Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Question about DTRSC ...
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:18 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

I just bought Dirt Track Racing: Sprint Cars and when my son or I try to play it - it is so "jumpy" that it is next to impossible to play the game.

Why is that? Is there something I can do to keep it from being "jumpy"?

What I mean by "jumpy" is - it is almost like playing the game, one frame at a time - only in "fast mode" - I hope that helps.

BTW - I also have DTR (stocks, late models, etc.) and that game plays fine and runs smooth and is clear as can be - no problems with this one - just DTRSC.

I had DTRSC many years ago (lost it in a house fire) and I do not remember the game being "jumpy" like it is now. I bought this one off of Ebay (brand new disk through a company called "ThumbMonkey").

If anyone can give me some helpful advise I would surely appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

Isaiah 40:31 But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Keep On, Keepin' On..and Keep it on the dirt!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:55 am 
Rookie
Rookie

If your runing it on a newer pc might be the the problem also I went to a new pc back in feb. No of the rat bag games work I am guessing it has to do with the new video cards because I stayed XP pro on my system I can still run dtr 2 and sprint cars 2002 but they are more like ps2 games.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:22 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

My pc is 4 years old and my operating system is Windows XP - Home Edition - Version 5.1 - on a Compaq Presario PC with a mfg date of 04/14/2004. I doubt that info is very helpful but I figured I mention it.

When I had the game previously I think I was using Windows ME, but I don't remember much else about the pc I was using - but the DTRSC game worked perfectly on that.

A neighbor suggested that I might be closing in on my memory usage so I checked that and I have plenty of available memory left yet. Fact is, I am only currently using 13,198,876,672 (12.2 GB) out of the 75,881,590,784 (70.6 GB) that is available, so I don't see that as being the problem :dontknow:

I've tried changing the resolution and even tried an uninstall / re-install of the game, and so far nothing has worked. The game (DTRSC) is still "jittery" and "jumpy" and virtually impossible to play. Play it for more than 5 minutes and it starts to give you a headache (not to mention hard on the eyes).

I haven't had much time to do a Google Search for game patches yet, but it looks like I am going to have to do that sometime over the weekend. Maybe one of the patches will fix the problem.

I still don't understand why my DTR game plays fine - but the DTRSC game doesn't. Even though the DTRSC game is new and the disk appears to be flawless - could there possibly be a problem with the game disk itself that you cannot see visually ?? :dontknow:

Anyhow, Thanks for the information you all offered me so far - I appreciate that.

Keep me posted if anyone can think of anything else.

Isaiah 40:31 But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:35 pm 
Waht option do you choose when you first start the game? There should be a box that comes up and you can choose one of many. I found out to mess around with that and that may fix your problem.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:34 am 
That sounds like a VIDEO CARD PROBLEM to me. I had that at one time when the game first came out. With the help of Andrew Rucker it was figured out. Just research your video card and update the drivers and everything you can for it. Also the setting on your screen MIGHT play into this but I doult that it's that. I would lean towards more to the VIDEO CARD and drivers.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:33 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Thanks to all of you who have been trying to help me with the issue's I am having with the DTRSC game. I changed the Graphics Driver option (in the start up screen - like RedLine suggested) from "Autodetect" to the "Direct 3D" option and that has helped the problem somewhat.

It hasn't fixed it totally, but at least the game is better (and playable) - but if anyone has anymore suggestions on anything else I can try, please continue to post them.

Now, and please forgive me for asking so many questions, but in my search on how to make the game work properly I have been seeing a lot of talk about "car skins". I've looked at many of them and like a lot of them.

My Question: How do you install "car skins" in the game and make them applicable so that you can actually use them in the game?