Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:41 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Posse or not?
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 6:36 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

About a year ago at Port, Lasoski pulled into victory lane and he said something to the effect of "My grandmother is from Scranton". It was something like that. To which the announcer responded with "How about it fans? Temporary Posse member?" Well the people next to me started shouting curse words rather loudly. They definitely thought not. I thought it was kind of funny how loudly they reacted.

So I was thinking of this the other day and thought I would bring it up here. What exactly makes a driver Posse? Is it the car? The driver? How good he is racing at the time? Do you stay Posse, or do you lose that title when you start travelling? I mean guys like Rahmer, Dewease, and Montieth are obvious Posse members. Kinser, Schatz, Haudenschild not. But, what about someone like Doug Wolfgang who raced here full time but only for like four years? Was he temporary Posse or because 1985 was such an awesome season he gets an exemption? If he's included what about Pittman? He raced here for like three or four years, but that was it, and now hes back on the road. What about guys like Darrah, Stevie Smith, etc.

Curious to know what everyone's opinions are with particular drivers.

Post subject: Re: Posse or not?
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 7:08 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

Definitely the car/owner in my opinion. Hodnett was Posse right off the Outlaw tour because of the car. 22 was it? Pittman was Posse as soon as he left the tour. Lucas Wolfe in the Zemco car right off the tour. Now Logan and Jacob......that's a monkey wrench. But definitely the car is what I feel makes a driver PA Posse. This also includes Western PA.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 7:38 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

taurus014 wrote:
Definitely the car/owner in my opinion. Hodnett was Posse right off the Outlaw tour because of the car. 22 was it? Pittman was Posse as soon as he left the tour. Lucas Wolfe in the Zemco car right off the tour. Now Logan and Jacob......that's a monkey wrench. But definitely the car is what I feel makes a driver PA Posse. This also includes Western PA.

Hodnett went from the Selma Shell #11H to the Apple #12. Actually, Tim Shaffer and Hodnett switched rides. Shaffer was the driver of the Apple #12, went to the Selma Shell #11H.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 8:52 pm 
Legend
Legend

I always thought once you were Posse your were Posse for life. Look at all the years Bobby Allen traveled and he was always Posse. Is Stevie Smith not Posse?

http://www.pbase.com/davidm2/
http://davidm.smugmug.com/

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 9:05 pm 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

You are where you hold your weekly points!
Push truck

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 11:39 pm 
Legend
Legend

Stevie is still a New Oxford boy no matter where or what he drives. :thumbleft:

Logan Schuchart will always be a Spring Grove/Hanover boy,same thing.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Racing-ph ... 6874310329

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 12:12 am 
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

If they're following the full World of Outlaws tour, it's tough to call them Posse.

To me it's all about where you race on a weekly basis - so Justin Barger (NY) JJ Grasso (DE) Lafferty (NJ) and on and on would be considered Posse. Stevie Smith is running a 95% PA schedule, his car owner is Fred Rahmer and he's born and raised in New Oxford and is at Lincoln every week helping the Rahmer boys. He's not even a debate at this point in his career - hell even the Outlaws posted on their website Posse strikes first when he won.

2011: 21
2010: 28

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 12:33 am 
Legend
Legend

Who really cares :roll: I just want to see a run form other than the first two rows Outlaw or weekly show. :thumbleft:

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 12:45 pm 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

GOSHOW wrote:
Who really cares :roll: I just want to see a run form other than the first two rows Outlaw or weekly show. :thumbleft:

Thank you X 100

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 4:37 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

DirtHawk wrote:
If they're following the full World of Outlaws tour, it's tough to call them Posse.

To me it's all about where you race on a weekly basis - so Justin Barger (NY) JJ Grasso (DE) Lafferty (NJ) and on and on would be considered Posse. Stevie Smith is running a 95% PA schedule, his car owner is Fred Rahmer and he's born and raised in New Oxford and is at Lincoln every week helping the Rahmer boys. He's not even a debate at this point in his career - hell even the Outlaws posted on their website Posse strikes first when he won.

I agree with that.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 4:39 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

GOSHOW wrote:

I agree with that also.

I'm very agreeable today. :D

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 6:55 pm 
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

GOSHOW wrote:

It's a legit question from someone who was curious. Not everyone here has followed racing as long as we have. Hell, I don't know who coined the phrase...to me an outlaw was someone who ran wherever the heck they wanted to, marched to the beat of their own drum, answered to no one and no rules. Sheesh, I guess I'm really showing/feeling my age today!

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 11:00 pm 
Legend
Legend

I'm with ya Pa. Early 70's they didn't care much for points or anything but cash. Opp, Ferkel, Allen, put up the cash and they would tow there. Hard to tell in those days where some of them were from except maybe under the truck when it was raining.. :thumbright:

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 8:54 am 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

GOSHOW wrote:
I'm with ya Pa. Early 70's they didn't care much for points or anything but cash. Opp, Ferkel, Allen, put up the cash and they would tow there. Hard to tell in those days where some of them were from except maybe under the truck when it was raining.. :thumbright:

I gather that the WoO has contractual restrictions on where/when their regulars can race if there's a WoO show nearby. It appears that the Late Model tours are much more accommodating of those who prefer to run the big money shows, no matter which sanction sponsors them - guys like Scott Bloomquist come to mind.