Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:35 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Re: Dear Big Ant
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 11:31 am 
i agree with the swirving, thats dumb. WTF did you guys do to the Grove? what is with the dirt mounds along the rails and what is up with the frieking mountains in the turns? do outlaw fans really dislike us here in PA that much? How comes Ed Lynch head to head isnt at learnerville and how comes everyone from PA on this game are slow?

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 10:00 am 
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

not to mention the 6 hours it took to download... :thumbleft:

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 10:16 am 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Another time glitch is at Silver Dollar...this happened both times onine only.. Usually times are around 11.8-11.4 I think.. I saw two different people have a time like 9.66 or something lol.. I dont remember falling behind by 2 secs in any lap lol..

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 1:25 pm 
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Whatever they did to the Grove, I like it better then the 2002 version. At least at this Grove, you can pass. The 2002 version was beyond boring.

2011: 21
2010: 28

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 1:31 pm 
Legend
Legend

See now I feel the exact opposite. I liked the 2002 game more then the new one. :dontknow:

My personal feelings are the new game sucks. I played it for about 3 days and have not played it since. :dontknow:

2014 race count

Williams Grove-6
Lincoln- 21
Trail Way -15
Port - 1

40 races in 2013
50 races in 2012.
56 races in 2011.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 1:41 pm 
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

As a whole, I like the 2002 version better. I was just speaking about the Grove.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 1:56 pm 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

I like the new one so much better simply b/c of the online play.. Once you have won the championship so many times against the terrible AI on the 02 game it gets boring.. The online play is awesome when you get the right group of people. I think this game has a lot of potential and can only get better. Yes, it has its flaws but is a great leap in graphics, handling characteristics, track degredation, etc.. The potential is there.. I really enjoy the way the car handles on most tracks(except the Grove) lol.. Cant wait for future enhancements.. :cheers2:

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 2:37 pm 
Legend
Legend

See I disagree with you on that as well. I can't stand the way the car handles. It might just be me, but I can't keep the car from spinning no matter what I do.

For me, I will keep playing the old game. When I have more time I will go through and list all the things I don't like about the new game.

2014 race count

Williams Grove-6
Lincoln- 21
Trail Way -15
Port - 1

40 races in 2013
50 races in 2012.
56 races in 2011.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 4:13 pm 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

I believe that the cars handle more like a sprint car should.. I remember many tracks on the 2002 game that I NEVER had to turn right through the turns... Many of the tracks were so easy it was like racing a NASCRAP game.. Dont get me wrong, I played the crap out of that game but I think this game you at least have to steer the car to the right to make it get through the turns without turning it around.. It took me about two weeks but I rarely EVER spin out on my own anymore and this is with all stock setups. In fact, I dont know if its me or they tweakes the cars a little but I find it easier to drive them on PS3 than on Xbox.. Dont give up on it.. You will get it..

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 7:22 pm 
this my favorite racing game by far, I only play online and have not messed with setups at all. I win some races on the last lap, dominated some races, and got spanked on some races. I think the game is good, my only complaint would be the cars that dont move on online play. They always seam to be right on my line and sometimes are in first and never know where there to see how hard i have to drive the car. What causes that, and is there any way to prevent this?

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 7:54 pm 
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

I know this has been mentioned. But wouldn't a changeable difficulty solve the problem of being too easy or too hard?

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 8:32 am 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

RossSymons wrote:
It is very hard to balance between the comments that people cannot control the car as opposed to comments that the game is too easy?! (If you read reviews we get "caned" for being too hard...)

It is so hard to please all comers... and this game needs to be a little broader than the traditional audience otherwise the budgets to make the game won't be made available to us. The objectives of this release, as given to us, were:

1) Authentic Elements (laps, format, race names, purses, etc.) without being a SIM
2) Something for (almost) Everyone (easy enough for a kid who has never seen a Sprint Car with the ability to dial it up for the experienced gamer and
3) It had to be noticably better than than the previous Sprint Car Titles

We are listening, we are racing online with you all (albeit quite poorly compared to you guys! :) ), and I think we are more accessible than any other games company in the world. If sales hold up then we will be able to do a lot more and use this as at least a very stable base to build on from here.

Cheers,

Ross.

See that 420?? Even kids can race these in a straight line :poking: :dontknow: :cwm4: :laughing7:

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 8:46 am 
Legend
Legend

:doh: I agree Ross which was one of the reasons I choose not to say anything for so long. The game was not made just for me, and just because I did not like it does not mean it is not a good game. It is just a game that I did not enjoy playing.

2014 race count

Williams Grove-6
Lincoln- 21
Trail Way -15
Port - 1

40 races in 2013
50 races in 2012.
56 races in 2011.

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 6:14 pm 
Hear any numbers on sales yet?

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 1:37 am 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

any word on a patch to fix problems with the online? Seems when you get into a full room, you could be running in the lead way out front, and next thing ya know you're in 8th place... kinda annoying... but overall a fun game to play, at least we have something newer that looks good and hopefully we get a late model add on to it lol