Discuss Miscellaneous Fendered Car Racing
prodirtcar32
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Jake Jones Racing Kicked off 2015 at Hagerstown Speedway

Post by prodirtcar32 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:50 am

For Immediate Release:
March 17, 2015

Jake Jones and JJR kick off the 2015 season with a hard earned top 5 finish on a cold and blustery Maryland day…

For the most part, the first 2-1/2 months of 2015 have been solidified with snow, ice, rain and cold. When Shermans Dale, Pennsylvania’s Jake Jones woke and looked outside this past Sunday morning he saw that for a change, there was no precipitation making its way to the ground. What that meant for Jake Jones and the whole JJR team was that Sunday, March 15th was race day, a day they had all been looking forward to since the end of 2014.

It is hard to believe that only one week ago the ground was blanketed with snow and lots of it. So much snow that the JJR team’s trailer could not even get down the driveway at the race shop let alone make the trip south to Maryland’s Hagerstown Speedway to kick off the 2015 racing season. What a difference seven days made, as the team loaded up and headed south on Interstate 81, looking to shake down their brand new Lazer Chassis. With fuel pick-up issues rearing its ugly head in warm-ups the crew went to work trying to diagnose the issue. Thinking they might have it fixed, Jake lined up 7th in his competitive heat race. Unfortunately, the issue had not been rectified and Jake immediately made the left turn into the pits to the attention of the team. With the help of Super Late Model standout Jason Covert the team went to work replacing and repairing what ended up being carburetor issues and was able to start the 25 lap feature. Starting 18th on a slick daytime surface, Jake knew he would have his work cut out for him if he wanted to salvage the day and bring the Miller’s Racing Parts/Blazer’s Auto Body/Keystone Valley Ranch No.43 home with a respectable finish. As soon as the green flag dropped, Jones knew he had one of the cars to beat as he cautiously made his way through cars that were struggling to try to find some grip on the slick surface. Moving into the top 10 by the halfway point, Jake patiently picked off one car after another as it seemed the car was handling to perfection and would go wherever Jones wanted it to. At the end of the day, the team was awarded with an outstanding 5th place finish and was certainly one of the only cars to be able to pass on the one groove surface.

“I want to thank my whole team for hanging in there yesterday. It was so cold and windy we could have very easily called it a day” said Jones when reached between customers at his Miller’s Racing Parts. “Brian, Brandon, Kyle and the whole crew put in so much time over the winter building this new car. We wanted to shake it down on a bigger track in race condition before the Williams Grove season started. It was one of the best handling cars on a slick track I have had. I am very excited for 2015. I want to thank Covert for coming to our pit and help get it going. My whole team never gave up and we got a good finish to show for their work. I can’t thank them enough for what they do for me. I certainly need to thank my fans that made the trip down to Hagerstown to sit in the stands in what were brutally cold conditions. The Jones Gang are some of the best fans week in and week out.” added Jake.

This week, the Jake Jones racing team will head to Lincoln Speedway on Saturday night for a 20 lap feature at the Abbottstown, Pennsylvania Speedway with racing scheduled to start at 6:00. If weather intervenes, they have the option to head back down to Hagerstown. Jake and the team hope to do as much testing as they can before the May 2nd Williams Grove, Saturday Night Series opener.

Keep up-to-date on all current Jake Jones Racing news at his official home on the web: http://www.jakejonesracing.com.

Jake Jones Racing would like to thank all of their Sponsors:
Millers Racing Parts, Andy Grove Insurance & Financial Service, Blazers Body Shop, DeHart’s Auction & Surplus, HTMA/Hoosier Racing Tires, Jims Garage, Keystone Valley Ranch, K.R.S. Graphics, Lazer Chassis, Steve’s Studebakers & Terry Hyser’s Hair Salon with product support from: Allstar Performance, Beverage Express-Carlisle, Baker Outlaw Fuel Systems, Beyea Custom Headers, Bulldog Rear Ends, Integra Shocks & Scott Towels.

Prepared & distributed by KRS Graphics Motorsports Media