Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Maple Grove update
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:19 am 
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Yes the majority of sportsman racing is postponed until next week. There is no down time, except for the usual oildowns and alky cars taking out timing cones, as NHRA has made changes to the schedule. The show was over by 7:20 last night.

Notes so far. Melanie is out of the Pro care Funny Car and Leah Pruett is the new driver. Leah has not gotten the car down the track. Melanie is at the track but has no ride.

Matt Hagan just missed going under 4 seconds again. He said he was trying for it. He did joke that maybe he will be fired for not getting the car under four seconds.

Despite the cool conditions, Pro Stock Motorcycle driver Eddie Krawiec does not feel there will be a 200 mph pass in motorcycle. While the temperatures are ideal the water grains are up. Krawiec feels there will need to be a tail wind for a 200 pass.

Teammates Jason Line and Greg Anderson went side by side in their pass and ended with a tie. Funny thing is Bob Frey said before hand he thought they might tie.

Courtney Force is with her dad leading to some wondering if she will be testing on Monday. In the past Force has done testing at Maple Grove.

So far parking is okay but who knows with this crazy weather. Sunday should be okay although the temperatures will be very cool. Depending on the water grains, nitro could be hitting some big numbers.

Post subject: Re: Maple Grove update
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:43 am 
Pit Member
Pit Member

Melanie Troxel is still with the R2B2 team. According to NHRA news reports, this right now is just a 1 race deal for Leah Pruett. Melanie was on the starting line watching Leah run her car.

Larry Morgan also said after his run that they didn't pick up as expected in that last session after watching the bikes. No improvements in the qualifying order for either PS class, but the fuel cars certainly did! Nice passes by Antron Brown (3.78 @ 322) & Larry Dixon. Both of their runs were in the right lane.

Tony Schumacher & Spencer Massey were on great passes last night until about 1/2 track. Both runs were aborted almost identically back to back, and were in the left lane.

Path Valley - 2 and done for 2014
Williams Grove - 5
Maple Grove - 1 and done for 2014

https://www.facebook.com/brettroseracingengines
Finish Line columnist for The Journal-News Martinsburg,WV

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:08 am 
Pit Member
Pit Member

:thinking: ... Saturday was one of a kind @ Reading if you are a drag freak :thumbright:

I Challenge anyone to give an example of a program that the government has managed efficiently and/or cheaper than the private sector. Please no enactments, laws or statutes.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:50 pm 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

I talked to Courtney on Friday night and she said they have done quite a bit of testing so far. No mention of doing some there. They do have next weekend off. They are working real hard to get ready for next year. She hinted about Pomona this year. I got all 8 legends to sign a floater disc and poster. It was worth the 2 hour wait. Melanie will be back at it next race. Shirley Muldowny said she is trying to get sponsership for a team with a lady driver. More to be revealed on that. I talked to Bruce Larson who was recalling some good times with Maynard Yingst. A little on the chilly side but I'll trade that for the times they were running.