Gus Linder

Discuss Miscellaneous Open Wheel Racing
baldtireman
Rookie
Rookie

Gus Linder

Post by baldtireman » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:44 am

Long time sprint car standout Gus Linder is currently recuperating at a managed care facility near his home,from a broken hip suffered in a fall at his summer cottage. Cards and get well wishes will reach Gus at the following address. Gus Linder@8000 Lawrence Dr. Bethel Park,Pennsylvania. 15102. Gus would appreciate hearing from his Central Pennsylvania fans! Thanks.............John S.

sprntlover
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Gus Linder

Post by sprntlover » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:03 am

Get Well Soon Gus
Editing Is A Rewording Activity

longtimefan
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by longtimefan » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:17 pm

Gus ran the first sprint car race I ever watched. He, Mitch Smith and another I can't remember right now( might have been Blaney) showed up at Port with sprints before they were allowed. They left them run a ten lap match race for I think $100. Mitch was running away with it until the rearend went out of his. A Regester car I think.

supertc88
Legend
Legend

Post by supertc88 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:41 pm

Get Well Soon Gus!
Central PA - Home of the PA POSSE and the Best Dirt Track Racin' in America!

SAVE Our Farmland, Forrests and Dirt Tracks!

Freedom Is NOT Free!

RIP Billy Kimmel - Gone but not forgotten!

rodbosky
Rookie
Rookie

Post by rodbosky » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:52 pm

Get Well Soon Gus. He was the first sprint car driver I really liked. That Mickey Banas # 69 was the best in my book back then.

NEWBOMB TURK
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by NEWBOMB TURK » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:10 pm

Get well Gus!

Gus was one of the first to come to Central Pa in a Sprint. Always liked the Black #69 Mickey Banas Special! Gus was a very good driver. Some of the names I remember to come east to race were Dale Blaney Sr, Gus Linder, Steve Travers, Bobby Adamson, Buddy Cochran, Frank Gorichsky. Hank's Auto Parts also always had beautifull cars back then.
This is the place where brilliant minds assemble to willfully pool ignorance with questionable logic in order to reach absurd conclusions.

The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all.
Gilbert K. Chesterton

Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.
Mark Twain

Todd Gates
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Todd Gates » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:23 pm

NEWBOMB TURK wrote:Get well Gus!

Gus was one of the first to come to Central Pa in a Sprint. Always liked the Black #69 Mickey Banas Special! Gus was a very good driver. Some of the names I remember to come east to race were Dale Blaney Sr, Gus Linder, Steve Travers, Bobby Adamson, Buddy Cochran, Frank Gorichsky. Hank's Auto Parts also always had beautifull cars back then.
Dale Blaney Sr ??? or Lou Blaney.

Get well soon Gus.

NEWBOMB TURK
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by NEWBOMB TURK » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:30 am

Todd Gates wrote:
NEWBOMB TURK wrote:Get well Gus!

Dale Blaney Sr ??? or Lou Blaney.

Get well soon Gus.
Yea it was Lou Blaney. I think he was #10. I think he sponsored himself, Blaney Lumber Company.
This is the place where brilliant minds assemble to willfully pool ignorance with questionable logic in order to reach absurd conclusions.

The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all.
Gilbert K. Chesterton

Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.
Mark Twain

Stew
Legend
Legend

Post by Stew » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:43 am

Get Well Soon Gus !!!
Supporting The Sport We Love www.beerhillgang.com Beers Friends & 410's