Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:36 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

racehead wrote:
mudclods wrote:
Yeah and don't forget the Grove & Lincoln pay their 410s $3,000 to-win. Selinsgrove doesn't pay that for their Late Models.

And your point is?????? That made no sense. Your comparing apples to onions there.

My point was people then automatically wanting the Grove and Lincoln to raise their purse for the 358s. At Selinsgrove the 358s are the top billing with the Late Models that race for no where the purse the Grove and Lincoln pays out for the 410s.

Anyways that's great news for the 358 Sprints. There are a lot of 410 drivers that would like to race for that money!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:38 pm 
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

How much is "a lot more" when it comes to Limcoln getting more 358's then Selinsgrove???

Keep in mind the 358's at Selinsgrove are the headlining sprint division but not the case at the other tracks who pay less. This is a good thing for the guy's running at Selinsgrove but shouldn't really have much impact on Limcoln. Maybe drawl a few border-line teams away but not much beyond that.

The 358's at Selinsgrove have to be the elite of the central PA 358 Sprints. These guy's fly........

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:08 am 
Legend
Legend

A lot more would be most times about twice as many at Lincoln.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:16 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

GOSHOW wrote:
A lot more would be most times about twice as many at Lincoln.

Last year SG probably averaged around 30. Lincoln 60?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:17 pm 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Raising the 358 purse at Lincoln would send a message alright. That message would be "sell that 410 that you can barely afford and drop in a 358". As far as the Selinsgrove purse goes, I don't even think that Chico pays that for a weekly 410 show. Of course I think every sprint car race should have 5000 fans and pay 3000 to win and 300 to start.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:45 pm 
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

go show you're right on for SG. NOT counting the URC challenge show (only adds 1 car/week average) 75 different drivers in 21 different events averaged 29.62 cars per week. i remember reports of lincoln in the mid to high 40's a lot of weeks but couldn't find all the results from last year. just remember lots of things dictate where a team runs and probably the biggest is how long of a tow. i think it's great that there is 80 358 teams out there. with the purse increase some of the 20-25 guys that go home each week from lincoln without an a-main check might make the tow north

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:37 am 
Legend
Legend

I agree with it being great they raised the purse and I wish they were closer to Dover. It is hard for me to turn north when we have a track at a 15 min. tow. I also hate that 25 cars go home from Lincoln with $30 and most times there are very good cars that miss weeks. I remember last year opening 410 shows they were running 4 heats with 4 to qualify in the 410's and I saw some good cars load up before feature time. I still say that is the cause of a lot of 358 heat crashes. When they start 11 or 12 cars in a heat and 4 qualify you better be taking chances or you are going home. I don't think the 358 purse needs to be raised as a support division, I just think they need to drop the one tire per night rule. Really, Really su cks if you buy a tire for $200 fuel for $60 pit pass for $20, run a heat and a consi on a $200 tire and go home with $30, and a tire you wouldn't trust in a good starting spot for the feature. Suppose you use that tire the next time and you happen to run well in the heat and say start 4th in the feature, where you normally would have put a new tire on. Now you are starting the feature with a tire that already has over 30 laps on it. Doesn't make sense for this class. Let their starting spot for the feature, if they get one dictate if you want to buy a tire or not. Doesn't sound like much but the difference between 3 to invert and 4 to invert is very tough. Same as 4 to qualify and 6 to qualify huge difference. if 6 qualify and you miss you only usually miss by 1 or 2 which puts you at the front of a 6 to qualify consi.