Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:13 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 592 posts ]  Go to page Previous 136 37 38 39 40 Next
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 6:33 pm 
downloading the game now!! :broccoli: :pinkelephant:

my name is ltff2035 cant wait to get off work tomorrow and play

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 8:18 pm 
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Racing wrote:
I've been playing a ton...Really fun racing online.. I've noitced a few glitches while playing
- Theres time when the race is over it says DNF by someones name on there (It's said it by mine a few times and I even finished) so not sure why it is doing that.
- There are times when I pass someone and it doesn't change the spot
- I thought there leaderboard was suppose to go across the top of the screen with running postions? If so it doesn't only says the leader and fast lap, and hard charger.
-When someone leaves the game the game glitches a little (kinda screws me up when it does that)

I've only done 1 race in my carrer mode and domianted the field twice. Can you do more then 1 season?????

Overall I do like the game but I some suggestions what I would like to see and some fixed.
-When racing online it is always during the day how about the opition to race at night also?
-More Tracks eventually would be nice
-Ghost the cars that like to go around backwards or the ones sitting in the middle of the track
-Opitons to run more people in a race online
-Private servers where if you just want to race with a few buddies and no one else it's possible
- Please fix the glitches I listed above
- Control your own car before the start (you start out wiggly and messes me up sometimes)
- Option to adjust your car online mode.
- More damage effects

These are just some of my suggestions for the game.

You can do private online sessions already. Leaderboard doesnt go across top, just fast time and leader.

Williamsgrove - 15
Port Royal - 8
Path Valley - 1
Hagerstown - 1
McKean County - 1

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:15 am 
Rookie
Rookie

I finally got the game 2 work last nite when I got off work... I was online all day during work looking for a solution an what I was told was when the server gets busy you could lose your connection for a split second while download is in progress an that's when the data becomes corrupt. An you don't know it untill the install process..

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:19 am 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Wait a minute??? The leaderboards get their times from career and arcade modes??? Are you talking about the leaderboards that you access from the multiplayer screen?? :thinking:

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:41 am 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

That CANT be right.. I havent even raced on career OR arcade mode.. These times have to be from multiplayer racing.. I fired up the game and hopped right online.. I raced a hanful of races and was leading a bunch of them for a while.. He must be mistaken

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 2:39 pm 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

I would def double check that fodder... Like I said, I was online as soon as the game installed and racing.. After about 6 races I felt the need to see my name near the top of the leaderboards lol. I looked and I had time there for all the tracks but the 3 the hosts hadnt picked.. I had times recorded for all the others,,.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 2:49 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

Game is very good guys, Williams Grove is weird though. Definatley shouldn't be that banked in the turns.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 3:17 pm 
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

It is soooo much fun riding the rim around turns 3 and 4 and Lernerville.

2011: 21
2010: 28

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 7:31 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

RossSymons wrote:
checkered flag 11 wrote:
i actually thought the ps3 version would be better. the only thing better is the minor adjustments! game play is the same as 360 and some of the tracks, i dunno where they got the model from! oh well better luck next time!

There are a lot of fixes, the most obvious being the leaderboards, and the frame rate is locked to never drop below 30fps.

We took camera reference for the tracks and feedback from drivers who have driven the tracks, as well as diagrams from the owners of the tracks and all track owners had final approval/clearance of the models. We do have as many emails from drivers saying how true the tracks are as we do from people saying that they are out. That said, this is the first version so there are bound to be some errors - if you or have suggestions on fixes for the tracks please post them and we'll certainly look into it.

Game is very good, just would like to see Williams Grove be better, the banking in the turns needs lowered big time, other than that the track is good.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 8:19 am 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

What happens if you get and install error?do you have to spend another $20 or wil it redownload? cause i'm gonna download it on monday

Thanks

Alan

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 8:24 am 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

pauchfan1 wrote:
What happens if you get and install error?do you have to spend another $20 or wil it redownload? cause i'm gonna download it on monday

Thanks

Alan

Alan you will be able to just redownload it from the store without any extra charges.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 8:26 am 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

ok i will cross that bridge when i get there :laughing7: was just wondering what you have to do if it happens this is my first time downloading with the ps3 so i am new with this stuff

Thanks

Alan

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:23 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

fodder wrote:
Hi.

We've been asked a few questions about the game, so I thought I would post the replies here....

No upgraded parts carry over to the multiplayer game (online or offline), these affect Arcade and Career only.

Tuning does however carry over to the multiplayer game.

The Leaderboards get their times from Arcade, Career races and Multiplayer races. Play through the career to unlock new parts, buy them, tune to your liking and set your fasted time!

Tuning is on a per track basis. e.g. If you change the settings for Knoxville, it wont effect Williams Grove.

Your tuning setup is saved as part of your profile.

One other thing, I was wondering if I could get 7 volunteers with the ps3 version of the game and headsets to help me track down a bug (a headset is needed so you can tell me if you get the bug to happen). If you can help me tomorrow night (Thursday night), please PM me with your PSN tag and I'll get back to you. It won't take more than 20 minutes hopefully and you can help me make the game even better!

Thanks

David May
Lead Programmer
Big Ant Studios

[EDIT]: Got a fact about leaderboard times wrong so updated.

I can help you test Fodder, been playing the game alot and found a few bugs..

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 8:56 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Just ran three laps at Eldora and it only counted one, a 44 second lap. The online scoring needs fixed big time.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 9:28 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

New league starting up soon :thumbright: Here's the site link if you're interested in racing sign-up in the forums. http://onlineoutlawsracingseries.webs.com/

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 592 posts ]  Go to page Previous 136 37 38 39 40 Next