Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:50 am 
Legend
Legend

I would not blast anyone for being able to put $400 worth of tires on $120 for fuel + your other expenses to race for the first two spots to break even. I honestly don't see any 358 team running Lincoln at this time putting two new tires a night on. Unless you are talking a left and a right for the feature. Obviously by the vote the racers see it as saving them money. If you think anyone voted that way just so they could put two new RR's a night on I think you are mistaken. Danny are you reading this???? What do you guys use at Trailway a tire every three weeks?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:04 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

By having the one tire a night rule you are forcing teams to buy a new tire every week.When you could use a combination of tires for weeks.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:12 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Yes, you are correct wooden wing. A team would have to buy a new tire every week. That would hurt the teams who would not make the feature. What I was pointing out is that some teams would buy a new tire if they make the feature. Well, if they make the feature every week or most of the time, they would buy a new tire anyway.

GoShow, I do not think anyone voted this way to put 2 new tires on. I think the opportunity is there for teams to do that now. The point I was trying to make is that this could lead to other teams complaining about not having money to compete with a team that would put 2 new tires on a night. Now, the track conditions will play a lot into this. Most times, you could run a used tire in the heat races, no doubt. But what about the nights like last week, where it is a possibility that a new tire would be better. I am not saying it would have been, b/c we will not know if it would be better until the circumstances play out again this year. GoShow, I apologize if it sounded like you "blasted" another team for spending money. I do not remember anytime in which you did. I should have separated the sentences to make that point clearer.

Did you know that you could sucker punch somebody in the pits at the Grove in front of 2000 witnesses and have the rules not apply to you and then win the biggest race of the year? Yeah, I didn't know the rules only applied to certain people either!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:09 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Even with a dry, slick track you can get away with using a used tire in the heat. It'll look like you ran a feature on it when you're done but it can definitely be done no problem. Ed I'm with you on just completely opening up the rule again. Getting rid of the one tire a night rule was the next best thing to that though :thumbright: Thanks to the Lincoln officials on letting the teams decide on this.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:54 pm 
The only tire rule should be NO tire rule!!! :pinkelephant:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:39 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

DrakPak wrote:
The only tire rule should be NO tire rule!!! :pinkelephant:

I'll drink to that!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:51 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

You need a compound rule or you'll have all the money teams putting on gummies for the heat races and we'll have what we had a few years ago: Hoosier coming out with softer and softer tires with a shorter and shorter lifespan, rubber burnt to the track after the heats and only a handful of top dollar teams winning all the races. I'll bet the tire rules have saved most of the 410 teams money.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:22 pm 
Open rules co$t the teams the least amount of $$. It's the same with engines, etc. The WoO started all this sh!t!!!!!! If a team can run whatever they want..................you'll see good tires/engines/cars from everybody at a much more reasonable price.

Last edited by DrakPak on Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:44 pm 
Legend
Legend

I don't think I go along with that right now . Open the rules and EVERYONE will spend more money ! Then the car counts will go back down into the teens again . The car counts are up , so why change the rules now?

2014 races : 42

Port Royal 17
Williams Grove 18
Lincoln. 3
Trailway 1
Path Valley 1
Grandveiw 1
Hagerstown 1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:45 am 
Legend
Legend

I agree with one tire per night saving the 410 teams money. For selfish reasons I wish it wouldn't be that way. They do put new on for a heat and a feature with an open rule, which gives us excellent used RR's. Not saying it won't ever happen, but I just don't see many 358 teams that are running Lincoln right now in the position to spring for two RR's a night. I agree you could put a new RR on for the heat, but then keep it for use the next three weeks in heat races. With that scenario I would say there could be a week you would put two new RR's on, but then that covers you for a few weeks.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:40 pm 
Tire rules are BS... PERIOD.