AMS Vs. Colonial Clash

Discuss Miscellaneous Fendered Car Racing
wentworth09w
Rookie
Rookie

AMS Vs. Colonial Clash

Post by wentworth09w » Thu May 05, 2016 10:13 am

There is a pretty interesting discussion going on over on 4m about the car counts/support for each mini series as they are running against each other.

For those unaware.

LM Speedweek is running from June 3 - 12 at Bedford, Port Royal, Path Valley, Hesston, Hesston, Hagerstown and Selinsgrove.
Ultimate Colonial Clash is running from June 2 - 5 at Georgetown, Potomac, VMS and Winchester.

As I said on 4m, I expect the car counts to be a lot better for the AMS while I expect most of the heavy hitters like Covert, Satterlee, etc to be running with Ultimate Series.

Your thoughts?

pajamie
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Re: AMS Vs. Colonial Clash

Post by pajamie » Thu May 05, 2016 12:49 pm

I think it will help AMS.. Gets the heavy hitters out of here and lets more locals to race and make the features.. Kinda why the local support of the series dropped off after the 2nd year in my opinion..

Shuey21
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Post by Shuey21 » Thu May 05, 2016 6:48 pm

I agree car counts will be up for AMS and good to see locals will have a good shot at the first batch of races until some of the heavy hitters come back starting at Hesston.
2015 Count: 50

2016: 20
Lincoln - 4
Port Royal - 5
Williamsgrove - 7
Selinsgrove - 3
Susquehanna - 1

wentworth09w
Rookie
Rookie

Post by wentworth09w » Fri May 06, 2016 11:04 am

Its always great to see the local guys battle it out, especially when it is a combination of the best locals from all the area tracks. I always think it is great to see Hagerstown cars run well at Port, or vice versa. I have to say though the race I'm most looking forward to is Path Valley. That should be an outstanding show!

bowler4life223
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bowler4life223 » Wed May 25, 2016 9:38 am

i think it sucks, heavy hitters? covert satterlee and the others are heavy hitters but they are also locals, ill be back and forth, probably hit bedford friday head down to vms saturday then back to path valley sunday. if peope would work together this could be a week long series again with the other 4 tracks included, if you want the heavy hitters gone you must have a late model and are afraid of competition

pajamie
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by pajamie » Thu May 26, 2016 1:01 pm

Yeah cause the racing is just gonna suck without any big named drivers there.. :roll:

JJMITCH
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by JJMITCH » Thu May 26, 2016 5:17 pm

Looks like a lot of the bigger name drivers like Austin Hubbard are going to do both, start the week off with the Clash and then go on to run the rest of AMS, seems like a win win to me.