McKean County and Winchester questions?

Discuss Miscellaneous Fendered Car Racing
Ted
Crew Member
Crew Member

Re: McKean County and Winchester questions?

Post by Ted » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:42 am

First of all son just because I play rfactor in my spare time between after work and sleep doesn't mean I don't spend anytime in a racecar shop (for the last 20 years)or that i don't know anything. I did the mechanic work for a full time job for 6 years traveled north,south, east, and west. I've seen good racing for what I could watch being a crew guy doesn't allow me to stand and watch every division or every night in fact this summer at many tracks I spent my time cutting tires and trying to get myself and the team ahead on work so I was a extra set of hands other than the driver and crew chief just incase something major happened. I've helped a number of guys since I've quit racing for a living and had a lot of success with those drivers. Ya know working 2nd shift there was many days and weeks last year where I worked at the shop 8am-230pm then went to work 3pm-1130pm went back to the racecar shop 12-am-4 or 5 am and did it all over again the next day or hopped in the truck that morning and headed down the road to the racetrack . I'm sorry that I call a ace a ace and a spade a spade for the racing I've seen at racetracks but we all have our own opinion and that's mine. The racing at winchester was way better back in 2011- 2012 fast multi grooved choppy some nights.heck before that is was better than what it currently is. Do I understand how racing works? Yup been in it a long time and surrounded myself with smart people that's been in it along time. Do I plan to see a good race everytime I go to the track? No! But for a guy to ask a question and I answer it as truthfully as I could.(as going there for as many times as I have the last 3 years) and for someone else to come say aw it's not bad as everyone makes it. Makes me wonder what race track was that guy at especially after seeing posts on other boards where some one asks questions on washing and charging 90$ for a 2 day pit pass I think to myself how longs this guy been around and what planet did he come from? But... The fact you belittled and disrespected a couple drivers and teams that race at selinsgrove regularly. You judged that they weren't competition on another board but that's okay I use the term bench racer and I get a story line chewing about how it's disrespectful. :thinking: kind of the same thing? :handoverhead: :handoverhead: :handoverhead:
Miller time turned to Schlitz time!.
12 out of last 16

psn tag: thefurb1593

DavidM
Legend
Legend

Post by DavidM » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:25 am

wentworth09w wrote:
DavidM wrote:wentworth09w kind of OT, but the team you worked with did they ever race a Old Dominion Speedway in VA?
Unfortunately no, we used to run a bunch of the ACT tour races, and weekly at Lee USA Speedway in NH, and at Wiscasset Speedway (used to be Raceway) in Maine. We ran a couple of Oxford 250's also.

I used to work for Super Late Model team for about half a season at Seekonk Speedway in MA as well, and a Midwest Modified on dirt in North Dakota for the 2012 season.
Thanks, I was just wondering since your info has you in Md. now. I worked on a NASCAR LM that ran at Old Dominion back in the early 2000's for a bit.
If you don't do it this year, you'll be another year older when you do" Warren Miller

http://davidm.smugmug.com/

wentworth09w
Rookie
Rookie

Post by wentworth09w » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:22 am

DavidM wrote:
wentworth09w wrote:
DavidM wrote:wentworth09w kind of OT, but the team you worked with did they ever race a Old Dominion Speedway in VA?
Unfortunately no, we used to run a bunch of the ACT tour races, and weekly at Lee USA Speedway in NH, and at Wiscasset Speedway (used to be Raceway) in Maine. We ran a couple of Oxford 250's also.

I used to work for Super Late Model team for about half a season at Seekonk Speedway in MA as well, and a Midwest Modified on dirt in North Dakota for the 2012 season.
Thanks, I was just wondering since your info has you in Md. now. I worked on a NASCAR LM that ran at Old Dominion back in the early 2000's for a bit.
Yeah I moved here in 2013 after college in North Dakota (because this is the place to get Federal jobs). Before that though I had never even been to a dirt track, all asphalt all the time. The farthest up this way we ever ran was at Thompson in CT, I never even got to a chance to spectate at ODS but it looks like a nice little track. I guess the area needed more apartments or something :ahhhh:

Now that I've been introduced to Dirt Racing though Asphalt has lost its luster so to speak, I'm still trying to determine if I want to go to the Turkey Derby or not. I went last year and just wasn't that entertained.

Thanks,
Jeff.

wentworth09w
Rookie
Rookie

Post by wentworth09w » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:28 am

Ted wrote:First of all son just because I play rfactor in my spare time between after work and sleep doesn't mean I don't spend anytime in a racecar shop (for the last 20 years)or that i don't know anything. I did the mechanic work for a full time job for 6 years traveled north,south, east, and west. I've seen good racing for what I could watch being a crew guy doesn't allow me to stand and watch every division or every night in fact this summer at many tracks I spent my time cutting tires and trying to get myself and the team ahead on work so I was a extra set of hands other than the driver and crew chief just incase something major happened. I've helped a number of guys since I've quit racing for a living and had a lot of success with those drivers. Ya know working 2nd shift there was many days and weeks last year where I worked at the shop 8am-230pm then went to work 3pm-1130pm went back to the racecar shop 12-am-4 or 5 am and did it all over again the next day or hopped in the truck that morning and headed down the road to the racetrack . I'm sorry that I call a ace a ace and a spade a spade for the racing I've seen at racetracks but we all have our own opinion and that's mine. The racing at winchester was way better back in 2011- 2012 fast multi grooved choppy some nights.heck before that is was better than what it currently is. Do I understand how racing works? Yup been in it a long time and surrounded myself with smart people that's been in it along time. Do I plan to see a good race everytime I go to the track? No! But for a guy to ask a question and I answer it as truthfully as I could.(as going there for as many times as I have the last 3 years) and for someone else to come say aw it's not bad as everyone makes it. Makes me wonder what race track was that guy at especially after seeing posts on other boards where some one asks questions on washing and charging 90$ for a 2 day pit pass I think to myself how longs this guy been around and what planet did he come from? But... The fact you belittled and disrespected a couple drivers and teams that race at selinsgrove regularly. You judged that they weren't competition on another board but that's okay I use the term bench racer and I get a story line chewing about how it's disrespectful. :thinking: kind of the same thing? :handoverhead: :handoverhead: :handoverhead:
First of all, that was one post about the Selinsgrove drivers and I apologized. The only comment I made was about the difference in the caliber of drivers at Hagerstown and Selinsgrove and to back it up mentioned that I had seen some top Selinsgrove drivers DNQ at Hagerstown. I apologized the next day and have since not made any comments about any drivers at any tracks. (Other than Moyer Jr. Jr., because he just does not understand that insulting the people who provide you with a career is generally a bad idea.)

I asked a question about washing because I've never owned a dirt track car, and on asphalt you don't have to pressure wash your car after every race.

The fact is I apologized immediately about my comment about the drivers, it takes every piece to make this sport happen. The fact that you feel the need to use a term to (inaccurately) describe someone for any reason is a problem. Even if I were just someone who planned to sit in the stands the rest of my life and not do anything but pay my $15 to watch there is no reason to dismiss my opinion. Especially since the initial question was a fan asking a question about which race to go spectate at. :handoverhead: :handoverhead: :handoverhead:

EDIT: Also, I believe I was suggesting a different format for the Fall Classic at Winchester and along with that suggested a $75 two day pass. Tracks need to make money too, they are not nearly as profitable as drivers like to think they are. Here is the thread.

http://www.vadirtlovers.com/phpBB3/view ... 2&start=20