Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:46 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:57 pm 
Legend
Legend

:laughing7: I am not wagering :laughing7: But I would agree with The 5W :thumbright: :cheers2:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:27 pm 
Legend
Legend

Agreed.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:37 pm 
i would have to say t.j. all the way

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:36 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

Prolly the weather, but my dark horse will be Shaffer.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:06 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

If the weather is good, Will put the $$$$ on the luck of the draw..if you start in the front row you should win.. :thinking:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:10 pm 
SELINSGROVE, Pa. – One of the biggest opening weekends in the history of Selinsgrove Speedway is scheduled to unfold Friday, March 14, featuring 410 sprint cars, and Saturday, March 15, starring the Race of Champions (ROC) modifieds.

Track Promoter Charlie Paige announced today, that with Weather permitting, the 2008 season opener at the Snyder County oval will feature the 410 sprint cars at 7:30 p.m. March 14 in a 25-lap main event paying $4,000 to win and $300 to start. Joining the 410 sprint cars Friday night for practice sessions will be the ROC modifieds. Track gates on Friday will open at 5:30 p.m.

Despite the several inches of rain that have fallen so far through the month of March to date, the weather forcasters are predicting a much needed dryer, and warmer forecast for next week leading up to the openers. The Speedway track maintanence crew is very opetimistic, and has plans on getting the track surface in prime condition for racing for next weekends 2008 openers.

The March 14 410 sprint car race will be the first of five events for the powerful open wheel cars at the track in 2008. Last year’s sprint car events scheduled for March were cancelled due to inclement weather. Other 410 sprint car events held at the track in 2007 were won by Greg Hodnett (5/27, 9/15), Sean Michael (7/8), and Todd Shaffer (8/26).

The speedway will swing back into action at 4 p.m. March 15 with the first modified race at the speedway since 1982. Saturday's Insinger Performance Fuels Icebreaker 50 for the ROC Modifieds will pay $4,000 to win plus contingencies. Also on the racing card will be the speedway's pro stock division. Click Here for Tire, Fuel & Weight Rules plus Contingency Awards

Pit gates on Saturday will open at 12 p.m., with grandstand gates scheduled to open at 1 p.m. The rain date for Saturday's modified race is 2 p.m. Sunday, March 16.
The track's 1982 modified race, sanctioned by MODCAR, was won by Dave Kelly. Following Kelly across the line were Fred Brightbill, Gary Gollub, Bob Torcky, and Billy Pauch. The top ten included Bobby Braxton, Meme DeSantis, Chip Slocum, Tim Schell, and the speedway's all-time career leading late model feature winner, Bobby Croop.

Ironically, Gollub, who almost won the 1982 race until a flat tire forced him to restart the race at the rear of the field, started his racing career at the historic Snyder County oval in 1971 in sprint car competition. Gollub is actively seeking a ride for the March 15 race.

General Admission prices for both events are Adults $15, Students (12-17) $12, Kids under 12 Free. Pit Passes are $20 for Friday and $25 for Saturday. There will be a discount for fans who attend both events this weekend. Save your rain checks from Friday night for Saturday night for the discount. Show a Friday March 14 grandstand rain check on Saturday March 15 and receive a $3 discount when entering the grandstand. For the pit area there will be a $5 discount when you show up on Saturday March 15 with a Friday night March 14 pit wrist band still attached to your arm.

An increased purse for the 410's! :clap: SWEET! I just hope we get to see 'em run! :pray:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:21 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

Hopefully the weather will cooperate for their big weekend, but it doesn't look promising as of now.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:00 pm 
Legend
Legend

mudclods wrote:
Hopefully the weather will cooperate for their big weekend, but it doesn't look promising as of now.

It's sunny here in Juniata / Perry County. :thinking:

2014 races : 46

Port Royal 19
Williams Grove 19
Lincoln. 4
Trailway 1
Path Valley 1
Grandveiw 1
Hagerstown 1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:19 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

Michael Root wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
Do you want to make a wager on that?

What do you have in mind?

Keep it simple...1 case of Brew.

I'll take 'The Jet' if the Zemco Team goes, and Esh if they don't, highest finisher is the winner.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:32 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I don't want in the contest but Shaffer or M.Smith would be my pick.

Butcher on a side note, the goods were delivered to Mr.Leach on Sunday!! He was very appreciative.

(Proverbs 17:14)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:36 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

Thank You Skinner! :thumbleft:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:46 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

OK, I understand now. :oops:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:56 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

Sounds good!

Patrick says hi back! :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:02 pm 
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

the track was torn up (in a good way) today as steve paige fired up the grader for the first time this year. with the wind yesterday the top was drying rather well. now the wet stuff was churned up from the depths and with the wind today there were a lot of areas where you could see the color difference as it was drying. promoter charlie paige said we're still full speed ahead for the weekend. lets pray for no more moisture from above.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:57 pm 
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Sounds good. According to WNEP weather it will be a go Friday with Partly Cloudy skies :thumbright: :redpepper: :bananadance:

Williamsgrove - 15
Port Royal - 8
Path Valley - 1
Hagerstown - 1
McKean County - 1