Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fans, Sponsors & Drivers
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:11 pm 
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

What would we do without any of them.

For those that missed it, Fan Appreciation Night at Selingrove Speedway was a great success.

The fans turned out in droves for the event as the place was packed. i may be prejudiced but the selinsgrove fans really seem to appreciate the effort put in by the track, sponsors and drivers.

i lost track of all the prizes that were given out but they were plentiful and $$$. i know there were several (at least 4) $300 gift cards and 4 Wii or XBox game systems and there were plenty more prizes given out. many thanks to Jeff & Kathy Kurtz who spearheaded the effort for the 3rd year, along with anyone else that had a hand in it.

the drivers had a great turnout at the autograph session with over 20 taking time out of their pre-race time to mingle with the fans.

lastly, two things that need special note from the night...the evenings sponsor paid the pit entry fee for all the drivers that particiapated in the autograph sesson and then the drivers got together and donated the money back to be drawn as 2nd and 3rd prizes off the 50/50 tickets.

again a great night for everyone at Selinsgrove Speedway.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:30 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Jeff and Kathy are great people! :clap: I didn't even mind seing Rine win again Saturday night. :laughing7: I was hoping for a caution though to see if Trevitz had anything for him.

I see Jeff's Auto body and Recycling is also on the wing of the 23m sprint car. :clap: