Bad news for Selinsgrove.

Discuss Miscellaneous Fendered Car Racing
Post Reply
User avatar
NEWBOMB TURK
Crew Member
Crew Member
Posts: 1141
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:31 pm

Bad news for Selinsgrove.

Post by NEWBOMB TURK » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:13 pm

Looks like they lost three Late Models before the season even started. Tony Adams reasons unknown. Both Jimmy & Bryan Bernheisel over a Sponsorship debacle. Hope they can fill those spots or the car count is looking bleak.
This is the place where brilliant minds assemble to willfully pool ignorance with questionable logic in order to reach absurd conclusions.


The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all.
Gilbert K. Chesterton


Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.
Mark Twain

User avatar
Shuey21
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
Posts: 2745
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:02 pm
Contact:

Re: Bad news for Selinsgrove.

Post by Shuey21 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:22 pm

Bernheisels said before last season was even over they were traveling this year. Brad Mitch is moving to the Late Model class. They will be fine.
2015 Count: 50

2016: 20
Lincoln - 4
Port Royal - 5
Williamsgrove - 7
Selinsgrove - 3
Susquehanna - 1

User avatar
NEWBOMB TURK
Crew Member
Crew Member
Posts: 1141
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:31 pm

Re: Bad news for Selinsgrove.

Post by NEWBOMB TURK » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:15 pm

Shuey21 wrote:Bernheisels said before last season was even over they were traveling this year. Brad Mitch is moving to the Late Model class. They will be fine.
Not what I heard. I heard Charlie was offered the same deal Bernheisel's gave Port and he turned it down because of his deal with Jeff's. With the deal he gave Port doesn't sound to me like they are traveling.
This is the place where brilliant minds assemble to willfully pool ignorance with questionable logic in order to reach absurd conclusions.


The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all.
Gilbert K. Chesterton


Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.
Mark Twain

User avatar
Shuey21
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
Posts: 2745
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:02 pm
Contact:

Re: Bad news for Selinsgrove.

Post by Shuey21 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:01 pm

NEWBOMB TURK wrote:
Shuey21 wrote:Bernheisels said before last season was even over they were traveling this year. Brad Mitch is moving to the Late Model class. They will be fine.
Not what I heard. I heard Charlie was offered the same deal Bernheisel's gave Port and he turned it down because of his deal with Jeff's. With the deal he gave Port doesn't sound to me like they are traveling.
"We plan to open the 2015 season March 22 at Williams Grove. Other 2015 plans include Appalachian Mountain Speed Weeks and the WoO Canada tour. We will utilize a pick and choose schedule."

Posted straight from their Facebook page a few weeks ago.
2015 Count: 50

2016: 20
Lincoln - 4
Port Royal - 5
Williamsgrove - 7
Selinsgrove - 3
Susquehanna - 1

User avatar
NEWBOMB TURK
Crew Member
Crew Member
Posts: 1141
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:31 pm

Re: Bad news for Selinsgrove.

Post by NEWBOMB TURK » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:12 pm

Shuey21 wrote:
NEWBOMB TURK wrote:
Shuey21 wrote:Bernheisels said before last season was even over they were traveling this year. Brad Mitch is moving to the Late Model class. They will be fine.
Not what I heard. I heard Charlie was offered the same deal Bernheisel's gave Port and he turned it down because of his deal with Jeff's. With the deal he gave Port doesn't sound to me like they are traveling.
"We plan to open the 2015 season March 22 at Williams Grove. Other 2015 plans include Appalachian Mountain Speed Weeks and the WoO Canada tour. We will utilize a pick and choose schedule."

Posted straight from their Facebook page a few weeks ago.
We will see. I think they will be at Port most Saturday's. $15,000.00 and a New Lazur Chassis tells me all I need to know.
This is the place where brilliant minds assemble to willfully pool ignorance with questionable logic in order to reach absurd conclusions.


The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all.
Gilbert K. Chesterton


Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.
Mark Twain

User avatar
NEWBOMB TURK
Crew Member
Crew Member
Posts: 1141
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:31 pm

Re: Bad news for Selinsgrove.

Post by NEWBOMB TURK » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:12 pm

Shuey21 wrote:
NEWBOMB TURK wrote:
Shuey21 wrote:Bernheisels said before last season was even over they were traveling this year. Brad Mitch is moving to the Late Model class. They will be fine.
Not what I heard. I heard Charlie was offered the same deal Bernheisel's gave Port and he turned it down because of his deal with Jeff's. With the deal he gave Port doesn't sound to me like they are traveling.
"We plan to open the 2015 season March 22 at Williams Grove. Other 2015 plans include Appalachian Mountain Speed Weeks and the WoO Canada tour. We will utilize a pick and choose schedule."

Posted straight from their Facebook page a few weeks ago.
We will see. I think they will be at Port most Saturday's. $15,000.00 and a New Lazur Chassis tells me all I need to know.
This is the place where brilliant minds assemble to willfully pool ignorance with questionable logic in order to reach absurd conclusions.


The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all.
Gilbert K. Chesterton


Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.
Mark Twain

User avatar
hotrodney
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Posts: 4714
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:44 pm
Location: 704 Houser St.

Re: Bad news for Selinsgrove.

Post by hotrodney » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:26 pm

I kinda wondered when I saw Lazer chasis sponsoring a couple races at Port. You can't just cater to the big name locals if you want to draw a good field. I know of 1 Port regular car from last year that is planning on hitting the best paying area shows instead of running for points at 1 track because it just doesn't pay. I'd suspect more of that in the future. We'll see but in all honesty, I think we'll see lower weekly counts in 410's, 360's and LM's at SG and Port this year but decent counts for the bigger paying and sanctioned shows. That's not because either track is doing anything wrong, just a result of escalating costs. As much as I dislike draw formats like port went to, it helps drawing in an extra car or 2 from other tracks. if your track is off and you want ti race; are you gonna go to track where you have to start at the back all night or a track where you have the same odds to start upfront as anyone else?
Stimulate the economy- buy made in the USA.

drofclay
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:45 pm

Re: Bad news for Selinsgrove.

Post by drofclay » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:44 am

NEWBOMB TURK for your information bernheisel had sponsorship at Grandview speedway last year.
don't recall them racing there at all.

User avatar
three wide
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 138
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:44 pm

Re: Bad news for Selinsgrove.

Post by three wide » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:46 pm

NEWBOMB TURK wrote:Looks like they lost three Late Models before the season even started. Tony Adams reasons unknown. Both Jimmy & Bryan Bernheisel over a Sponsorship debacle. Hope they can fill those spots or the car count is looking bleak.
did Adams quit ? I see they have the trailer for sale , or did they buy a new one ???

User avatar
pajamie
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member
Posts: 484
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:31 pm

Re: Bad news for Selinsgrove.

Post by pajamie » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:08 pm

he explained on facebook they have 2 trailers and only running 1 car now so they don't need it..

User avatar
three wide
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 138
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:44 pm

Re: Bad news for Selinsgrove.

Post by three wide » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:45 pm

thanks for the info , I don't do facebook . Is tony a Portroyal regular now ???

User avatar
Shuey21
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
Posts: 2745
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:02 pm
Contact:

Re: Bad news for Selinsgrove.

Post by Shuey21 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:17 pm

three wide wrote:thanks for the info , I don't do facebook . Is tony a Portroyal regular now ???
He never really said he was, he just said that they were thinking about it.
2015 Count: 50

2016: 20
Lincoln - 4
Port Royal - 5
Williamsgrove - 7
Selinsgrove - 3
Susquehanna - 1

No Rookie
Pit Member
Pit Member
Posts: 849
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:48 am

Re: Bad news for Selinsgrove.

Post by No Rookie » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:57 am

This is my opinion.... There are a few local tracks that could be hurting for car counts in the future because of their
failure to support and promote Late Model racing. If you look at the ages of their core group of drivers they are getting
up there. Nothing much has been done to draw new talent to the division. I do commend some of the tracks for bringing
in a additional Late Model feeder type division to boost interest in the division (super).
Silly Rabbi, Kicks are for Trids!

User avatar
Shuey21
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
Posts: 2745
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:02 pm
Contact:

Re: Bad news for Selinsgrove.

Post by Shuey21 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:35 pm

No Rookie wrote:This is my opinion.... There are a few local tracks that could be hurting for car counts in the future because of their
failure to support and promote Late Model racing. If you look at the ages of their core group of drivers they are getting
up there. Nothing much has been done to draw new talent to the division. I do commend some of the tracks for bringing
in a additional Late Model feeder type division to boost interest in the division (super).
:thinking: Every local track around here supports the Late Models well.
2015 Count: 50

2016: 20
Lincoln - 4
Port Royal - 5
Williamsgrove - 7
Selinsgrove - 3
Susquehanna - 1

Warthog
Pit Member
Pit Member
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:25 am

Re: Bad news for Selinsgrove.

Post by Warthog » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:02 pm

Shuey21 wrote:
No Rookie wrote:This is my opinion.... There are a few local tracks that could be hurting for car counts in the future because of their
failure to support and promote Late Model racing. If you look at the ages of their core group of drivers they are getting
up there. Nothing much has been done to draw new talent to the division. I do commend some of the tracks for bringing
in a additional Late Model feeder type division to boost interest in the division (super).
:thinking: Every local track around here supports the Late Models well.
He specified Supers, not 358s/Sportsman/Limited Late Models. I don't think the Grove's token one Friday night SLM race per year (assuming no rain out) counts as heavy support for Supers, and Lincoln isn't too much better. Port has the Supers as a co-headline division with the 410s, but other than that, Hagerstown, Winchester and Potomac seem to be the main support for Supers.

One can debate it, but I do think there's a case to be made that the progression for a young driver in open wheel is much better supported in this area (karts, micros, 358s or Super Sportsman, then 410s) than the growth path for fendered racing. A young driver who wants to always have options of places to race as he or she rises through the levels of both skill and investment has much better choices going with open wheel racing.

Will that lead to an eventual lack of SLM competitors at some of the local tracks? I'm not sure that I'd go that far. But it could.
Q: How is Central PA different from the Old West?
A: In Central PA, the Outlaws try to catch The Posse!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests