Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NHRA - Englishtown
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 6:05 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Thinkin about headin to Englishtown, is it good drag strip to attend?

Post subject: Re: NHRA - Englishtown
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 6:12 pm 
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

E-town is a nice strip. Make sure you have your walking shoes. The pits are on both sides of the track. Make sure you arrive early. There is one main road into the track and traffic really backs up. They have some very good seats right by the starting line. The cars come out of the tunnel under the VIP suites. This allows the grandstands to be right at the starting line.

Do you have the directions? It is not the easiest place to find. You drive through miles of expensive homes and suddenly there is the track.

If you need any more info let me know. Hopefully this year security will have their act together. Last year they were routing cars all over the place. I think I saw every inch of the place due to secutiry sending cars to the wrong place. Steve Bubb

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 8:31 am 
Crew Member
Crew Member

It can be wet at times. Back when I attended I can remember many years the race being called because of water seeping up through the racing surface making for unsafe conditions. If the weather is right it can be a mineshaft. Friday evening Pro qualifying is a must see.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 2:22 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

RT88 wrote:
E-town is a nice strip. Make sure you have your walking shoes. The pits are on both sides of the track. Make sure you arrive early. There is one main road into the track and traffic really backs up. They have some very good seats right by the starting line. The cars come out of the tunnel under the VIP suites. This allows the grandstands to be right at the starting line.

Do you have the directions? It is not the easiest place to find. You drive through miles of expensive homes and suddenly there is the track.

If you need any more info let me know. Hopefully this year security will have their act together. Last year they were routing cars all over the place. I think I saw every inch of the place due to secutiry sending cars to the wrong place. Steve Bubb

I was just going to use GPS. I think that should work?

Thanks for the info! Were tryin to hit one track every year other then Maple Grove. Bristol next year!

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 6:05 pm 
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

The GPS will get you there. When you get to the very northern end of Englishtown you will turn tight. There are no signs marking how to get to the track. As soon as you make the right you will make a quick turn to the left. That left turn comes up real quick.

After you clear all the housing developments, the fan gate is the final one. I think it is marked gate 4. You will go by several gates but the last one is the entrance for spectators.

The motorcycle and pro stock pits are on the right side of the track with the nitro cars over on the left side of the strip. Pits are really spread out and it takes some walking.

If you stay over night there is a Red Roof Inn in Monmouth Junction that does not seem to know there is a race. While most of the hotels jack up their costs, this one is really cheap. I stay there every year. it is about 20 minutes from the track.

Have fun at E-town - Steve Bubb

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:50 pm 
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

I just looked over the entry list for Englishtown. All classes have full fields. Often Etown is light in a classs or two. If I remember right Top Fuel has the slimmest class and they have a full field at 18.

Alky Funny Car has a outstanding list of drivers. Some of the big dogs from around the nation and Canada are taking a shot at Manzo.

Hoping the weather is great all weekend. Etown is also a great place to celebrity hunt. You never know who is going to turn up with the track being so close to New York City. Steve Bubb

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:27 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Thanks for all the info, Steve. I had a GREAT time!!