Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:03 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:14 pm 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

bmd5229 wrote:
longtimefan wrote:
In most of these cases you go through qualifying the same as everyone else and if you don't qualify for a better spot you get a provisional to start at the rear of the field.

But how do they know what spot they will start in?? Or how do fans know what spot they would start in?? Pill draw from certain numbers or how does it work?

Won't know til the feature lineup I guess.

2014 Race Count

Volusia: 4
Lincoln: 9
Williams Grove: 11
Port Royal: 10
Susky: 3
Roaring Knob: 1
Path Valey: 1
Grandview: 2
Selinsgrove: 2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:22 am 
Crew Member
Crew Member

Usually a guaranteed starter is just that - you will be racing in the feature no matter what. You will go through the normal qualifying procedures, and if you do well in time trials and your heat race, you will start in the feature based on those results. If you do bad in either, and don't transfer out of the 'B', you still have a spot in the 'A', likely tagging the rear of the field. :thumbleft:

Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pro ... 1321718744

2014 races:

Salamanca, NY - ISOC/ECS Snocross
Lincoln - 3
Port Royal - 6
Lernerville - 8
Mercer - 2
Williams Grove - 3
McKean County - 5
Roaring Knob - 1
Knoxville - 4

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:03 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Having guaranteed starters from earlier races at different tracks doesn't make much sense to me, not unless it's some kind of challenge race between tracks. It most likely just gives that driver a provisional if he's unable to qualify.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:55 pm 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

I think it's promotion,giving a guranteed starting spot for the winner here gets the word out about the KK classic in an area that doesn't normally see sprint cars.A good race here and talk about the KK classic all night plus the video's online and news coverage goes a long way to selling tickets for the big show.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:31 pm 
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

bschriver11 wrote:
I think it's promotion,giving a guranteed starting spot for the winner here gets the word out about the KK classic in an area that doesn't normally see sprint cars.A good race here and talk about the KK classic all night plus the video's online and news coverage goes a long way to selling tickets for the big show.

It also could help draw cars to the KK classic. As of now, Cole Duncan isn't planning on coming to the KK but if he would have won on Sunday (he was real fast) he obviously would have been there.

2011: 21
2010: 28

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:58 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I don't know if a provisional starting spot would be enough to cause Duncan or any other driver to change their plans and travel a long distance, especially if there is a big paying race close to home. Who knows? A guaranteed dash spot would, but I doubt that is happening. I'm sure that Lincoln isn't going to have any problem selling tickets or drawing cars for the KK classic. It's probably just a promotion gimmick to draw more attention to these tracks that don't normally run sprints. There's nothing wrong with that but I think it's kinda silly to lock cars into any race based on something that happened months ago, at another track nonetheless. I never like it when the outlaws locked in the top 4 from prelim night. Let each show start with a clean slate and make it fair to all drivers. JMO