Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Selinsgrove first-timer
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 12:35 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

First time at Selinsgrove this Sunday. :yessss:

Any tips on seating, concessions, or anything racing related would be appreciated. :dance:

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 1:40 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Either try to sit up in the first turn or one of the unreserved sections in the covered grandstands. The first turn offers the best sight lines, another positive about the first turn is there is a rest room right by the consessions right behind the first turn bleachers, All cars pit in the center of the track which can really block your sight lines if you don't get up high enough. The food is all really good depends on what you like, the chilli, hot sausage and pizza are my personal favs. not the cheapest place to eat but you get what you pay for for the most part. Only one entrance unless your going to the pits, locate it first then try to park as close to it as you can unless you don't mind a bit of a walk. Hope you enjoy the track.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 5:34 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

With the cars pitted in the infield, there's gonna be some blind spots no matter where you sit(mainly turns 2 and 3). Higher is of course better, so get there early to get a good spot. I sit in the top row of the covered grandstands which I think offers the best overall view of the track and speed thrill, plus little dust. The ends of the covered grandstand are open seating with the turn 1 end being the family section. The rest is reserved with the top rows being season reserved and the middle to lower $2 extra at the window. My brother loves sitting on the turn 1 hill which offers a unique view of the cars coming at you and going into turn 1. It's an awesome perspective but be sure to take goggles if you sit there. They also have two sets of open bleachers on the frontstretch where my parent like to sit and a cement terraced lawnchair section which is a nice place to sit but you have to pay $2 extra per spot.

Food, I like the chili, pizza, chicken and fish sandwiches and it's the only track where you can get fresh roasted peanuts. The food is reasonably priced, lower than most tracks I've been to.

You'll be sure to get a good speed buzz from Selinsgrove. It's a very fast track and you sit a little lower and closer than anywhere else. :thumbright:

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 6:11 pm 
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

410 shows especially get there early and get your blankets up if you plan on sitting in the covered Grandstand non reserved seats. they go fast!

Williamsgrove - 14
Port Royal - 3
Path Valley - 1
Hagerstown - 1

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 8:51 am 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

If I remember correctly last year, they let people in before the gates open to put stuff down, and then closed the gates about 15 minutes before re opening them at the given time. If the gate beside where you actually buy your ticket is open, then walk in and put your seat down. The only problem is sitting in turn one, you have people on metal bleachers who stand on the top, plus the haulers, and covered grandstand block your view of most of the track.

Grove:11
Lincoln:4
Port:6
Path Valley: 1
Eldora:2

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 2:58 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

:laughing7:

I always get there around noon time, then put my chair on the top row in the reserve section just a little towards turn #4 from the flagstand. Then when I come back at race time, where ever my chair ends up------that's where I sit. :yessss:

But for real I know a guy that sits up there from Maryland and the reserve seats next to where he sits, the people who own them never show up. :mrgreen:

My secret at my favorite racetrack.

But I do always get there early and on the way up I check out the Indoor Flea Market. :jiggy:

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 9:06 am 
Legend
Legend

It's always better to be high.

2014 races : 42

Port Royal 17
Williams Grove 18
Lincoln. 3
Trailway 1
Path Valley 1
Grandveiw 1
Hagerstown 1