It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Dear Big Ant
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 10:15 am 
Crew Member
Crew Member

Dirt n Beer wrote:
RossSymons wrote:
It is very hard to balance between the comments that people cannot control the car as opposed to comments that the game is too easy?! (If you read reviews we get "caned" for being too hard...)

It is so hard to please all comers... and this game needs to be a little broader than the traditional audience otherwise the budgets to make the game won't be made available to us. The objectives of this release, as given to us, were:

1) Authentic Elements (laps, format, race names, purses, etc.) without being a SIM
2) Something for (almost) Everyone (easy enough for a kid who has never seen a Sprint Car with the ability to dial it up for the experienced gamer and
3) It had to be noticably better than than the previous Sprint Car Titles

We are listening, we are racing online with you all (albeit quite poorly compared to you guys! :) ), and I think we are more accessible than any other games company in the world. If sales hold up then we will be able to do a lot more and use this as at least a very stable base to build on from here.

Cheers,

Ross.

See that 420?? Even kids can race these in a straight line :poking: :dontknow: :cwm4: :laughing7:

420 needs a 358...

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 3:12 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Dirt n Beer wrote:
I like the new one so much better simply b/c of the online play.. Once you have won the championship so many times against the terrible AI on the 02 game it gets boring.. The online play is awesome when you get the right group of people. I think this game has a lot of potential and can only get better. Yes, it has its flaws but is a great leap in graphics, handling characteristics, track degredation, etc.. The potential is there.. I really enjoy the way the car handles on most tracks(except the Grove) lol.. Cant wait for future enhancements.. :cheers2:

The AI has to be worse on the new game...your not gonna start dead last and win by 2 laps on the 2002 game. Well, if you play against the Outlaws anyway....I still have alot of fun playin career mode on the 02 game :mrgreen: the only thing that I like more on the new game is online play :thumbleft: overall im pretty indifferent between the 2, I love both games, but considering the last 2 sprint car games, the newest one is awesome :redpepper:

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 4:10 pm 
Legend
Legend

Mike Zortman wrote:
Dirt n Beer wrote:
See that 420?? Even kids can race these in a straight line :poking: :dontknow: :cwm4: :laughing7:

420 needs a 358...

Mike you might be on to something there. :handoverhead:

2014 race count

Williams Grove-4
Lincoln- 19
Trail Way -15
Port - 1

40 races in 2013
50 races in 2012.
56 races in 2011.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:29 am 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Mike Zortman wrote:
Dirt n Beer wrote:

420 needs a 358...

hahahahaha that kid is a freakin obstacle.

Lincoln - 1
Indiana Sprint Week!!
Gas City - 1
Kokomo - 1
Lawrenceburg - 1
Terre Haute - 1
Lincoln Park - 1
Bloomington - 1
Tri-State - 1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:29 am 
Legend
Legend

:thinking: :dontknow:

2014 race count

Williams Grove-4
Lincoln- 19
Trail Way -15
Port - 1

40 races in 2013
50 races in 2012.
56 races in 2011.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:26 pm 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

outside n flyin wrote:
Mike Zortman wrote:
Dirt n Beer wrote:

420 needs a 358...

hahahahaha that kid is a freakin obstacle.

:lame:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:14 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Hey Ross, this crossrivals. Im the administrator for RCOOP's 360 league. Like to start off with, i think the game is great. Now dont get me wrong, there are some issues, but it seems everyone has nailed them on the head in previous posts. Good to know you guys listen to the people who play.From my experience with this game and our league, there is a great community among us, and I have enjoyed new frienships with people i would have never of met before this game, actually alot of us have met up at tracks already and seems a bunch of us are gonna meet up at Eldora next week for the Dream, and for that we Thank You. We have been racing Nascar alot and in the past few weeks we have convinced at least 80 to 100 people to go out and Buy this game, which they have, and we've helped them get a handle on Dirt rack Racing. Keep doing what your doing, cant wait to see more games in the future and we will continue to advertise to help with future expenses to make the game even better. Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:07 am 
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

Ross only thing i dont care for is lag online but we have a great ps3 league that pays top points guy and we have a blast at it. Ross look me up on ps3 delljr.

Lincoln-6
Grove-2
S-Grove-1
Susky-1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:04 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Thanks for the update Ross. Is much appreciated. Keep us updated, as we are still recruiting new people to the game every day.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:06 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

RossSymons wrote:
crossrivals wrote:
Hey Ross, this crossrivals. Im the administrator for RCOOP's 360 league. Like to start off with, i think the game is great. Now dont get me wrong, there are some issues, but it seems everyone has nailed them on the head in previous posts. Good to know you guys listen to the people who play.From my experience with this game and our league, there is a great community among us, and I have enjoyed new frienships with people i would have never of met before this game, actually alot of us have met up at tracks already and seems a bunch of us are gonna meet up at Eldora next week for the Dream, and for that we Thank You. We have been racing Nascar alot and in the past few weeks we have convinced at least 80 to 100 people to go out and Buy this game, which they have, and we've helped them get a handle on Dirt rack Racing. Keep doing what your doing, cant wait to see more games in the future and we will continue to advertise to help with future expenses to make the game even better. Thanks

Thanks for the kind words, and help promoting the game. I will share your comments with the team here. We do have a lot of fixes in place for both platforms, we just need to work out with MS/Sony when we can get them hosted.

I have to say that in all honesty that the sales haven't been what would have been expected, I am trying to work out if it is because many people in the USA haven't upgraded their PS2's to PS3/Xbox360, maybe people don't want to buy the PS3 version because it's online? In any case, we want to make more games, improving on this one and adding classes.

I think its because its not on disc and you have to buy it in the PSN store JMO. :dontknow:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:05 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

I have to say that in all honesty that the sales haven't been what would have been expected, I am trying to work out if it is because many people in the USA haven't upgraded their PS2's to PS3/Xbox360, maybe people don't want to buy the PS3 version because it's online? In any case, we want to make more games, improving on this one and adding classes.

I have a PS3 I did not buy game because it is only online.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:46 am 
Ross, I would really like to see realistic damage online. Maybe that would teach some of the guys on there how to pass instead of running you into the outside wall as hard as they can as they try to get by you.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:51 pm 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Awseome!!!!! :clap: :redpepper: :bananadance: :redpepper: :dance:

Lincoln - 1
Indiana Sprint Week!!
Gas City - 1
Kokomo - 1
Lawrenceburg - 1
Terre Haute - 1
Lincoln Park - 1
Bloomington - 1
Tri-State - 1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:14 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

Turtle1225 wrote:
Ross, I would really like to see realistic damage online. Maybe that would teach some of the guys on there how to pass instead of running you into the outside wall as hard as they can as they try to get by you.

I try to race clean, but some of these guys just slam you with no regard at all for trying to race cleanly. Most guys just slam you at the start without even making an attempt to make a clean pass. By the time you get straightened out and get going again, they are gone. Other than that, I love the game.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:44 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Join a League, their are a bunch out there. In ours we use driver honesty, and call out cautions if more than 1 car wreck. You still have a little bangin, but that's racing