Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:16 pm 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

March 10, 2008

Chad Layton and the Pete’s Motorsports Team open in Central PA with a pair of Top 5 finishes…

It might have taken eight days, but the opening weekend for the Central Pennsylvania’s 410 Sprint Car season finally took the green flag. Great runs for the Pete Postupack owned YTI Career Institute/Pete’s Bridge Street Motors team resulted in a pair of outstanding finishes.

After a very good Florida trip which saw Harrisburg, Pennsylvania’s Chad Layton collect top 10 Finishes in both ALL STAR and WoO competition, the team put away the special edition black & silver YTI Motorcycle Technology ride and got ready for the Central PA openers. With Mother Nature playing havoc with the early season schedule the team finally got to unload the immaculately prepared blue, white & orange YTI Career Institute Maxim on March 1st for Lincoln Speedway’s Icebreaker 30. After the new passing points system shook out, Chad rolled off 4th when the green flagged dropped. While battling the cold weather and a strong wind, Chad jumped a rut and had dropped back as far as 7th. He then got back in his rhythm and charged back tow ards the front finishing a very respectable 4th place. Chad also thrilled the fans while battling Greg Hodnett for 5th; he got a great bite out of turn 4 and pulled a wheelie the length of the front stretch to the cheers of many. “The car was real good. A daytime surface is hard to pass on and with the way the weather has been it was a great surprise just how good the track was prepared” stated a very pleased Chad. “Brian and the team have worked so hard this winter and it was great to start off the season with a good finish. I also need to give credit to the best fans around. It is so cold out here and this place was packed.”

With bad weather again winning a couple of races in between, the team unloaded at Williams Grove Speedway for historic half mile’s season opener. Chad finished a respectable 4th in his heat race, which looked like a mini feature anywhere else in the country and would put Chad 11th on the grid for the 25 lap feature. Fighting blustery conditions once more, Chad charged through the field seemly being the only car that could pass on the tricky daytime surface. With 2 laps to go, Chad passed Lance Dewease on the outside and then dove low under Mark Smith on the white flag lap and settled for an outstand ing but a little disappointing 3rd place finish. “I’m extremely happy“ stated Chad after the feature. “Brian and the Crew gave me one of the best cars I have ever strapped into today. I’m just a little disappointed because if this would have been a few more laps we would have had something for Lucas & Fred. I’m in no means taking away from what they did today and want to congratulate Fred on his 75th Grove win, but this car was a rocket, both up along the top and also hugging the bottom.” He then added with a smile “Pete is such a great owner, and we are a team to be reckoned with this year. I’m excited for Pete, Brian, The Crew. YTI and everyone involved with this team. It’s going to be a fun 2008.”

Weather willing, the team plans to race 3 times this weekend. Friday will see the team race the Selinsgrove Speedway opener, where Chad has Track Championships in both 358 & 410 sprint car competition. They also plan on racing at Lincoln and Williams Grove Saturday & Sunday respectively.

Pete & Chad would like to thank the following sponsors for all of their support. YTI Career Institute, Pete’s Bridge Street Motors, Harrisburg Auto Auction, Wholesale Auto Trailer Sales, Trades Auto Sales, Hanks Performance Parts, Rock-It Pizza, Jakes Custom Golf Carts, H&H Lighting, ABC Klean Cars, Plkulin Chiropractic, Will Get Er Done, Fleet-Wrap.com, Wings Unlimited & K.R.S. Graphics, Gus & Kara Radle along with associate sponsorship from Maxim Chassis, HTMA & Hoosier Racing Tires, Rider Racing Engines, Weld Wheels, Bulldog Rear Ends, DMI, Promotion Graphics, Rocket Headers, PRO Shocks, Fuel Safe Racing Cells, S&S Enterprises & WRT Web Designs.

New 2008 T-Shirts, Sweatshirts, Can Koozies, Hats & Decals are available at the track and online. Keep up on all of the team’s news and results on http://www.chadlayton.com

Please also go to http://www.wholesaleautotrailers.com for all your towing needs.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:52 pm 
Helluva run yesterday Chad! :thumbleft:

Thanks for keeping it exciting!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:19 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

Smitty wrote:
Helluva run yesterday Chad! :thumbleft:

Thanks for keeping it exciting!

My thoughts exactly. Chad's run was worth my 3.5-4 hour drive out and back.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:41 pm 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Great start to the year for the 25. As Chad stated 2008 is going to be a fun year, I know this Layton fan is looking forward to it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:57 pm 
It was a great run. I think I threw my shoulder out cheering him on. I even told him that :roflmao: I'm not sure about anyone else and I even said this to Chad. Watching him Sunday afternoon reminded me of the U1 days in the 358. Getting a good run on people and driving threw the middle as the car he was passing was hugging the bottom. He answer was with a smile "Oh it felt like that when I was in 358's" To: Brian,Jeff,Stevie and Jerry..... Great Job guys