Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Plan B ?
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 1:30 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

You just said in your opinion 3 drivers may go back out, there is only 4 in the A-main (Jim Yoder) so that is most of the drivers.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 3:24 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Not that it matters about my opinion, but I think that July 12th would have been the best night to at least make up the LM race because SG does not run that night. I really don't think they should have the LM race when they are having it because it forces those few drivers to make a decision.... Oh well. Hopefully they support their home track. Whatever it is it is....

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 6:21 pm 
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

taurus014 wrote:
You just said in your opinion 3 drivers may go back out, there is only 4 in the A-main (Jim Yoder) so that is most of the drivers.

Ah ok wasn't aware of that, ok then.

Williamsgrove - 14
Port Royal - 3
Path Valley - 1
Hagerstown - 1

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 6:46 pm 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

psu 12 wrote:
Not that it matters about my opinion, but I think that July 12th would have been the best night to at least make up the LM race because SG does not run that night. I really don't think they should have the LM race when they are having it because it forces those few drivers to make a decision.... Oh well. Hopefully they support their home track. Whatever it is it is....

well.. being that we race at Selinsgrove from time to time.. Do you really think if Selinsgrove would rain out and reschedule the feature they would wait til Port wasn't racing??? Now be honest with your answer.... :whistle: But truthfully.. That's the chance you take going to other tracks to race..

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 8:24 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

Shuey21 wrote:
taurus014 wrote:

Ah ok wasn't aware of that, ok then.

No problem. During the rain delay Port officials actually pulled up Selinsgrove's and Lincoln's schedules on the computer when trying to make a decision. Port already had their May 3rd Late Model race scheduled for July 12th (Selinsgrove off night) so the May 24th makeup couldn't have been run that night. Then once the 7-features came about, July 12th went back to a regular show.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 9:20 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

psu 12 wrote:

That probably would have been best but I doubt they want to wait a month and a half to get these m/u races in the books. They could even have more by then. Besides, do you think they would really have a free admission show on a Selinsgrove off night? :laughing7:

Selinsgrove apparently decided that go-karts were more important this past weekend. :dontknow:

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 9:23 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Just what I thought when it first came to my mind. It really is no big deal, and both tracks will be fine....

By the way, I am sure that go cart event made tons of money and will go a long way in helping out the speedway.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 2:17 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

hotrodney wrote:
psu 12 wrote:

That probably would have been best but I doubt they want to wait a month and a half to get these m/u races in the books. They could even have more by then. Besides, do you think they would really have a free admission show on a Selinsgrove off night? :laughing7:

Selinsgrove apparently decided that go-karts were more important this past weekend. :dontknow:

The go kart race you speak of was a $10,000 to win for one class and several that paid anywhere from $500 to $1000, this race was a make up from the beginning of the season, it was not a "screw the drivers and fans of the big track" go kart race as you make it sound. Not to mention Im sure they did well financialy.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 5:48 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

bkahn67 wrote:
hotrodney wrote:
psu 12 wrote:

The go kart race you speak of was a $10,000 to win for one class and several that paid anywhere from $500 to $1000, this race was a make up from the beginning of the season, it was not a "screw the drivers and fans of the big track" go kart race as you make it sound. Not to mention Im sure they did well financialy.

Well good for them. Looks like that is the future. Is there a make-up the Ray Tilley classic?