Selinsgrove first-timer

Discuss Miscellaneous Open Wheel Racing
Scott H
Crew Member
Crew Member

Selinsgrove first-timer

Post by Scott H » Wed May 21, 2014 12:35 pm

First time at Selinsgrove this Sunday. :yessss:

Any tips on seating, concessions, or anything racing related would be appreciated. :dance:
Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?

bkahn67
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Re: Selinsgrove first-timer

Post by bkahn67 » Wed May 21, 2014 1:40 pm

Either try to sit up in the first turn or one of the unreserved sections in the covered grandstands. The first turn offers the best sight lines, another positive about the first turn is there is a rest room right by the consessions right behind the first turn bleachers, All cars pit in the center of the track which can really block your sight lines if you don't get up high enough. The food is all really good depends on what you like, the chilli, hot sausage and pizza are my personal favs. not the cheapest place to eat but you get what you pay for for the most part. Only one entrance unless your going to the pits, locate it first then try to park as close to it as you can unless you don't mind a bit of a walk. Hope you enjoy the track.

hotrodney
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Post by hotrodney » Wed May 21, 2014 5:34 pm

With the cars pitted in the infield, there's gonna be some blind spots no matter where you sit(mainly turns 2 and 3). Higher is of course better, so get there early to get a good spot. I sit in the top row of the covered grandstands which I think offers the best overall view of the track and speed thrill, plus little dust. The ends of the covered grandstand are open seating with the turn 1 end being the family section. The rest is reserved with the top rows being season reserved and the middle to lower $2 extra at the window. My brother loves sitting on the turn 1 hill which offers a unique view of the cars coming at you and going into turn 1. It's an awesome perspective but be sure to take goggles if you sit there. They also have two sets of open bleachers on the frontstretch where my parent like to sit and a cement terraced lawnchair section which is a nice place to sit but you have to pay $2 extra per spot.

Food, I like the chili, pizza, chicken and fish sandwiches and it's the only track where you can get fresh roasted peanuts. The food is reasonably priced, lower than most tracks I've been to.

You'll be sure to get a good speed buzz from Selinsgrove. It's a very fast track and you sit a little lower and closer than anywhere else. :thumbright:
Stimulate the economy- buy made in the USA.

Shuey21
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Post by Shuey21 » Wed May 21, 2014 6:11 pm

410 shows especially get there early and get your blankets up if you plan on sitting in the covered Grandstand non reserved seats. they go fast!
2015 Count: 50

2016: 20
Lincoln - 4
Port Royal - 5
Williamsgrove - 7
Selinsgrove - 3
Susquehanna - 1

bmd5229
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by bmd5229 » Fri May 23, 2014 8:51 am

If I remember correctly last year, they let people in before the gates open to put stuff down, and then closed the gates about 15 minutes before re opening them at the given time. If the gate beside where you actually buy your ticket is open, then walk in and put your seat down. The only problem is sitting in turn one, you have people on metal bleachers who stand on the top, plus the haulers, and covered grandstand block your view of most of the track.
"Believe deep down in your heart that you are destined to do great things." - JVP

poolguy
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by poolguy » Fri May 23, 2014 2:58 pm

:laughing7:

I always get there around noon time, then put my chair on the top row in the reserve section just a little towards turn #4 from the flagstand. Then when I come back at race time, where ever my chair ends up------that's where I sit. :yessss:

But for real I know a guy that sits up there from Maryland and the reserve seats next to where he sits, the people who own them never show up. :mrgreen:

My secret at my favorite racetrack.

But I do always get there early and on the way up I check out the Indoor Flea Market. :jiggy:

Brent Leach
Legend
Legend

Post by Brent Leach » Sat May 24, 2014 9:06 am

It's always better to be high.
Tilton Hilton
2 Speedway Drive
Mechanicsburg , PA 17055

2015 races : 37

Port Royal 12
Williams Grove 14