Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:31 am 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

WingNut wrote:
Best fight I ever saw at a race track was at Oskaloosa a few years ago during a rain delay :cheers2:

I'm sure that many would say that this would be an improvement over fireworks as a supplement to the normal racing shows!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:03 am 
Racer
Racer

Tom Peck vs. Jim McBee....I think Tom doused Jim with a dry chem in the Grove pit.

Jim Spencer vs. the Landis Brothers at Port....Had to stop the race when the one Landis slowed and waited for Spencer to appear...Bang Fest on the track. Jim had previously roughed up the other Landis on a track incident.

Jim Spencer crashed Johnny Grum....near riot in Port infield. Fans throwing stuff at Spencer pit.

Ed Spencer and clan take out wrecker in L.A. Watts riot fashion at Selinsgrove. Can't we all just get along...

:girlfight:

Williams Grove - 16.1 seconds = 173' per second = 117 MPH
Lincoln - 12.7 seconds = 145.2' per second = 99 MPH

2014 Attendance Log:

Port - 12
Grove - 0 drove there and changed my mind
Others - 0

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:19 am 
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Hamilton crew w/Rahmer vs. the Jay Richert idiots at the Port. U should never bring a torsion bar to a fight unless u can keep it in your hand. To bad for the old man from the 15 car as he left via Ambo.

Bobby Brooks goons at Lincoln for a URC race against Jay Myers driving the John Schneider 98. Do not carry chain binders to a fight if you don't expect to get pounded to a pulp! Wasn't pretty for the 17 bunch...Too Bad

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:53 am 
Legend
Legend

clarksville speedway tenn. late model heat.....
2 guys were biffin and bangin each other thru the whole heat race. race ends and they are pulling up to the exit gate. drive #2 slams driver #1 in the azz as he is parked waiting to go off the track.
#1 gets out.....#2 gets out.....#1 starts chasing #2 down the track till #2 remembers he has a knife in his pocket....whips it out and starts chasing #1 back to his car where #1 pulls out a pistol from his car.....game over! both were seen sipping shine together after the races.....probably kin folk.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:54 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

an improvement? youd rather kids see "it" than hear "it" ? hahaha

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:33 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

:buttkick:

I can't call it a fight...but the two biggest guys I've seen belly to belly was---

Tommy Hager and Carl Van Horn at Nazareth Speedway.

They were two big guys there....

:jiggy:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:49 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

1080 wrote:
Tom Peck vs. Jim McBee....I think Tom doused Jim with a dry chem in the Grove pit.

Jim Spencer vs. the Landis Brothers at Port....Had to stop the race when the one Landis slowed and waited for Spencer to appear...Bang Fest on the track. Jim had previously roughed up the other Landis on a track incident.

Jim Spencer crashed Johnny Grum....near riot in Port infield. Fans throwing stuff at Spencer pit.

Ed Spencer and clan take out wrecker in L.A. Watts riot fashion at Selinsgrove. Can't we all just get along...

:girlfight:

The Spencer riot was the night of Jimmy's first race.

- Earnest Hemingway

“Aerodynamics is for those who cannot manufacture good engines”

- Enzo Ferrari

That’s the way race people are. If they think anybody’s got money, we’re all hookers.”

- Kyle Petty

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:04 pm 
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Back in the 1950s the Spencer clan had one of the all timers. They were angry at a driver, I believe it was at the old Rummage's Grove track. The clan picked up the driver, carried him over to the front chute, and threw him on the track as the feature field came roaring out of turn four.

Plus there was the final race at Beach Haven. Ed won the race only to be told there wasn't any money to pay him. Ed returned with a baseball bat and somehow they found the money.

The AJ Foyt deal at the Grove was a classic. My dad was there and told me about it. Foyt was steaming after his heat race. He went looking for Bill White. There are several versions of what did take place. Foyt said he never threw a punch but he did have White in a headlock. White said he could actually hear his helmet cracking while Foyt had him. Foyt's defense at his hearing was he couldn't have punched him because White's head was still on his shoulder.

I remember a big one at the former Dorney Park Speedway. Mario Andretti and family were there that day to watch John Andretti race his Modified. There was a big dust up in the pits. It was odd to be standing there at the fight, look over, and there is Mario.

I also remember a night in the 1970s at the Chemung Speedrome in New York. During the race a driver stopped his car, climbed over the fourth turn tire fencing and went after some fans. Driver claimed the fans were throwing rocks at him during the race. Steve Bubb

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:43 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

hodnett and an official at grandview a few years back, not sure dave ely was apart of that or not

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:19 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Does anyone rember the time Rahmer threw a slider on Kerry Madsen in turn 4 @ the Grove and Kerry went over the fence??? On the way back to his trailer Madsens crew confronted Rahmer and without a mis-step Madsens crew guy was laying on his back an Fred was still walking......Dont mess with FFR......

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:43 am 
Pit Member
Pit Member

RT88 wrote:
Back in the 1950s the Spencer clan had one of the all timers. They were angry at a driver, I believe it was at the old Rummage's Grove track. The clan picked up the driver, carried him over to the front chute, and threw him on the track as the feature field came roaring out of turn four.

The driver was Rod Gaumer and he got into an on track incident with Cy Spencer.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:27 am 
Racer
Racer

Wasn't there an Uncle Buzz too?

I remember that clan well! Ed and a bunch of the "younger" ones were at Port this year. They still all look the same. What a bunch......... :uzi:

Williams Grove - 16.1 seconds = 173' per second = 117 MPH
Lincoln - 12.7 seconds = 145.2' per second = 99 MPH

2014 Attendance Log:

Port - 12
Grove - 0 drove there and changed my mind
Others - 0

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:33 pm 
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

High in the First Turn - do remember if Cy Spencer was the one they chased all around the track at Bone Stadium? To read the accounts all I can imagine was the Three Stooges. One of the Spencers crashed and they wanted him to get in the ambulance. He refused and started running around the track. Security and the ambulance crew chased him around the track and through the infield.

Does anyone remember the night Keith Kauffman dropped the drunk fan at the Grove? I was right behind Keith when he did it. It was a one-punch, hello dirt punch. Someone walked up and thanked Keith and he said "it wasn't nothing."