rain quit the bizarre began. Tim Brown was leading when Burt Myers spun him. The usually docile Brown went wild and it is all on tape. They took the matter into the pits and had a "discussion" there.
Today Bowman Gray officials announced both drivers will lose 100 points and they will be sitting out this weekend. So here it is one of the stranger events in a while. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbO00XXFACQ
The week prior Jr. Miller finally got his revenge on Burt Myers. Their long heated rivalry took another turn when Jr. waited for Burt. The video includes Tim Brown's incar radio http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFxFB0GUbGQ

Bernie Lomax
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Re: Tim Brown - Burt Myers blow up at Bowman gray

Post by Bernie Lomax » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:35 pm

Entertaining yet childish. The commonality in all of these videos appears to be Burt Myers. Hmmm.

BlueOnBlack21
Rookie
Rookie

Post by BlueOnBlack21 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:24 am

Always thought bowman gray was on my bucket list of races to see, but do people go there for the racing or the fighting :thinking:

dirtinmyeyes
Rookie
Rookie

Post by dirtinmyeyes » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:13 am

bumping and fighting great nascar track

JTR13
Pit Member
Pit Member
Location: Friday- Grove infield Turn 3 Saturday- Susky infield pitstall #45

Post by JTR13 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:14 am

Worst display of driver professionalism I've ever seen... If I cut you off, spin you, or you just plain disagree with my driving, you are more then welcome to come to my trailer after the race and we can "discuss it", but not on the track... Looked like a bunch of children banging into each other with their hot wheels... And it's a wonder that Burt Myers even has and sponsors or money left to race the way he treats his race car...

That being said, I do really miss watching Madhouse, I wish they had never canceled that show... I'd like to see a dirt track version of that show, hmmmmmm, wonder where it could be filmed...
All "FOUR" Fun!!!

greenflag
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by greenflag » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:46 am

Joke....

Mr. Port

Post by Mr. Port » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:06 am

The Myers are dirty drivers.

CH_88
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by CH_88 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:19 am

Anyone who calls that garbage “racing" obviously has no idea what racing is. Basically, drive around on a flat 1 groove rumble strip and either follow the guy in front of you or goon him and spin him out. Then after the “race" let's fight like children about it and use cars as weapons. That has to be one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen. I think I'll stick to what we have here in central Pa.
Way she goes.............

Scott H
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by Scott H » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:47 am

CH_88 wrote:Anyone who calls that garbage “racing" obviously has no idea what racing is. Basically, drive around on a flat 1 groove rumble strip and either follow the guy in front of you or goon him and spin him out. Then after the “race" let's fight like children about it and use cars as weapons. That has to be one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen. I think I'll stick to what we have here in central Pa.
+1.

I just don't get it. Maybe that's their form of WWE. :dontknow:
Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?

RT88
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Post by RT88 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:37 pm

I have been to the stadium I think it is five times. Some nights it is one groove but I have been there on nights when there are two lines and great racing. I watched Tim Brown win one night. For the second feature they have real handicapping and put Brown near the rear. It was really interesting to watch him come up through the pack. He does not use the chrome horn but picks his spot. There was one night it was fun watching Jr. Miller come up through the field.

What happened between Brown and Myers is disgusting and I am sure Brown feels awful. They let the drivers police themselves but this year it got out of hand. Bowman Gray officials and NASCAR are stepping in to get the situation under control.

A racing purist may turn up their nose but each time I go I come away impressed. They draw more fans in one night than many of our tracks do in three nights. That says they are doing something right. There is an electricity in the air at the stadium which I have not seen since the days of the former Dorney Park Speedway. Their big sponsor is a Pennsylvania-based business that does not sponsor any tracks in our region.

The best part about Bowman Gray is the post race party. The drivers do not flee the pits after the races. They are all there in the pits signing autographs and meeting the fans. The one night they had a DJ pumping out the tunes while the fans wondered the pits. Last year I stayed well after the races and when I left the Myers gang had a big party going for the fans. Tim brown was still at his car talking to fans. There is a reason the stadium draws 17,000 fans on a night it is raining.

Do not let the video give you the wrong image. The stadium is one of the unique places to watch a race, there inside a college football stadium. If you do not believe me ask super sportsman driver Scott Geesey about going Bowman Gray. The Madhouse is a fun time. Go check it out some time - they open the gates early in the day and the fans can wonder the pits up to 5:30. Steve Bubb

Warthog
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by Warthog » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:12 pm

Scott H wrote:
CH_88 wrote:Anyone who calls that garbage “racing" obviously has no idea what racing is. Basically, drive around on a flat 1 groove rumble strip and either follow the guy in front of you or goon him and spin him out. Then after the “race" let's fight like children about it and use cars as weapons. That has to be one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen. I think I'll stick to what we have here in central Pa.
+1.

I just don't get it. Maybe that's their form of WWE. :dontknow:
Bowman Gray appears to be what one might get if Vince McMahon bought Wall Stadium Speedway in NJ.

Personally, if I were running that place, about half the field would be banned for life within the first couple weeks, if the behavior on these video clips is typical. Maybe they started to believe their own PR after that reality show turned racing into a live-action cartoon.
Q: How is Central PA different from the Old West?
A: In Central PA, the Outlaws try to catch The Posse!