live from maple grove

Discuss Miscellaneous Racing
RT88
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Re: live from maple grove

Post by RT88 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:40 pm

Round two top fuel done and it was wicked fast. Advancing on is Schumacher, Kalitta, Force and Massey. Brittany had a big engine explosion at the finish line check it out tonight on tv. We are down for clean up

RT88
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Post by RT88 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:08 pm

Round two funny car in two winners from right side, two from the left. Winners are Johnson, Arend, DeJoria and Hagan. Major engine change in Brittany Force pit

RT88
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Post by RT88 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:15 pm

Round two of pro stock winners

Anderson, Brogdon, Johnson on hole shot over Nobile and Enders

A quick check of points has Hagan 24 behind john force

RT88
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Post by RT88 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:21 pm

Pollacheck cuts a .002 rt to thump Savoie in pro bike. Smith, Hines and krawiec move on

RT88
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Post by RT88 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:31 pm

Brittany Force wins easily with her new engine. Schumacher doubles up Kalitta on the tree to win by four thousands on a hole shot. Force has lane choice.

Hagan tops Dejoria by three thousands on a hole shot. Arend red lights and Johnson breaks. Hagan with lane choice and he takes ovrr the point lead.

RT88
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Post by RT88 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:48 pm

Strange semi in pro stock and pro stock bike
Greg Anderson is doing his burn out and something in the bottom end breaks sending Brogdon to the final. In the next race Allen Johnson has a perfect reaction time and beats Erica.

in pro bike Krawiec is a winner. Next race Hines breaks ten yards off the tree and Pollacheck is in the final.

Johnson and Krawieck have lane choice.

RT88
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Post by RT88 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:50 am

A follow up to Sunday's action. Matt Hagan came up to the press room and had a great line about his big explosion in the final. If you have not seen it I am sure it is out on the web. He said the ride was like having someone drop a small stick of dynamite in your lap and saying good luck. As he was talking the smell of the fire was still strong coming off his uniform.

I had a great talk with Angelle Sampey Saturday night. She is near closing a fulltime deal for next year. Sampey has several sponsors in line and is looking for a few more dollars to close the deal. She will be riding with George Bryce. Although she is married and her name is now Angelle Sampey Drago she wants to known at the races as Angelle Sampey.

Tony Schumacher sent Brittany Force to another second place. He said down in the turn off she walked up to him and said she really wanted that first win. Tony remarked he hopes he is never in that position again of denying someone like Brittany her first win. He is hoping he does not have to face her in another final until she does win her first. He talked about his big race with doug Kalitta. He said Kalitta rolled in real shallow and flickered the bulb. When he saw the bulb flicker Schumacher took a shot at the tree hoping for a quick light. The move work and he beat Doug on a hole shot.

Brittany's explosion in round two was so hard it shook the pressroom windows. That was one heck of a thud.

Eddie Krawiec said that he believes something electrical caused Andrew Hines' bike to break at the starting line. The computer read out showed some strange readings that point towards electrical. He said is flying home and heading right into the shop to figure out the electrical issue.

NHRA sending Erica Enders Stevens' car to the barn caught the attention of many. She was so much faster than everyone else NHRA decided it was time to take a look. The car passed the inspection. Her loss to Allen Johnson was a battle of the tree. We noticed she rolled in real shallow and used it to take a shot at the tree. Allen Johnson also took a shot and he won. He cut a perfect reaction time of .000 to Enders' quick .011. That was the race.

Dave Connolly moves out of pro stock next year and into Bob Vandergriff's top fuel car. Vandergriff will field a two car team.

The Matt Smith - Hector Arana Jr. battle on the starting line was epic. Smith quickly rolled in but Arana adjusted every piece of equipment and took a long time to head in. Smith was fuming, staring at Arana. Several times Smith lifted his visor and it was apparent he had some choice words heading over to the other lane.

Bernie Lomax
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by Bernie Lomax » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:13 pm

Hagan's explosion was pretty big, but he was the class of the Funny Cars all Sunday. There was a never a doubt in my mind he'd take it. On the Top Fuel side of things I was pulling for Brittany to get her first win, but Schumacher was just too strong. His race against Kalitta in the semis was awesome. It'll take a miracle for Tony not to pick the championship this year as he's seven rounds up with eight to go. All in all, I had a blast Sunday. I wish the wind would have stayed a little lighter though. It seemed when the wind died down and the sun came out, it was nice and warm, but any other time I needed to wear my jacket.

RacerRose
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by RacerRose » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:21 pm

Steve,

It was a pleasure meeting you on Friday, and nice to talk a little dirt racing at the dragstrip.
That was my first experience in the tower at Maple Grove, although it was my 30th straight year attending. I plan on making it back into the full weekend again. I'll still sneak down to the WGNO on Saturday night if they stay scheduled the same weekend!

Brett Rose
2015 Race Counter
Hagerstown - 18
Winchester - 5
Williams Grove - 9
Lincoln - 3
Port Royal - 1
Susquehanna - 0
Path Valley - 1
Trail Way - 0
MIR - 1
Maple Grove - 1