Hagerstown last week

Discuss Miscellaneous Fendered Car Racing
Shuey21
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Hagerstown last week

Post by Shuey21 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:19 am

I saw a video of Hagerstowns A Main last week and somehow the track was terribly dry? I am baffled by how that happened with the rain and colder temps Saturday. Dan Stone wasnt very happy called Ernie D and his guys a band of idiots.
2015 Count: 50

2016: 20
Lincoln - 4
Port Royal - 5
Williamsgrove - 7
Selinsgrove - 3
Susquehanna - 1

BlueOnBlack21
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Hagerstown last week

Post by BlueOnBlack21 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:04 pm

It was quite windy last saturday dont forget. I thought all things considered we saw some decent racing. Officiating and the flagman now that was a different story. My guess is thats what stone was upset about.

MDposse
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MDposse » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:12 pm

should have seen it last night..took rubber early in the LM feature and was a high speed freight train..that place hasn't seen new clay in so long it's not even funny. I gladly drive away from that place to see racing any chance I get. **** shame..

Sprintcars100
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by Sprintcars100 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:25 pm

Yeap dust in the first set of street stock warm ups. It was somewhat of a daytime show but a slicked off one lane track isn't how you put fans in the stands. From what I herd Winchester was the same way. Seems like track prep really drops off south of the Mason Dixon line. We complain when our sprintcar tracks are garbage by feature time there tracks are like that 2 laps into warmups. It's a shame because I like Hagerstown and Winchester just not into rubber down slick tracks.
Last edited by Sprintcars100 on Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2015 races:
5 Lincoln
2 Hagerstown
5 Williamsgrove
11 Port Royal
14 Path Valley
1 Selinsgrove
1 Susky
1 New Eygpt
1 Kutztown Action Track USA
1 Uttica Rome
1 Kokomo In.
1 Pittsburgh's Pennsylvania Motor Speedway
1 Gas City I 69 In.

Ted
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by Ted » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:50 pm

the bait has been set just waiting :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :cwm4:
Miller time turned to Schlitz time!.
12 out of last 16

psn tag: thefurb1593

wentworth09w
Rookie
Rookie

Post by wentworth09w » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:09 pm

Sprintcars100 wrote:Yeap dust in the first set of street stock warm ups. It was somewhat of a daytime show but a slicked off one lane track isn't how you put fans in the stands. From what I herd Winchester was the same way. Seems like track prep really drops off south of the Mason Dixon line. We complain when our sprintcar tracks are garbage by feature time there tracks are like that 2 laps into warmups. It's a shame because I like Hagerstown and Winchester just not into rubber down slick tracks.
I don't think many drivers enjoy tracks that are WFO like most fans seem to want. If a track is a dust bowl I have a problem with it if the track crew does not react. I was at Winchester last night and while I saw a little dust it certainly wasn't unbearable. It was much worse last week at Hagerstown (I sat in the last row at Hagerstown and had to wear sunglasses because of the dust). The racing certainly wasn't spectacular, but it wasn't bad at all. The LLM race was pretty exciting in fact with the race between Coffey and DeHaven.

To each their own, I can tell you I live in Littlestown a few minutes from Lincoln and I drive all the way to Winchester on most Saturday nights.

Thanks,
Jeff.

Shuey21
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Post by Shuey21 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:57 pm

wentworth09w wrote:
Sprintcars100 wrote:Yeap dust in the first set of street stock warm ups. It was somewhat of a daytime show but a slicked off one lane track isn't how you put fans in the stands. From what I herd Winchester was the same way. Seems like track prep really drops off south of the Mason Dixon line. We complain when our sprintcar tracks are garbage by feature time there tracks are like that 2 laps into warmups. It's a shame because I like Hagerstown and Winchester just not into rubber down slick tracks.
I don't think many drivers enjoy tracks that are WFO like most fans seem to want. If a track is a dust bowl I have a problem with it if the track crew does not react. I was at Winchester last night and while I saw a little dust it certainly wasn't unbearable. It was much worse last week at Hagerstown (I sat in the last row at Hagerstown and had to wear sunglasses because of the dust). The racing certainly wasn't spectacular, but it wasn't bad at all. The LLM race was pretty exciting in fact with the race between Coffey and DeHaven.

To each their own, I can tell you I live in Littlestown a few minutes from Lincoln and I drive all the way to Winchester on most Saturday nights.

Thanks,
Jeff.
Thats cause you like LM though. I will ask this if Lincoln ran Supers with the 410's weekly would you go to Winchester?

Lincoln - 4
Port Royal - 5
Williamsgrove - 7
Selinsgrove - 3
Susquehanna - 1

wentworth09w
Rookie
Rookie

Post by wentworth09w » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:16 pm

Shuey21 wrote:
wentworth09w wrote:

Thanks,
Jeff.
Thats cause you like LM though. I will ask this if Lincoln ran Supers with the 410's weekly would you go to Winchester?
Good point, I would probably buy a season ticket at Lincoln if that were the case. I would still attend Winchester when possible though, I really enjoy the track and like the city/town a lot too (as does my wife).

Thanks,
Jeff.

MDposse
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MDposse » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:46 pm

didn't ask for it to be WFO or even close, but when a track takes rubber the 2nd week of the season, that's just a lack of effort and a waste of 15 bucks. I was with a group of 8 that would have been at Lincoln had they raced, but we all enjoy racing, it's just a shame we didn't see any last night.

Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by 4600 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:40 pm

Come to Port Royal this Saturday night I'm sure you will see a good field of cars with Selinsgrove not running.

Shuey21
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Post by Shuey21 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:43 pm

4600 wrote:Come to Port Royal this Saturday night I'm sure you will see a good field of cars with Selinsgrove not running.
Will be there :bdf: I know we'll see a good track there :thumbright:

Lincoln - 4
Port Royal - 5
Williamsgrove - 7
Selinsgrove - 3
Susquehanna - 1

Sprintcars100
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by Sprintcars100 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:15 pm

wentworth09w wrote:

Thanks,
Jeff.

I live 15 minutes north of Hagerstown and drive an hour and a half to lincoln or port weekly. I'm not saying they need a wide open super heavy track but not something that's packed hard as a rock and looks like a 50 lap feature was run after hot laps are complete. Hagerstown wasn't always like this. I can remember going there in middle school with a friend for a lot of there regular shows and watching guys run the cushion picking the left front up. There really isn't much clay left on the track so they pack it hard as a rock so it all does fling off.
2015 races:
5 Lincoln
2 Hagerstown
5 Williamsgrove
11 Port Royal
14 Path Valley
1 Selinsgrove
1 Susky
1 New Eygpt
1 Kutztown Action Track USA
1 Uttica Rome
1 Kokomo In.
1 Pittsburgh's Pennsylvania Motor Speedway
1 Gas City I 69 In.

Sprint 76
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by Sprint 76 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:10 pm

4600 wrote:Come to Port Royal this Saturday night I'm sure you will see a good field of cars with Selinsgrove not running.
Plus you won't find a better prepared track!

longtimefan
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by longtimefan » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:02 am

Forecast high temp for Sat. in the high 30's with over night in the low 20's If Port runs I will be there but I am not counting on it.

wentworth09w
Rookie
Rookie

Post by wentworth09w » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:09 am

longtimefan wrote:Forecast high temp for Sat. in the high 30's with over night in the low 20's If Port runs I will be there but I am not counting on it.
I'll be back at Winchester, they are forecasted at high 40s which are much more manageable. Although I do predict that temperature will not make my wife very interested in going.

Thanks,
Jeff.